Inspire 1 Pro Landing Gear
903 3 2016-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ndavy8721
New

Jamaica

Hello All:
I am experience an issue where the Inpsire 1 automatically lowers its landing gear ( at 250 feet AGL) while I am panning the camera. Has anybody experienced this problem and have a suggested fix?

2016-3-17
Use props
rpereboom
lvl.1

Yes I have had this happen to me on two separate flight when the gear comes down on its own  I can't say what altitude I was but it was high.  I was able to cycle both times and get the gear up.  No idea what the cause is.
2016-3-17
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Sometimes the VPS gets confused when going over surfaces that dont have  much contrast such as sand or water.  When you have the "Adaptive Gear Setting" enabled the VPS may think it is lower in altitude  and lower the gear.  The best solution is to turn off the Adaptive Gear setting when flying over this type of terrain.  Just realize you will have to drop the gear manually when landing.

hope this helps- donnie
2016-3-18
Use props
Hterag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 961978 ft
China

Could it be that the camera/gimbal is getting close enough to the sonar on the bottom that the Inspire thinks it's getting close to the ground? You said it happened when panning the camera so perhaps the camera passed below the sonar or close enough to it that with the drone tilting it was below it.
2016-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules