DHL express Phantom 4 shipping
6776 6 2016-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
frank
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36683 ft
Norway

I just ordered a Phantom 4 from Apple store with express shipping. Was looking forward on flying it this weekend as delivery was scheduled for 18th but suddenly my phantom was put on hold due to "dangerous goods" or something like that (I can't get the exact text back) and now status changed to "The requested service has changed; for assistance please contact DHL". I tried speaking to DHL customer service earlier and the person there was just talking about lipo batteries and that apple was labeling the product wrong but from what I can see it is no problem sending this small batteries with a airplane?
Anyone else having this issue and know how to make them realize that it isn't dangerous?  
2016-3-17
Use props
mgsayah
lvl.1

Canada

I am in the same boat right now as we speak. I ordered my Phantom 4 directly from DJI. It was shipped with DHL and now it has been held in Cincinnati, OH because "The shipment has been identified as containing Dangerous Goods and requires special processing".

What did you end up doing to clear this whole thing? I havent called DHL, but I plan on doing that tomorrow morning to see what they say.
2016-4-25
Use props
joey.lopina
lvl.3
Flight distance : 498839 ft

That delay sucks but I think they're holding due to the battery.  BS if you ask me.. Hope you guys get your bird soon enough!
2016-4-25
Use props
DJI Store
DJI team

Hong Kong

mgsayah Posted at 2016-4-26 10:54
I am in the same boat right now as we speak. I ordered my Phantom 4 directly from DJI. It was shippe ...

mgsayah, please contact onlinesales@dji.com if you need our assistance.
2016-4-25
Use props
hanweicheng594
New

Canada

I have the same problems. And on DHL tracking website shows my phantom 4 is arrived in Canada Ontario Service Area. But when I called in to check when they can delivery the package, DHL told me they cannot find where the package is! So for the last 7 days, I kept calling DHL almost everyday and email DJI everyday for the answer. But DHL does not do anything so far. They still cannot find where my package is. And the answer I get back from DJI is only a link take me to track my package. I mean what the hell! I do not need DJI teach me how to track my package. I need a answer what the hell happening about my package!!!! Anyways, I am not so happy about DJI English service. Really does not help.
2016-5-2
Use props
phantom-four.co
lvl.2

Netherlands

IATA changed the regulations for shipping LiPo batteries in the middle of April. Even though this was announced a while ago information may not have made it down to warehouse shipping depts which could create confusion regarding labeling. Will probably be solved in a couple of weeks but it's a shame you're affected by it now.
2016-5-2
Use props
Jeffo C
lvl.2
Flight distance : 159488 ft
Australia

My P4 was held up due to the extra LiPo batteries that I purchased with the unit, it was sent via DHL air cargo to Sydney which is on the other side of the country to where i live. It was then sent via road as most airlines will not ship freight with extra batteries. Most airlines in Australia will ship Phantoms with one battery as long as it is installed in the unit.
After it was discovered that the Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 that disappeared was carrying 200kg of Lithium batteries they changed the rules.  
2016-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules