Android Tablet issues with P4
1816 13 2016-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
icsrz
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Anyone else having trouble connecting your P4 with Android tablet (Nexus 7/Latest Android OS/DJI Go App) after firmware updates?

Mine will go to the camera view but no picture whatsoever. Please update DJI.
2016-3-17
Use props
mrGREEK360
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236414 ft
Canada

Is this a nexus 7 1st gen? If so it wont work.. Even the nexus 7 2nd gen barley works  with a p3 so it might not work with a p4. Has your nexus 7 worked on other phantoms? Try another device, if it works with a different device then I'd reinstall the go app, if that didn't work I'd then restore the tablet. If nothing fixes the issue on the nexus 7 yet works with a iPhone 6s for example, then you will need a new tablet.
IMO the best tablet is the NVIDIA Shield K1 Tablet for 199$ and is as powerful as high end tablets with a best of a GPU.
2016-3-17
Use props
Craig Rogers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 168445 ft
United Kingdom

I didnt' have issues connecting, but had terrible issues with errors and very unstable flight.  Also couldn't upgrade the firmware.

As others suggested, uninstall the Go App and then re-install.  It seems that the upgrade to the App causes issues.
2016-3-17
Use props
icsrz
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

mrGREEK360 Posted at 2016-3-17 15:56
Is this a nexus 7 1st gen? If so it wont work.. Even the nexus 7 2nd gen barley works  with a p3 so  ...

My Nexus 7 is 2nd gen and worked flawlessly with my previous P3 Pro. In fact it did recognize it at first before the upgrade of firmware. I did the upgrade and after the aircraft was done and proceeded to do the RC it no longer recognize the aircraft so I switch on my iPhone and it proceeded the update firmware on the RC. After reboot, everything works with iPhone 6+. Android connects but does not see any image at camera view at all. I think the aircraft upgrade is not good for android. DJI needs to fix it.
2016-3-17
Use props
icsrz
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I hope DJI is doing something about this!
2016-3-17
Use props
edbighi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Austria

My Nexus 7 works perfectly. The key is to delete the app and reinstall it.
2016-3-17
Use props
edbighi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Austria

Also make sure that use cellular data to upload and USB debugging are enabled. Also, rebinding controller somehow fixes little issues like this.
2016-3-17
Use props
icsrz
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

edbighi@gmail.c Posted at 2016-3-17 18:41
My Nexus 7 works perfectly. The key is to delete the app and reinstall it.

Okay.. I spoke too soon. But I had to do the drastic thing and erase my android and reinstall dpi go app. It works now but the screen is not smooth and lost connection while in flight. Maybe I need to redo my settings.
2016-3-17
Use props
mrGREEK360
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236414 ft
Canada

icsrz Posted at 2016-3-17 23:07
Okay.. I spoke too soon. But I had to do the drastic thing and erase my android and reinstall dpi  ...

The newer phantom3 with the new motor designs has a different remote than the older phantom3. The new style use the tablet to offload processing from the phantom3 and remote to the tablet. People with new  remote have reported that they get choppy video on their older tablet.

I would bet anything that the phantom 4 is using the new phantom3 method for the controller, thus the older tablets now will run like crap, sure it will work but you will get 3 to 5 Second delays and choppy video and losing connection, making it worthless for fpv.
I have both the Nexus 7 first and second gen and they are unusable on the newer version of the phantom3 in my opinion, so I'd expect it not to work well on p4.

You spent 1400$ what's another 199$? Going from a Nexus 7 to a Nvidia shield k1 is like night and day.
2016-3-17
Use props
icsrz
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

mrGREEK360 Posted at 2016-3-17 20:19
The newer phantom3 with the new motor designs has a different remote than the older phantom3. The n ...

Thank you for your input. I will look into upgrading. I'll be at the field tomorrow to do more testing and see if it needs to be done.
2016-3-17
Use props
edbighi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Austria

Just finished a flight today on the phantom. 4 and Nexus 7. No problems even at 1 mile distance.
2016-3-18
Use props
wally1
lvl.2
United States

I've been reading your posts and am wondering if the app isn't going to work with my phone.  I have  Druid Turbo and when I try to connect it won't show the camera button on the app.  It's show a camera for Inspire which I don't have.
I don't know what's going on.  I really don't want to have to buy a tablet, but will if I have to in order to fly this thing.
2016-3-18
Use props
icsrz
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

wally1@teleport Posted at 2016-3-18 08:32
I've been reading your posts and am wondering if the app isn't going to work with my phone.  I have  ...

I was able to fix my issue. I had to do a full restore of android erasing all my data then re-installing go app. I did not mind doing it because it was the only thing I'm using the tablet for. I'll do test today and see how the range is because last night it was cutting off and even got disconnected mid flight but I leave close to an industrial area as well.
2016-3-18
Use props
wally1
lvl.2
United States

I'd hate to have to do a full restore on my phone as it has all my contact info in it.  I'd like to avoid that if possible. I did an uninstall, turned off the phone, and re installed DJI Go-same thing. I can't get the camera button to show up.
2016-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules