5933 64 2016-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lido_bmt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87772 ft

ArtistFirst Posted at 2016-3-23 16:15
I am not finding your results but

morei is the jumping you get from over-sharpness when flying ove ...

Someone that's supposedly well versed in photography and cinematography yet you don't know that that's not "morie" or "morei"? That's moire. Also not sure I'd want moire to be "automatic", whatever that means.
2016-3-23
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

sinbad_uk@ntlwo Posted at 2016-3-18 11:09
Skippnig this one but my Mrs bought a P4
I must admit it looks better in the flesh than in pictur ...

"Skipping this one but my Mrs bought a P4
I must admit it looks better in the flesh than in pictures (it looks fat in pictures)  
She Is over the moon with it."

You are the smartest man in the world giving your wife the P4 while you keep P3.  Happy wife - happy life.  : )
2016-3-23
Use props
DroneSpeed
Ban Posts

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-23
Use props
DroneSpeed
Ban Posts

United States

2016-3-23
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117343 ft
United Kingdom

HunterBrooks Posted at 2016-3-23 16:32
"Skipping this one but my Mrs bought a P4
I must admit it looks better in the flesh than in pictur ...

Lol it's no biggie honestly. There is nothing on the P4 that I really want. Love my P3

Tony
2016-3-23
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DroneSpeed Posted at 2016-3-23 17:50
Until she discovers it doesn't get the flight time or range that DJI states it does. Sad wife, sad ...

She knew in advance that she would not get what is advertised, remember I have been here a while and am aware of the false advertising

Tony
2016-3-23
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-3-21 07:33
Now that is a rarity....I must admit it looks better in the flesh than in pictures (it looks fat i ...

It really is nice looking, you will not be dissapointed...

Tony
2016-3-23
Use props
rich
lvl.3
Flight distance : 197680 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

edbighi@gmail.c Posted at 2016-3-17 23:32
I received mine today and was absolutely blown away by the fit and finish of the phantom 4. It is da ...

Day and night comparison in cost as well. You have to buy absolutely everything again ! Batteries , case to keep it in . Expensive upgrade for just a slight improvement in camera quality. The craft seems like it's not quite finished. Sensors only on the front and they don't even work in sports mode !? There's been reports of weak signal too especially when comparing to earlier editions of the P3 and stated battery times reported less as well apparently . Depends what you consider as value for money I guess. Each to their own.
2016-3-23
Use props
Sajid Shah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 627539 ft
Portugal

I Already JUMPED from p3 To p4
2016-3-23
Use props
edbighi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Austria

I concur with the weak FPV signal. I love everything about the phantom 4. But FPV signal is not quite as good as the phantom 3. Sometimes 75% as good but most often 50-60%. This has become a massive annoyance for my flying over the last week.
2016-3-23
Use props
Nink
lvl.2

Canada

Barney Rubbel Posted at 2016-3-21 08:26
V4, P4, Too Pricey 4, whatever. 220-221. Whatever it takes!

Barney

LMFAO
2016-3-23
Use props
Barney Rubbel
Second Officer

Thanks Nink! That's too funny.

Barney
2016-3-24
Use props
pgrover516
Banned

United States

2016-3-24
Use props
quaddron3
lvl.2

Canada

I think the P4 is a better looking drone. It has a real 'Portal' vibe to it with the curves and the white color, i.e. Portal turrets.

The obstacle avoidance is a good idea, but its evidently only on the front? That's useful but half baked. I might wait until they get 360 deg obstacle avoidance.

As for the recognition thing, that's all software. They are probably making that exclusive to the Phantom 4, even though it can work on the P3 also. And in fact, you could get third party apps that already have similar function.

The dual IMUs on board are probably useful for averaging and offering a redunancy. Not sure, never flew a P4. The P3 is not terribly stable indoors. So definitely the P3 can use work in this area.

Of course, the waypoints function in the P4, just like the P3, is still stupid because you still have to waste a battery or more to fly to location first.

Overall, I don't know if I can justify a new purchase as its not a worthwhile upgrade IMO. But if you're a first time buyer, maybe that makes more sense than the P3P. Then again, if you don't care about the obstacle avoidance and the better looks, the P3P can be had for cheaper. Save that money for the Litchi app which you are forced to buy because the native DJI go app is functionally limited on purpose (i.e. waypoints).
2016-3-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

P4 range
Here is a AirShou screen capture of a 5000m flight. It has been edited for time. Note that when the Phantom reaches over 5000m the RTH point is well behind the the battery's remain capacity. This required returning in Sport mode. The craft did make it back but did not catch up to the RTH point until about 500m from the HP.

2016-3-27
Use props
DroneSpeed
Ban Posts

2016-3-28
Use props
Nink
lvl.2

Canada

DroneSpeed Posted at 2016-3-28 22:24
Unfortunately this is over a lake- or an area with zero interference. The complaints center around ...

Haven't  you been banned yet?  BTW  I am considering a position at Apple as apparently the previous executive in charge of drones was let go for violation of social media guidelines and disrespecting Apples strategic business partners . As an Apple and DJI fan I believe it was the right decision.
2016-3-28
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

DroneSpeed Posted at 2016-3-29 10:24
Unfortunately this is over a lake- or an area with zero interference. The complaints center around ...

DroneSpeed.  We have had this conversation before.  We have answered your concerns.  Please refrain from bringing up the same issue over and over again when you don't like the answer or the evidence.  that does interfere with the function of this forum.  Thank you.
2016-3-28
Use props
SVTRay
lvl.3

The P4 doesn't do anything for me. I'm probably going to call it quits on the Phantoms. I sold my P3P today and will list my P2V+ shortly. I'll still keep my P2/Gopro since Gopro is releasing a 5k camera this year. I'm not sure where I'll go from here, either buy an Inspire 1or build my own drone. I may pick up another P3P when prices bottom out.
2016-3-28
Use props
whiskey'dip
Ban Posts

United States

2016-3-28
Use props
Khan
lvl.1

Canada

I reluctantly jumped ship from a 3DR solo and I'm literally blown away with the P4. If I wasn't a DJI fan before, I definitely am now.
2016-3-28
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Khan Posted at 2016-3-28 21:57
I reluctantly jumped ship from a 3DR solo and I'm literally blown away with the P4. If I wasn't a DJ ...

Good to hear!

Dave
2016-3-30
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft

lido_bmt Posted at 2016-3-23 22:35
Someone that's supposedly well versed in photography and cinematography yet you don't know that tha ...

I am a VFX artist and why you are such a rude arsr? And I am well versed in photography as you said even if my grammar and spelling is less than good.

I never even SAY that word let alone write it to know how to spell it.  Why are people such pricks behind a keyboard?
2016-4-17
Use props
lido_bmt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87772 ft

ArtistFirst Posted at 2016-4-18 02:36
I am a VFX artist and why you are such a rude arsr? And I am well versed in photography as you sai ...

You would never say moire even though you work in the VFX field and it comes up all the time in terms of discussing with cinematographers as well as colleagues in mitigation techniques and is a basic idea concern along with aliasing? Uh, ok. Look, you may be the greatest VFX artist who ever VFX'd, but you communicate like a child. So that's why we're talking to you like that.

And you still haven't explained what "automatic" is or in reference to.
2016-4-18
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft

lido_bmt Posted at 2016-4-19 00:53
You would never say moire even though you work in the VFX field and it comes up all the time in te ...

I don't even know what you are referencing with the automatic.

Here is our (me and my partner's reel from 3 years ago, I own the company though) .

If you want to get in a battle with me about what is said on set to cinematoraphers when I am a doing a VFX job, you will lose.  It's usually more telling them how to properly light the screen, or to remind the DIT to turn off motion blur by flipping the shutter angle and telling grips where to lay down tracking markers and going to production meetings to discuss whether we want to do something practical or digital, what props we should use, and those sort of things when I am the VFX Supervisor.

When I get the footage sent to me from Fotokem or KMP (Keep Me Posted) I get the final locked version completely uncompressed in Avid 10 bit uncompressed video. The cinemetographer is the one that deals with More Ray. Lol.

I know what it is, I know how to fix it if I happen to be using a camera but I am a VFX artist before a photographer however, if you want to get in a pissing contest, I'll do it, but if you want to just stop now, I would suggest it.

All the VFX in this sizzle reel were done by Jess and I, and we used the Phantom 3 (which to shoot some of the aerial shots that I don't even know are in this video) which is the only time I will use a Phantom professionally is for establishing shots or quick inserts since it comes out encoded.

I am on these forums because I am not a speclist in RC and this Phantom 4 is causing me headaches but nobody, including DJI have answers.

Since we are sharing pics. This is the pic I got the other day only about 40 meters away from where I was standing and had to run iniside and grab my iphone to save my second P4.  First one is fine, second one wont work with all the new app and iOs 9.1.3.

CHANGING TO A REAL problem.  Left turn....

SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!

Look how far I am for a WEAK SIGNAL.

followed by...

So I called DJI "customer support" and after waiting an hour and then getting disconnected because the power in their building went off, I called back and waited another hour (they are bogged down because of the new OSMO accessory) and now I can't even connect with the Mini 2, I get crap range with the iPhone 6+ and I had ZERO problems with my first one.

My first one is in NY right now so I can't test it to see if it's the software or not, so I am in the bad spot of deciding whether to HOPE it's the software and not the hardware but since i can't get a straight answer from DJI, I am going to protect myself and return it.

I did the itunes format and restore and that didn't work, in fact it made it worse.

I have unlinked and relinked 20x.  I can't figure out what's wrong with it.

I am bringing it to my friend who is an engineer in an hour and I'll see what he has to say but nobody has answers.

I was one of the "what is everyone complaining about" people before the second one.

And I'm easy.  I'm not looking to fly miles and miles, i just need it to go in the air and feel safe that i am in control and that it will failsafe if something goes wrong.  I have never felt a twinge of fear using my P3s and now I'm a nervous pilot and that's a bad pilot.

Very frustrated.
2016-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules