Cant PAN in Flashlight Mode!!
2378 12 2016-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
simler
lvl.2

Anyone else have this problem.Happened after the last upgrade. I can pan and tilt in normal mode but when I go to Flashlight mode I lose my ability to pan I can still tilt but not pan until I return the unit upright. Anyone else have this issue? Help DJI!
2016-3-17
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi,
In Flashlight mode, the pan and tile both should work if it's with the firmware version older than v1.4.1.80. However, the latest 2 versions don't support that feature.
BTW, please look at P13-15 of the user manual carefully and compare the gimbal's position with your own. If you try to rotate the Osmo from Portrait Mode to Flashlight Mode, I'm afraid you may not enter the Flashlight Mode correctly.
To enter Flashlight Mode, rotate the Osmo forward 90 degrees to go from Upright Mode. Quickly tapping the trigger twice will center the camera.
2016-3-17
Use props
simler
lvl.2
Canada

Let me get this straight are you saying the latest firmware TOOK A FEATURE AWAY???? Why on earth would you take a step backwards! Sorry I do not follow that logic of taking away something as simple and traditional as panning a camera!! I know how to get into flashlight mode correctly but not being able to PAN now seems crazy. Will this come back in the future updates??????
2016-3-18
Use props
retret66
lvl.2

United States

this made my day haha.incredible
2016-3-18
Use props
nico_mav
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1858852 ft
Greece

i believe that in the new firmware they will put on it

however it was not there in 1.4v but only in 1.0v and 1.2v

that means that you downgraded like me, for a long time !?
2016-3-18
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

nico_mav@hotmai Posted at 2016-3-18 17:53
i believe that in the new firmware they will put on it

however it was not there in 1.4v but only ...

Flashlight mode is pointless anyway, I don't need some pop up message to tell how I'm holding my osmo.
2016-3-18
Use props
rodAndTheCat
Second Officer

New Zealand

simler Posted at 2016-3-19 07:48
Let me get this straight are you saying the latest firmware TOOK A FEATURE AWAY???? Why on earth wou ...

Hi, I was on the earlier version and it never did work for me in flashlight mode. (Android phone-and still doesn't of course!) I just assumed it was not available in that mode and it still isn't. Are you saying that you had 4 axis movement in flashlight mode before?

Rod and the cat
2016-3-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

simler Posted at 2016-3-19 02:48
Let me get this straight are you saying the latest firmware TOOK A FEATURE AWAY???? Why on earth wou ...

Technically, considering that the range of panning in Flashlight Mode is very limited, and the angle of the gimbal will change at times, so this feature was changed.
As regard to the future firmware update, whether it will be added or not will be estimated seriously. Please pay attention to our official website for any news.
2016-3-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

rodAndTheCat Posted at 2016-3-19 09:26
Hi, I was on the earlier version and it never did work for me in flashlight mode. (Android phone-a ...

It could tilt and pan by the joystick in Flashlight Mode before if you enter that mode correctly.
2016-3-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-3-19 08:32
Flashlight mode is pointless anyway, I don't need some pop up message to tell how I'm holding my o ...

Maybe in certain circumstance, it will be proven to be useful.
Do you have any good ideas about how to improve this feature?
2016-3-18
Use props
simler
lvl.2

Why would the ability to pan, even if limited  to be pointless?. A camera that can pan you consider pointless?? Say you are following two people that are say 6 feet apart and you want to go from one to the other sorry but a pan is an  instant solution. If you are saying that a pop up message is pointless I agree but saying flashlight mode is pointless or panning  seems short sited?
2016-3-18
Use props
Oneplus 5t
lvl.1

France

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-18 19:07
Maybe in certain circumstance, it will be proven to be useful.
Do you have any good ideas about how to improve this feature?

2 years later, I bought the osmo mobile 2 and I find it to be limited in the exact same way! What a bummer!
2018-2-21
Use props
JattyThomas0121
lvl.2

India

Oneplus 5t Posted at 2018-2-21 01:22
2 years later, I bought the osmo mobile 2 and I find it to be limited in the exact same way! What a bummer!

I can tell you what worked for me, what i did was this shutdown and restart the phone. https://thegeekpage.com/flashlight-not-working-on-android-phone/
2023-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules