Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
seabase195.aol
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1710938 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tim, Amy or anyone,

Firmware updates: I ordered the P4 on March 10th and got it today....I'd say that's pretty fast. In reading the guidance for the firmware updates, can we update the firmward on the RC and the P4 by transferring the bin file to an SD card, like we generally do with the P3?

I am asked this question by other groups I belong to and since i have to perform it now, it would be nice to know.

Legal Update: Just an FYI; I just took a class in the legal ramifications with drones in Homeowner Associations and Condos; specific to Florida. I will be blogging about this in a day or so as soon as I wrap my head around the class and my notes. There are alot of scared HOA's and Condos in Florida, so our legal teams are working on the answers for these specific situations. More to come and I am NOT an attorney, so I will only be able to tell you what was told to me.

Gary C
2016-3-18
Use props
sfcordova
lvl.1

You can do it directly from the DJI go App.  Update the DJI Go App first, then connect to the RC.  You will be told there is an update available for the RC.  Download the update and the app will proceed to update the RC.  The app will then tell you to connect the supplied dongle to the Aircraft.  Keep the RC on, that's important.  disconnect the USB side of your lighting cable (if you use an IOS device) or whatever cable you use, and connect it to the dongle.  It should detect the aircraft and begin to update.  Note, you will not hear the different sounds from the aircraft, the DJI app will let you know when it is done.
2016-3-18
Use props
sfcordova
lvl.1

Oh by the way, let me know if you get the "Jello" footage while flying.  Take a close look at it, the gimbal on mine doesn't seem to be stable and gives me shaky video.  Thanks.
2016-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules