New phantom 4 camera sensor error!!
14701 26 2016-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ge.moc
lvl.2
Italy

hi, today i received my phantom 4 bought on march 2 from dji web store. Once opened, i have linked the aircraft to my iPad mini 4 but when i press "camera" on the dji go app i can read this error: " camera sensor error - hardware malfunction -, contact dji support for repair.
I tried to upgrade both the aircraft and the rc to the latest firmware but nothing changed. Tried also to downgrade and upgrade again from the dji assistant v2.
Tried to delete the dji app and reinstall...Tried to use my  iPhone 6 but nothing....always "camera sensor error" message and no live feed.
I noticed also that i can control the gimbal motore from the rc, but i cannot change resolution, wb, photo/video settings ecc.

The phantom is new, it never flown (because of this problem), do you think there is something else i could try? Could be a firmware version or dji go app problem?
And last: if i send it back to dji, will it be replaced or repaired?
Think you for your support, have a nice day.
2016-3-18
Use props
mrGREEK360
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236414 ft
Canada

If you send it in through rma they will not replace with a new unit. DJI will try to repair, if it cannot be repaired then you will get a refurbished unit.

You will have to do a return if you want a new unit and you only have 7 days to send it back. You also will have to pay for shipping back if you do a return, unless DJI does an exception. (Will be costly to send it from Italy back)

My new Phantom 3 Pro was DOA never flown. I tried my hardest to get a new replacement since bestbuy CANADA does not do exchanges for open drones even if DOA (USA is different) Took myp3p  a week to get there and repair usually takes 2-3 weeks and the shipping time back.  You can try to get a escalated RMA if you do decide to get it repaired vs getting a refund and reorder.

DJI should replace new units with new units and not repair/give refurbs. I find DJI policy (4-5 weeks repair including shipping time for DOA units) to be very anti consumer, and I 100% believe that this is a big reason DJI gets a bad rap for support, as they should IMO.  DJI needs to change their ways and fast, the competition is starting to catch up and even surpass DJI in some areas, it's only a matter of time that DJI gets unseated from the market leader throne if they keep this up.

2016-3-18
Use props
citivas
lvl.2

United States

That's a serious bummer.  I feel your pain.  Best of luck getting it replaced quickly.

I guess that's one advantage of buying from Apple -- with a DOA unit they would swap it out with a new one on the spot.
2016-3-18
Use props
snowdak
New

United States

just opened my new phantom 4 upgraded firmware and got same camera sensor error contact dji for repairs.....this sucks looks like a common issue
2016-3-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

snowdak Posted at 2016-3-22 16:18
just opened my new phantom 4 upgraded firmware and got same camera sensor error contact dji for repa ...

Really, two people reporting it and you call it a common issue?

Why oh why do people unbox their Phantom and immediately try to upgrade it? Fly it, get to know it.
2016-3-21
Use props
snowdak
New

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-3-22 00:34
Really, two people reporting it and you call it a common issue?

Why oh why do people unbox their  ...

The upgrade was made because the software asks you it stated incompatible firmware on some units upgrade before flying.  All upgrades went smoothly.  Do a search on the web there are others on different forums reporting same issue.  But thanks for your kind input,,,,,,
2016-3-22
Use props
boxerman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

I unboxed my P4 yesterday - finally got all the updates done and DID NOT get the camera error.  I would try to do a factory reset and then re-install the updates.  Also....  you did remove the two protective film covers from the camera?  One on the lens, one on the gimbal pivot.
2016-3-22
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

One option I can think of is Try to perform a re sync between the controller and the bird.
2016-3-22
Use props
Ge.moc
lvl.2
Italy

it's an hardware malfunction. No way. I tried to upgrade because even with the stock firmware it showed this error message. I'm DJI customer from phantom 1, i'm used to firmware upgrade (and how and when to do it), don't worry Geebax.
Also, you can read about the same problem on other internet forums.

Lukely DJI offered me an immediate swap of the defective unit (no repair) or a complete refund. I choosed this way and i send the bad phantom to the DJI service in NL at their costs. i bought a new unit from Apple.
Good customer service from DJI!

2016-3-22
Use props
Ge.moc
lvl.2
Italy

microcyb Posted at 2016-3-22 16:10
One option I can think of is Try to perform a re sync between the controller and the bird.

it did nothing in my case. Like the firmware upgrade, downgrade and re upgrade with dji assistant, imu calibration, compass calibration ecc...
2016-3-22
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Ge.moc Posted at 2016-3-22 11:19
it did nothing in my case. Like the firmware upgrade, downgrade and re upgrade with dji assistant, ...

Wow, that is very sad to hear.  Since ordered from DJI, I do not see any other option but sending it back.

Hopefully others have ideas.
2016-3-22
Use props
kylek21
lvl.1
United States

I'm having the same issue with my P3 advance , I can move the gimbal, see the image but can't record or format the SD. Contacted DJI customers service not much help so they provided an RMA to send it back. Seems to be a software issue being that this happened after the latest firmware update and so many DOA P4's with the same issue.
2016-3-25
Use props
r.vuilleumier
lvl.1
Italy

I have The same problem with New Phantom 4 just updated!
2016-4-12
Use props
chicorastabrand
lvl.1

Brazil

I too. I have The same problem with New Phantom 4 just updated: Camera Sensor Error.
2016-4-27
Use props
waynekerryattew
lvl.4

My advice get a refund, nothing but trouble with these units and company.
2016-4-27
Use props
edigiuseppe29
New
Flight distance : 5056 ft
Italy

I too have the same problem with the front sensors. after the first flight I had the problem. I tried to do the setup using DJI Assistant2 but are unable to complete the alignment. I have contacted online support and they told me to try to change the PC. As soon as possible we will try to change PC, by the time I stopped flying.I believe, however, that the DJI should intervene to improve the firmware or the app DJI Support2.
2016-6-2
Use props
ferdejuancuenca
New

Spain

i had a sensor fail, and a the video vas corrupted. i send it back to apple and they change it for a new one. i hope the new one is ok.
2016-6-2
Use props
eeasm313
New

Iraq

I too have the same problem (new 4 Phantom error camera) sensor and what is the solution Briakm ???
2016-9-6
Use props
mail
New

Russia

eeasm313 Posted at 2016-9-7 09:28
I too have the same problem (new 4 Phantom error camera) sensor and what is the solution Briakm ???

I too have the same problem with camera.
No picture, all normal but black screen. Not working video record, not working photo shooting.
Help please!

To this screen I a few hours ago normally flew and everything worked.
Next time I have arrived to the new place, the kopter has included and the camera didn't work any more.
Screenshot_2016-09-10.png
Screenshot_2016-09-13-12-19-07.png
2016-9-13
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

waynekerryattew Posted at 2016-4-27 14:11
My advice get a refund, nothing but trouble with these units and company.

I known this is old but Exactly this. I made the mistake of sending my NIB P4 from DJI in to service rather than return it when it arrived with a deffective compass and I have had nothing but trouble out of DJI and the product ever since.
I've had multiple P4's arrive back from DJI service with different sets of problems out of the box that are either easy to see visually or easy to test functionally on the first flight.

The last one was sent in at the beginning of July and I still dont have it back. 6 month warranty components are now expired and I've only flown it a hand full of times and have no confidence that if DJI service ever gets a replacement back to me that I won't have more problems out of it that I will unfairly have to pay for since warranty expired.
2016-9-15
Use props
user0c0c86ec40
New

India

Phantom 4 not video display
2016-11-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

user0c0c86ec40 Posted at 2016-11-27 14:29
Phantom 4 not video display

Could you please elaborate as to how you are not able to get a video display? What firmware are you running and what DJI Go app version you have? What mobile device do you use?
2016-11-26
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

microcyb Posted at 2016-3-22 23:31
Wow, that is very sad to hear.  Since ordered from DJI, I do not see any other option but sending i ...

sorry to hear but spare yourself the angst and get a replacement unit. DJI is actually very good with giving breaks when the problem is their hardware or software. Not many people praise them for this but they are good on that count.
2016-11-27
Use props
barrub3d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53333 ft
Italy

I too, same problem, no crash.. I've tried recalibrate camera, imu, update, default configuration, but nothing.. Still camera sensor error..
I've seen in last 2 flight, video lag, and partial photo shoots, with semicurve black or white area.. As the photo was shooted with mechanical shutters either on movement.. Something similar..
Just 4 months of life..  
2017-8-27
Use props
Manikandan7
New

India

I am also having this problem in  P4P and P4.
Anyone know how to solve this problem?
2017-9-23
Use props
PowerBand1
lvl.3

Australia

Aerialaccess Posted at 2017-10-10 15:59
Did this ever get fixed? I now have the very same issue.

Check the ribbon cable connections.
2017-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules