Inspire 1 control APP for Apple devices
12Next >
15148 43 2015-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cincydrone
New

United States

What is the name of the DJI Inspire 1 control APP and when will it be available in the Apple App Store for download on my iPad? I have not seen it in the Apple APP store as of 1/10/15.
2015-1-10
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Go here http://m.dji.net/djipilot
2015-1-10
Use props
Ozren
lvl.3

Croatia

iOS version can be downloaded from http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/download, just scan the barcode.

Current version is 0.9.1, i think 1.0 will be on the appstore, tho DJI should answer that.
2015-1-10
Use props
cincydrone
New

United States

Blade_Strike Posted at 2015-1-11 04:15
Go here http://m.dji.net/djipilot

Thank you for your reponse but the link you gave me did not provide me with anything useful. I opened it using both Adobe and then iTunes and did not have any results finding the Inspire 1 control APP.
2015-1-10
Use props
abe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

cincydrone Posted at 2015-1-11 04:40
Thank you for your reponse but the link you gave me did not provide me with anything useful. I ope ...

You need to open the link from your iPhone or iPad.
2015-1-10
Use props
pinpointmapping
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5345105 ft
  • >>>
United States

WTF?  Why have all reference to iOS compatibility been removed from the DJI Inspire 1 web pages?  I received my new iPad Mini 2, just 1 day after getting my Inspire 1, and as soon as I go to download the app, I find that It has been pulled from the internet and now it appears that DJI doesn't say that the Inspire is compatible with Apple any more?
2015-1-16
Use props
Zeebadoo
lvl.2

United States

There is another thread already explaining this issue, but it seems that apple and DJI are trying to work things out right now. I think it is more an APPLE issue and less a DJI issue. Thanks APPLE.
2015-1-16
Use props
p-swieconek
New

United States

pinpointmapping Posted at 2015-1-17 01:32
WTF?  Why have all reference to iOS compatibility been removed from the DJI Inspire 1 web pages?  I  ...

Apparently issues with iOS and latest firmware update. Use the live chat when you need info - you will get immediate response. I upgraded yesterday and found issues with opti not holding position, so wasnt surprised that it was removed. Dji recommended I wait for new app.
2015-1-16
Use props
pedro armendari
lvl.1

Mexico

i downloaded the app on my iPad about a week ago and it ran fine.... now with all these problems between dji and apple.... is my app going to run ok or am i going to wait to see what happens with dji app and apple????
2015-1-16
Use props
mattkurvin
lvl.1
United States

pedro armendari Posted at 2015-1-17 03:58
i downloaded the app on my iPad about a week ago and it ran fine.... now with all these problems bet ...

I wouldn't risk it, they say the IOS app will be re-released in about 10 days. Never thought I'd say this, but time to get an android. ;)

Btw I just received mine today and am also on IOS, bummed...
2015-1-16
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

China

We are busying with Apple Co. for the app re-certification, once it released again we will first time inform our customers.
Sorry for the delay. Android device can be a replacement these days.
2015-1-17
Use props
mattks
lvl.2

South Africa

So the 3k machine goes up in price for some. We now have to buy a new device to work with it if we are Apple users.
2015-1-17
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

mattks Posted at 2015-1-18 12:32
So the 3k machine goes up in price for some. We now have to buy a new device to work with it if we a ...

Just picked up may pre-order Inspire.

I am appauled after waiting so long for this and after also purchasing a new iPad that I now cant download an app for the iPad to use this machine as it is intended and as it was marketed.  

DJI seriously need to get your finger out and sort this.

If there is an app available and I cant find one on the DJI site as it says it is not available at this time could someone please provide a direct link.  Also where is the Waypoints for this again as per the Hype and marketing.

Seriously disappointed unless someone from DJI can point me in the right direction
2015-1-20
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

abe@abekleinfel Posted at 2015-1-11 05:01
You need to open the link from your iPhone or iPad.

No id doesnt work - it says ios is not available
2015-1-20
Use props
Haidar.baqir.em
New

Italy

not really impressed.. just got my inspire 1 and went to the apple store.. the app is not available anymore. hmmmm. i have now a deadly device which needs another 500 euro to work by switching to android.
2015-1-20
Use props
abe.email
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

You can download version 0.9.2 here http://install.diawi.com/QqqLHb. Click on the link from your iOS device.

I think someone removed my post from earlier, possibly DJI, so you better hurry before someone removes it again.
2015-1-20
Use props
lzrman.email
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7598451 ft
  • >>>
Canada

The application you are looking for is not available anymore: it has reached the maximum number of installations.

Contact your app developer for any question.
2015-1-20
Use props
todd
lvl.1

United States

Has anyone heard when the Apple app will be available?
2015-1-21
Use props
patrick.bender.
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9760 ft
Sweden

some say 7 days others 10 but none knows for sure, it depends on apple right now.
2015-1-21
Use props
scott.k.davidso
lvl.2
Flight distance : 189167 ft
United States

Can the Inspire 1 be flown without the app running?   Thinking about ordering now, but don't want to be 100% grounded while I wait for the App approval (especially as the link above no longer works).
2015-1-21
Use props
pbofavl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1307631 ft
United States

Although they didn't answer any of my questions in my official bug report, and they didn't use my name in the reply.  here's what DJI support sent re: IOS app.

E. Y. (DJI Technology)
Jan 19, 17:27

Dear Tom,

Currently we are in the holding phase as we wait on Apple to approve and add the iOS app to their App store. Sorry for the confusion as we were previously hosting the app via our adhoc link, but Apple removed that as soon as it moved into the process. Please hold tight as it is in Apple's hands now and on their timeframe of 1-2 weeks to become available and officially hosted. Sorry for the delay.

DJI Pro Support

DJI Technology, LLC
6424 Santa Monica Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90038
2015-1-21
Use props
mlglisson.email
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

pinpointmapping Posted at 2015-1-17 01:32
WTF?  Why have all reference to iOS compatibility been removed from the DJI Inspire 1 web pages?  I  ...

Yeah this is upsetting since I have 4 iPads and none of which I could use (Previously I could have used my mini2) I went on Amazon and bought a Galaxy tab 4.8 which I will use to pilot mybird.
2015-1-21
Use props
abe.email
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

lzrman.email Posted at 2015-1-21 15:42
The application you are looking for is not available anymore: it has reached the maximum number of i ...

I re-uploaded the app to Diawi (the wireless installation site I previously used). Try this link from your iOS device. It should work now.

http://install.diawi.com/dPHckc
2015-1-22
Use props
davidmillsaps
lvl.1

United States

I agree with your comments about the Apple app JI pilot. I am trying to do a Inspire 1 demonstration this weekend, Sunday,  at the local flying field for others interested in the Inspire 1. My Inspire 1 just came in yesterday, coming in with two controllers. In preparation for this demonstration, I purchased two new iPad Air 2s for the express purpose of using with my dual control for the Inspire 1 that I just purchased. Unfortunately, now that I have the Inspire in hand, and the controllers and inspire all charged up, And having fully configured both iPad Air 2s, I now cannot download the app for the Inspire, and cannot do the demonstration. It seems to me if I ordered this over a month ago with the express purpose of using this with the 2 iPads, I would get a more specific answer from DJI as to what is going to happen with the Apple app. WHEN WILL IT COME? WILL IT EVER COME ? I am reticent to download from Abe if this is going to mess up the function of the iPad otherwise. Please let me know if you have any ideas about this, or call me at 828-320-5152. David Millsaps. Also, why do you get a body harness for the Inspire 1 in the main case (very well designed by the way), but no harness for the second controller. This makes no sense.
2015-1-22
Use props
davidmillsaps
lvl.1

United States

You are correct. All reference to the inspire 1's compatibly with the Apple product has now been removed from the DJI website entirely. This gives me serious concern that the DJI pilot will never be approved by Apple and therefore the investment I put in into these 2 iPad Air 2s has been a wasted investment of money, time, and effort. I'm curious as to what other Inspire 1 users will receive when they specifically ask DJI about the iPad DJI Pilot App. Please post these remarks (DJI responses) when you receive them. I'm approaching the point of no return with my 2 iPad Air 2s just purchased and will have to make a decision in the next two days as to whether I should return them or not. DJI has put many of us in a difficult position, and puts DJI themselves in an embarrassing position of looking like they are not being forthright with their customers. I agree that 2 extra batteries (larger size) might be a minimum just payment for those of us who are now stuck with two new iPads that may now be useless with the Inspire 1 dual controller.
2015-1-22
Use props
montyashtonlewi
New

Australia

davidmillsaps Posted at 2015-1-23 13:53
I agree with your comments about the Apple app JI pilot. I am trying to do a Inspire 1 demonstration ...

I know this is not a fix to your problem, but if you are desperate to fly soon, you have two weeks in which you can return apple products for a full refund as long as you have the receipt and the products ain't damaged. You could then get compatible android tablets or if you have an android smartphone - use that in the meantime until the iOS app gets released.
2015-1-22
Use props
lzrman.email
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7598451 ft
  • >>>
Canada

abe.email Posted at 2015-1-23 12:27
I re-uploaded the app to Diawi (the wireless installation site I previously used). Try this link f ...

Awesome! Thanks! got it on my iphone6 and ipad mini2!
2015-1-22
Use props
abe.email
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

davidmillsaps Posted at 2015-1-23 13:53
I agree with your comments about the Apple app JI pilot. I am trying to do a Inspire 1 demonstration ...

Well, you're free to make your own choices, of course. But if it will make you feel any better, I and hundreds of others have been using this exact 0.9.2 version for a couple of weeks and it works perfectly fine on both my iPhone6 and my iPad Mini 2. I've flown the Inspire 5 or 6 times with it and have not found a single bug.

Please allow me to add a good natured rant...

I am amused at the high level of risk-averse folks on this forum. By definition, the Inspire is a brand new, ground breaking product that any rational person would expect will have issues early on. It represents the very essence of bleeding edge technology. It is also expensive. And to make matters even more risky, it flies! So anyone that can't afford to take the risk of losing something that you toss into the air, costs $3,000 and is a first-of-its kind, brand new technology, should probably stay away from the Inspire. The Phantom is a much safer, lower cost bet. Those of you sitting on the fence about flying it, waiting for everything to magically work with all bugs resolved, sell it and buy a Phantom. Or man up and fly your Inspire. Those of us that took it out of the box, threw caution to the wind and started flying are having a great time. Yes, a few folks crashed theirs. Their fault? The Inspire's fault? Who knows? One thing I've learned about flying RC, none of these things retire of old age. They all have a sad ending. If you spend $100 or $3,000 on a remote controlled flying machine, then be prepared to crash it or lose it. Then repeat :-)
2015-1-22
Use props
serge.email
lvl.2
Flight distance : 545043 ft
Switzerland

+1. I could not agree more. That being said the iOS app being pulled from the App Store when many purchased an iOS device just for this is a bit of a bummer ;)
2015-1-22
Use props
abe.email
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

serge.email Posted at 2015-1-23 15:32
+1. I could not agree more. That being said the iOS app being pulled from the App Store when many pu ...

Yes, but to be fair, it was never in the App Store. So it was never pulled from it. It's on its way there now for the first time. The reason it's not available in the mean time is that during the process of getting it into the App Store, Apple won't let you distribute it any other way.

DJI could have waited until the app was in the App Store before releasing the Inspire. I'm glad they didn't wait. Using a pre-release app, version 0.9.1 and now 0.9.2, has allowed me to fly my Inspire since early this month. The quality of the pre-release app is very high. I'm very happy to have had the opportunity to get experience with the Inspire during this time.
2015-1-22
Use props
montyashtonlewi
New

Australia

abe.email Posted at 2015-1-23 15:06
Well, you're free to make your own choices, of course. But if it will make you feel any better, I  ...

Totally agree with your 'rant'. Yes - the iOS app may have been listed as a feature of the inspire 1 but I would be very surprised if there wasn't a contractual term in the purchase agreement that says the app is subject to Apple's approvals. Demanding compensation for iPads/iPhones purchased just for the inspire is a waste of time - though I'm jealous you have enough money to purchase premium Apple products just to use as screens.
As Abe said, the inspire 1 is cutting edge and is undoubtably going to run into a few bumps along the way. $3000 dollars buys a quad that has more features than many 50k + commercial drones. I borrowed a friends nexus 5 to use until I can use the iOS app.
2015-1-22
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

Abe,  Just got my new Ipad Air 2 and tried your link and it states the app is not available.  bummer.  Will it be out there again?
2015-1-23
Use props
abe.email
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

vonbaron1 Posted at 2015-1-24 06:33
Abe,  Just got my new Ipad Air 2 and tried your link and it states the app is not available.  bummer ...

Did you try this link? You need to click on it from your iPad.

2015-1-23
Use props
Bosifer
New

United States

abe.email Posted at 2015-1-24 11:23
Did you try this link? You need to click on it from your iPad.

Abe, I don't think any of your links have ever worked. Maybe you should try a different service other than Diawi.
2015-1-24
Use props
abe.email
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bosifer Posted at 2015-1-25 03:40
Abe, I don't think any of your links have ever worked. Maybe you should try a different service ot ...

The links all worked, many had success with them. There's just a voracious appetite for the app and Daiwa has a limit on how many times an app can be downloaded before it cuts off. So I have to keep uploading the app every other day or so and creating a new link. I just did that. Try this:

http://install.diawi.com/hWt7Lw
2015-1-24
Use props
abe.email
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Here's a new link to the 0.9.2 iOS Pilot app. Daiwa apparently puts a limit on the number of downloads so I have to keep re-uploading the app and creating a new link every other day or so.

http://install.diawi.com/hWt7Lw
2015-1-24
Use props
abe.email
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

And here's the actual 0.9.2 app: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qcpfr6 ... box.com%5D.ipa?dl=0

You won't be able to install it as is, but if you upload it yourself to Daiwa.com as I have been doing (follow the easy directions on the site) it will create a link that when clicked from an iOS device, will automatically install the Pilot app to your iPad or iPhone. So share with your Inspire friends and enjoy flying with your Apple devices.
2015-1-24
Use props
hifidiaries.ema
New

United States

abe.email Posted at 2015-1-25 04:16
And here's the actual 0.9.2 app: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qcpfr6nhea650q9/%5BDJI%20Pilot%5D%5Bi-fun ...

So even though it's off the link DJI setup, is it safe to use the app? Has anyone here continued to use ips version of app before it goes live?
2015-1-24
Use props
rsni2002.email
lvl.1

Sweden

Hi Abe worked a treat using ifunbox, just dragged and dropped and it upgraded from 0.9.1 to 0.9.2 on my iPad.
Thanks Buddy!!  
2015-1-24
Use props
stuzphotos.emai
lvl.2

United States

abe.email Posted at 2015-1-25 04:10
Here's a new link to the 0.9.2 iOS Pilot app. Daiwa apparently puts a limit on the number of downloa ...

Abe I got it thanks YOU ARE THE MAN! GOOD FLYING
2015-1-24
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules