Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
First Video with titles and music - Updated
1089 7 2016-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bobcat50
lvl.2
Flight distance : 353064 ft
United States

I have almost 120 flights on my P3P. I've captured the video and pictures from all my times in the air.
I've looked at the raw video before but never edited it and added titles and music.

This is my first attempt to completing something I could post. All editing was using the Go Pro software, this is what I use for my Hero 3+.

Not quite this finished product and I'm working on the final edit. This is preview, hope you enjoy the video.

2016-3-18
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha bobcat,

Nice first try, but why are you posting in 720p?  With the amazing technology you have at your disposal, you seem to be underutilizing  what you need for an entry-level video.  As your audience, we all know that you have at least 1080p 30fps available to you with the P3P.  Videos are much more crisp in 1080p and 30fps (or more) cuts down on jitter when the camera moves (but slow camera movements are best in cutting down on jitter).

Your text is way better than anything I have tried.  You might also consider downloading other free video editing software.  If you are a gamer (or know a gamer), Blackmagic has DaVinci Resolve 12 that is both free and gives you amazing color correction.  The washed out, overexposed portions of this video could easily be turned into color rich scenes with Resolve, but it is very demanding of the computer.  

Overall, this is a good first try.  Look up "exposure" in this forum and read what is said about what the P3P has to offer for recording color rich videos, like histogram, over-exposure warning, auto-exposure, and exposure control dial.  There is tons of information.  You will do fine.

Aloha and Drown On!
2016-3-19
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

Looked just fine to me. I must not be as picky as others.
2016-3-19
Use props
michaelfinney_h
lvl.2

United States

Lovely video ..Well done. Whats the music?  It's nice to give an attribution at the end of the video to the music. Regarding 720 or 1080 on a PC it's not easy to see the difference. On your big screen TV you will see a difference. File size will be bigger for 1080, but worth it.
2016-3-19
Use props
bobcat50
lvl.2
United States

Cetaman Posted at 2016-3-19 01:07
Aloha bobcat,

Nice first try, but why are you posting in 720p?  With the amazing technology yo ...

I posted this one at 720P as it rendered faster and uploaded to youtube quicker. Have not worked with color correction but it is in my plan to get better video.

It was late at night and my goal was to edit, add titles and music.
2016-3-20
Use props
bobcat50
lvl.2
United States

Music on this video is REO Speedwagon, Time to Fly.
Had more time to work on the editing. Played with fade in & out on the titles.
Still have a long was to go.

Working on switching over to Cyberlink Powerdirector for editing.

2016-3-20
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

bobcat50 Posted at 2016-3-20 17:12
Music on this video is REO Speedwagon, Time to Fly.
Had more time to work on the editing. Played wit ...

Aloha bobcat,

Now we are talking about quantum leap!  This is what you can do.  The other one would have lost you the audition.  Why listen to a guy named Elmer - what a Fudd!  As MichaelFinney notes the 1080p is worth it.  

Good video!  Maybe I am prejudiced, but great choice of music in both videos.  You are on the way!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-3-20
Use props
bobcat50
lvl.2
United States

Cetaman Posted at 2016-3-20 22:28
Aloha bobcat,

Now we are talking about quantum leap!  This is what you can do.  The other on ...

Thank you
I am just learning to fly
2016-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules