Complete Newbie Setup
912 6 2016-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tfoxon
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi Everyone,

I have just purchased my very first quadcopter, a P4.  I have viewed many videos and read a fair amount about the P4 but it would be of great help if I could have an idiots run through guide prior to my very first flight.  I'm not looking for an over indepth step by step instruction but more interested in ensuring that I havent missed something and any advice on setup from more experienced pilots would be most appreciated before I go and stuff the thing into a thousand pieces.

Thanks

Terry
2016-3-19
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

Run it through the simulator first to get an understanding of it.
2016-3-19
Use props
Mutnic
lvl.2
United Kingdom

pi-inthesky@hot Posted at 2016-3-19 14:25
Run it through the simulator first to get an understanding of it.

Thanks for the reply.  I actually went out today and flew it for real.
Very impressed, not only with the way it performs but the ease that I was able to control it.

I appreciate I am being helped by the built in aids that are within the system and I can only say, well done DJI, a superb machine.  

can't wait to get more practice in and eventually start to capture some great footage.

A happy customer indeed.
2016-3-19
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

Mutnic Posted at 2016-3-19 13:43
Thanks for the reply.  I actually went out today and flew it for real.
Very impressed, not only wi ...

Just a quick heads up,   after you get a hand full of flights under your belt and 1-2 hours logged you may notice something strange happen.  your gonna have a newly found pair drop and your gonna fly in sport mode in places you really shouldn't.   

most everyone will openly deny this but weather you know it or not i will happen.   when i first detected the tingle of invincibility with my p3p when i clicked and had the urge to want to fly thru tree branches and try some crazy things because "i knew what i was doing"  i ran out to best buy dropped a few bucks on a beater and did some stupid stuff.  didn't destroy it or break anything but its not worth the risk.   

good drone crash compilation.   you will see many people who gave into the power of newly descended rocks, and the damage that occurred from it
2016-3-19
Use props
Mutnic
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Great piece of advice and I do understand where you are coming from.  Thank you!
2016-3-20
Use props
Rob_stal
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1243038 ft
Australia

Mutnic Posted at 2016-3-20 21:36
Great piece of advice and I do understand where you are coming from.  Thank you!

Give this a read.

Phantom 3 Summary guide - Very useful and well done
https://www.dropbox.com/s/10tozj ... ry%20Guide.pdf?dl=0

Forum member " Northofthe49th " posted it earlier, although it's for the P3 it's a great Guide and has a really good checklist as well.
2016-3-20
Use props
Mutnic
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Rob_stal Posted at 2016-3-20 16:03
Give this a read.

Phantom 3 Summary guide - Very useful and well done

At a quick glance that looks like it has loads of really good information and guidelines.

Thank you for that.
2016-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules