Odd shutter when landing
688 5 2016-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
coreysromero
lvl.1
United States

Flying my P4 for the first time yesterday I noticed a couple of things. 1 there is a very odd engine noise when flying that I defently did not have with my P3 (seems to fly ok). The other issue and wondering if anyone else has this is when you land and the P4 shutters pretty bad almost like a unbalanced shaking. '

2016-3-19
Use props
mtnred
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91811 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes to both .No matter how soft I make the landing .There is this shudder as she touches down .Neither are a problem .Just a quirk of the P4 ?
2016-3-19
Use props
Thacyoon
lvl.2

Norway

yes to both here too
2016-3-20
Use props
tomvaillencourt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61184 ft
  • >>>
United States

I assumed the shutter on touchdown was just the anti skid coating on the base of the landing gear.  If you land with even the slightest lateral motion in any direction, you can get the shudder. I spent a good part of a pack today just practicing touchdowns on my paved driveway, and a few were completely shudder free, but you have to land in an extremely stable hover. As I learned in flight school... keep flying it till the rotors (or props) stop.  
2016-3-20
Use props
Rob_stal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1243038 ft
Australia

tomvaillencourt Posted at 2016-3-21 08:01
I assumed the shutter on touchdown was just the anti skid coating on the base of the landing gear.   ...

I agree with you, definitely the rubber coating. You have to be a bit more mindful of your landings with the P4 .
2016-3-21
Use props
coreysromero
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for confirming.
2016-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules