Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Useful Osmo tip!
1803 6 2016-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Davidaw
lvl.2

United Kingdom

OK despite it's issues, the Osmo is a great piece of kit.  If used within it's lmits its going to add production value and prove a great investment.

One drawback however is unavoidable and not DJI's fault! Using it drains the battery on my iphone quite quickly - even if I buy a second phone, perhaps an ipod, it'll still drain that, so here's what I did!

First buy a mini auxillary battery like this.... http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41OaCtzsyzL._SX425_.jpg (can't vouch for that make 0 it's just an image I found on line of something similar to what I have).

Use an elastic band, cable tie, even gafer tape (I'm thinking of getting some self adhesive velcro tape) to attach the battery to  the back of the Osmo accessory holder, where the phone clips in.

Most of these batteries come with short charging cables but even if not you can tuck any excess charging cable into the tape or eleastic band that's keeping the battery attached.

Put the phone into the holder with the charging connector pointing out from the camera - connect it to the battery and all is fine - you'll only be using battery power until you're finished shooting (or the battery runs out) and then your phone's own battery won't have been rained so you can call up all your friends to tell them how well the shoot went!

Works for me!  

2016-3-19
Use props
simler
lvl.2

Good tip there are some i phone cases which also contain a second battery built right into the case called Moshi basically they can up to double your iPhone battery capacity. Its like having a second battery all the time.There are 3 types 60 ,80 and 100 percent. These are the values it will bring your phone back to once its own battery is depleted.
2016-3-19
Use props
C.Birch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56365 ft
United Kingdom

Yep you can buy cases that not only protect your phone but give you another 4000-5000 mAh of battery, not sure if they would make the phone to big to fit in the Osmo holder, still waiting for my Osmo to come and then if it's got the space going order this for my S6 Edge: http://www.amazon.co.uk/SAVFY-Ga ... 6+edge+battery+case
2016-3-20
Use props
Davidaw
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Excellent!  If you have anything up to an phone 6 the case shouldn't have any problem fitting in.
2016-3-20
Use props
RegDawg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 54091 ft
United States

I just orderd my osmo but anyone know if a Samsung Galaxy Note will fit in the phone holder? With or without a case?
2016-3-21
Use props
Solitaire
lvl.4
Australia

RegDawg Posted at 2016-3-22 03:31
I just orderd my osmo but anyone know if a Samsung Galaxy Note will fit in the phone holder? With or ...

It fits - quite snugly with a case though.
2016-3-23
Use props
joshbabbitt
New

United States

Solitaire Posted at 2016-3-23 04:02
It fits - quite snugly with a case though.

Another way to go is to pick up a cheap iPod Touch.  Looks like an iphone, minus the phone part.  Works great for this device.
2016-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules