Props in view
1168 18 2016-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hawks100
lvl.4
Flight distance : 134580 ft
United Kingdom

I've watched as many P4 videos as i can on this forum.
Why is it that the Right prop is in view only on most videos.
I thought mounting the motors above the arms was ment to stop this according to all the DJI hype....
2016-3-19
Use props
mark.mwilliams7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1235738 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

Props will be in view if you use sport mode as the P4 is tipped at an aggressive angle other wise there out of view on mine
2016-3-19
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
United Kingdom

It's just the Right prop I see most.Dont tell me that they are banking the same way in all the videos I've watched
2016-3-19
Use props
cwhobbies
lvl.3

United States

It depends on the camera angel also, if you have it pointed way up it'll get the props. Also depends on how windy it is.
The props in the video's don't bother me, my opinion.
2016-3-19
Use props
mark.mwilliams7
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2016-3-19 16:04
Please, then, Sine everyone is 'obviously' posting videos in sport mode only.   Why don't you post ...

Ok will do I took a flight last night I will up load it in a bit
2016-3-19
Use props
MattG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 127133 ft
United Kingdom

I've found that if it's windy, the props are more likely to be in view as the drone leans further to fight against it. They're generally only in view if you're going full speed too.
2016-3-19
Use props
mark.mwilliams7
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi

heres my flight from last night, coming over the field i was full stick in P mode with forward sensors on max speed 20mph

2016-3-19
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Here is direct from camera facing directly forwards @ 4k going 3/4 speed in Sports mode.. It can be done. I think the vidos you see are from people that are not bothered about the props and don't fly in a way to avoid them. Its not to say that everyone's video will be like that.

2016-3-19
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I know to angle the Camera down a bit to avoid props in view, but most of them seemed to just show the Right prop in view. I wasn't sure if it was a Gimble issue...
2016-3-19
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft
United States

Yeah, I've done lots and lots of tests and they only come in view if you are speeding! And mean fast.

They whole wing will come in view in sport mode and the blades will still come in view at full throttle but it takes more throttle now to get blades than it did with the P3 by a long shot in P mode. You need the right conditions, etc and be going FULL speed. It's not the same.

If I were shooting, I would make the max throttle lower.
2016-3-19
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
United States

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2016-3-19 09:04
Please, then, Sine everyone is 'obviously' posting videos in sport mode only.   Why don't you post ...

If you go full speed in P mode, you're gonna see blades. Simple as that.  But as you can see on that video above, if the conditions are right, and you don't need to fight wind, you can go full and not see the blades at all. I would say it's harder to get blades in view than the P3 but not full proof by any stretch.

But like I said above, it's harder than it was with the P3.
2016-3-19
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
United Kingdom

That was ment to be a selling point for the P4.
2016-3-19
Use props
kjmarsola
lvl.3
United States

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2016-3-19 17:20
Sooooo, what you're saying is, that having those ridiculous looking motors standing 4 feet off the ...

Almost all video's with props in frame are either flown at full speed, or with the camera pointed straight out at 90  deg.  I don't understand why people shoot straight ahead, the sky isn't that interesting, unless you are trying to get an nice sunset shot.
Go back and look at videos with props, and you will see a lot of sky.
Unless you absolutely have to shoot at 90 deg, lower your camera angle slightly, and props are gone !!!
2016-3-19
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2016-3-20 05:20
Sooooo, what you're saying is, that having those ridiculous looking motors standing 4 feet off the ...

Ha. What I am saying is that it is definitely still possible to get the blades in the view of the camera under the right conditions.  Nobody is really recording in Sports mode and in P mode, it depends on the conditions. As someone earlier rightfully said, depends on the conditions. If there is 5mph winds or so or below (and that was an arbitrary number I just said) you could floor it and not get blades, but if you're fighting 10mph winds, it's gotta dig in deeper, you might get the blades in the shot.

Not ideal, but to me worth the trade off on the better flying (don't forget you get smoother flying, much smoother) with the motors higher. It feels a little more like you're flying a miniature Inspire.  

Not really sure why they didn't just design the legs so they are wide. I actually prefer the rotating bird for pans over the mechanical spinning camera and even with my Inspire, I'll pan by rotating the bird.

Anyhow, yeah you can still get blades in the shot, even in P mode, but it's loads better than the P3 in terms of how easy it is to do.  There was never a time on the P3 that if you floored it, you wouldn't get blades in shot.

What I've begun to do based on that days wind conditions is change the levels at full throttle so that I don't even have to think about it or ruin a take by accident.

I hope this makes you happy because, well, don't beat me up, cool? {:3_63:}
2016-3-19
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2016-3-20 08:01
What makes you think I want to beat anyone up.  I just look like I'm mean.

I don't think that.  Just being silly.
Thay was the weirdest timing. I was renamig the thread that that other user told me to change it to the second you sent that message.

One had nothing to do with the other.
2016-3-19
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2016-3-20 05:20

Looks weird?

The P4 looks like a work of art. I don't know why but it looks SOOO much better in person than it does in Photographs or video.

It's a work of art unto itself.
2016-3-21
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4

mark.mwilliams7 Posted at 2016-3-20 00:39
Hi

heres my flight from last night, coming over the field i was full stick in P mode with forward s ...

Damn, I need to move to the UK so I can fly my birds.

I feel like I never fly anymore because thee is nowhere to fly in LA anymore.  And then there was that LAX BS, and now I'm afraid to even carry one of my transmitters.

It's beyond frustrating as I need to practice flying and I don't even know where to go.

I need to find a perfect spot.
2016-3-21
Use props
mark.mwilliams7
lvl.3
United Kingdom

ArtistFirst Posted at 2016-3-21 10:07
Damn, I need to move to the UK so I can fly my birds.

I feel like I never fly anymore because the ...

Yep plenty of good field around here, weather is not always good!

here is yesterdays flight lenham Uk

2016-3-21
Use props
stussyredhat
lvl.1

United States

I have only noticed the props in view when flying in high cross winds. I was seeing them today in left going out and in the right when returning.
2016-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules