RTH button broken
1123 5 2016-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MattG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 127133 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all,I bought a DJI Phantom 3 through Amazon UK towards the end of January, and a couple of weeks ago I noticed that the RTH button has somehow been pushed too far into the RC. I don't remember it ever being any different, but after comparing it to a friend's RC, it's clear to see that it's broken. I can hear things rattling around within the RC; the RTH button is still functional, but I'm worried it will deteriorate, and it could get costly...

I emailed DJI with my concerns, and I got a standardised reply saying that I should send it to the Netherlands for inspection. Basically, I'm wondering if this is safe to do, as I don't want it to go missing, and it seems to be a computer interacting with me thus far?

I don't even know if I have a warranty as I bought it through Amazon - how can I check? Would a repair to the RC be included in the warranty, or would I have to pay?

Just getting a little worried and the DJI Support so far hasn't been personal in the slightest.

Many thanks,
Matt

2016-3-19
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi Matt! Thanks for bringing it here! Right now our repair turnaround time is 2 weeks. You can send it in. You also have the warranty even though you got it from amazon, you will just have to provide them the purchase proof
2016-3-20
Use props
MattG
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-21 07:48
Hi Matt! Thanks for bringing it here! Right now our repair turnaround time is 2 weeks. You can send  ...

That's great, thanks so much for your help, Tim. Do you know how long my warranty is good for? Is this a common problem with the RC?

Cheers!
2016-3-27
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

usually there are no issues with RC, as i remember warranty for aircraft and RC is valid during 1 year after purchase
2016-3-27
Use props
MattG
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-28 04:27
usually there are no issues with RC, as i remember warranty for aircraft and RC is valid during 1 ye ...

Thanks for this. Glad to get some reassurance as the support email didn't really fill me with confidence! Just hope it doesn't go missing or anything and it gets back to me safely.
2016-3-28
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

MattG Posted at 2016-3-28 23:00
Thanks for this. Glad to get some reassurance as the support email didn't really fill me with conf ...

Everything is going to be alright! If you have any issues with that, please just let me know
2016-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules