6541 22 2016-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hkotas
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69518 ft
Czechia

Hi,

I have a brand new Phantom 4 and the RC seems to have a problem... Once it came I updated the phantom and the RC both are now on the latest firmware.

Problem is that when I push the right stick back it does not work (I can't take off). Tried it in the simulator and it just doesn't work.

So I went to the calibration menu and there I can see that when I push the right stick to the left and right it works OK. But when doing it to front and back it is strange. The front direction seems to be working but the values are "jumping". When doing it to the back, it is completely bad. It works up to 5% of where you can push the stick, but if you push it completely to the back position, you can see values for the front (WTF?).

Do you think it could be firmware problem? Is there a way how to do a factory reset of the controller? I wanted to just re-install the firmware but that is not possible, I found on the formus some 4buttons startup of the controller, where it should be possible to re-install the firmware, but that also does not work.

Thanks for any help
2016-3-19
Use props
ardian
lvl.3
Flight distance : 455197 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same issues here,just downloaded firmware 15 min ago,once i took it out to fly right stick is barely responding.....
2016-3-19
Use props
dlongcamp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>

did you try a rc calibration?
2016-3-19
Use props
hkotas
lvl.1
Czechia

Sure I did
2016-3-19
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117343 ft
United Kingdom

Might be worth clearing the cache on the app then uninstall / reinstalling the  app. Think this is what I would do...
2016-3-19
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft
United States

Maybe relink the RC?  
2016-3-19
Use props
hkotas
lvl.1
Czechia

sinbad_uk@ntlwo Posted at 2016-3-19 21:24
Might be worth clearing the cache on the app then uninstall / reinstalling the  app. Think this is w ...

Did that, tried it also on multiple devices. iPad, iPhone, also two Android phones, always the same
2016-3-19
Use props
hkotas
lvl.1
Czechia

Tried this too:-/
2016-3-19
Use props
hkotas
lvl.1
Czechia

Tried this too:-/
2016-3-19
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
United Kingdom

You have eliminated the app so I think the issue is either the firmware on rc or  P4. You probably need to roll back firmware then reapply the latest.
2016-3-19
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Page 62 of the P4 user manual for instructions on how to select firmware version...
2016-3-19
Use props
Rob_stal
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1243038 ft
Australia

Have you tried in ATTI mode?
2016-3-19
Use props
Rob_stal
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1243038 ft
Australia

May be collision avoidance causing the problem, if so ATTI mode will confirm this and CA calibration may fix it . (I haven't done it yet, but have seen the option in the assistant APP)
2016-3-19
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft

Bummer. I don't know dude.  That's the only idea I could come up with.  I've actually been thinking about it too.

Every time I write "it too" and I'm typing on my computer I write "tit" and have to fix it.

Back on tack, you see this is where I know little.  People think I am a know it all but in the area of hardware, I have some trouble figuring out things unless I am there.

There are some highly intelligent people on this forum that can help you but if I'm being completely honest, for the RC part of our hobby, you will find the most knowledge people at RC Groups.

I have found this to be the place to come for artistry advice but if you want to know about hardware, go to RC Groups, set up an account and under the forum "Multi-Rotor Talk" introduce yourself and post a question and I bet someone comes up with an answer.  Hopefully one that you'll like.

Under the Multi-Rotor forum, go to the "**P4 Owners Thread***"

Its not visually, the easiest site to follow and they have about 50 categories but if you want to know about how to set up your cameras and firmware, come here, but if you want to get in to nuts and bolts, RCGroups by a long shot.  There are a lot of builders there.

Good luck!
2016-3-19
Use props
Mad_Angler1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Of your stitck is not working correctly calibrate the RC, if it does not show correct movement you will need to contact DJI support
2016-3-19
Use props
hkotas
lvl.1
Czechia

Mad_Angler1 Posted at 2016-3-20 01:31
Of your stitck is not working correctly calibrate the RC, if it does not show correct movement you w ...

Yes, I think I willl have to do that...:-/

I am like 99% sure that it is not in the Phantom but it is in the RC... If the drone is not connected and I try to calibrate the sticks it is still working bad the right stick...

What I wanted to try is to somehow install the firmware again, but I don't know how to do that since the app is saying me that I have the latest firmware, is there a factory reset for the RC?
2016-3-19
Use props
fortunatomontan
lvl.2

Italy

same problem after updating rc I have more video How can we do to get back the previous alla.versione of the rc firmware?
2016-3-20
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Page 62 of the User Manual it explains how to do the firmware.

[size=16.6667px]Firmwares Update
Use DJI Assistant 2 or DJI GO app to update aircraft and remote controller.
Follow the instructions below to update the firmware through DJI Assistant 2:

• Connect the aircraft to a computer with a USB cable.
  • Launch DJI Assistant 2 and login with your DJI account.
  • Select “Phantom 4” and click on the “Firmware Updates” on the left panel.
  • Select the firmware version that you wish to update.
  • Wait for the firmware to be downloaded and firmware update will start automatically.
  • Reboot the aircraft after the firmware update is complete.

2016-3-20
Use props
hkotas
lvl.1
Czechia

sinbad_uk@ntlwo Posted at 2016-3-20 09:34
Page 62 of the User Manual it explains how to do the firmware.

Firmwares Update

You are probably not reading what we write here, because what you are suggesting is about the Phantom not the RC.. The RC can't be updated with computer
2016-3-20
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
United Kingdom

hkotas@mac.com Posted at 2016-3-20 11:15
You are probably not reading what we write here, because what you are suggesting is about the Phan ...

Use DJI Assistant 2 or DJI GO app to update aircraft and remote controller.
2016-3-21
Use props
Calligeros
New

South Africa

Have you tried downgrading the RC software. I was having issues with the latest upgrade 1.80. Perhaps downgrade to 1.60 or 1.58 and see if this helps...
2016-11-17
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

I am very confusded, I guess.  You say when you pull the RIGHT stick back, it won't take off.  Is your r/c in mode 2?  If so, then you need to push the LEFT stick up to take off.  Pulling the right stick back will make the Phantom tip over if it is on the ground when you do it.  Sorry if I read your post wrong,  but I am very confused by this problem you are having.
2016-11-17
Use props
imd13thjamesyahoo.com
New

Philippines

I have had the same problem. Right stick keeps moving to right even without touching it. I have Mode 3 on my RC then it keeps spinning to the right. Then decided to do these steps:
1) Wiped out the cache.
2) Uninstalled the App on my iPad and Installed again.
3) Re calibrated the P4 drone via PC DJI Assistant 2 for Phantom
4) Re calibrated the RC.

Works! My RC now works fine like brand new.
2020-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules