P4 Gimbal malfunction
1050 3 2016-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mikeverwoerd
lvl.1

Hi everybody!

I've recently bought the new DJI phantom 4 and i was flying when suddenly my gimbal malfunctioned mid air. After landing and giving it a reset the gimbal started working again.
A day later i decided to started the DJI indoors to see what's wrong. I heard this ticking noise from inside the copter, and the gimbal didn't work or move while starting  up. The sounds can be explained like a short circuit, which was only be present at warming up.
Been so excited to finally fly this and therefor it's so bad it malfunctioned on the second flight already.

Anyone can relate the problem?

2016-3-19
Use props
jwatt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 427867 ft
  • >>>
United States

We've had a similar problem with our gimbal.  Twice now mid flight, in our first 15 flights with the P4 the gimbal has stopped functioning... Seems primarily the lateral horizontal axis.  Gimbal still points camera forward (not limp at ground) but when bank left or right, gimbal is ineffective.  Battery levels above 50% on aircraft and rc.

Has occurred once in P mode, in course lock and once in ATTI mode.  Both times able to land, shut down bird, controller and tablet. Restart and all was just fine.

Anyone know what's causing this gimbal behavior.  
2016-3-20
Use props
mikeverwoerd
lvl.1

So today i charged it back to 100% and the gimbal worked at the start. I flew for 25% battery and put it bag in the case.
Later today i set it back up and tried flying again. But the gimbal malfunctioned from the start. A reboot didn't help this time to fix this.

I've send DJI an e-mail. Waiting for them to reply
2016-3-20
Use props
mikeverwoerd
lvl.1

jwatt@bennett-w Posted at 2016-3-20 22:35
We've had a similar problem with our gimbal.  Twice now mid flight, in our first 15 flights with the ...

Does your gimbal work again every time you fully charge it? i'm charging my battery right now and i'll take it out for a test later tonight.
2016-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules