o(^-^)o
Daroga
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

metalbits Posted at 2017-4-1 08:50
Hi terry
i have a spare controller locked in slave mode . i lent it to a friend and now i cant return it to normal so i can slave it up with my controls again , i have tried the 3/4 button reset but to no avail .... please help , upon reset trying the led blinkd twice red then too that slave clour led ,, running out  of patience . many thanks

Can you connect it and determine the firmware version? And perhaps GO App version using the About menu in the GO App...

When you say "locked in slave mode" can you describe the symptoms - in other words, it won't allow you to select it as a master?
2017-4-1
Use props
metalbits
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1414593 ft
United Kingdom

hi and thanks , im afraid i cant tell you any info and it states its dsconnetcted . the pink/purple light , i turn it on and the controls led blinks red twice and then turns purple . i lent it to a friend and he put it in slave mode for his i1 and then returned it . ive tried the 3/4 reset trick and also tried putting firmware on a usb stick still no joy
2017-4-2
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

metalbits Posted at 2017-4-2 02:06
hi and thanks , im afraid i cant tell you any info and it states its dsconnetcted . the pink/purple light , i turn it on and the controls led blinks red twice and then turns purple . i lent it to a friend and he put it in slave mode for his i1 and then returned it . ive tried the 3/4 reset trick and also tried putting firmware on a usb stick still no joy

Do you have any idea what FW is currently on the RC, If it is before 1.6 you can use my link and try to load it via the thumb drive .  You can ONLY use special files for the RC.  Try the 1.6 file in my link and follow the directions to the letter . Once you load the 1.6 you can. usually update via the GO app and Internet connection  to the latest 1.7.  

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;extra=#pid364631
donnie
2017-4-2
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

metalbits Posted at 2017-4-1 08:50
Hi terry
i have a spare controller locked in slave mode . i lent it to a friend and now i cant return it to normal so i can slave it up with my controls again , i have tried the 3/4 button reset but to no avail .... please help , upon reset trying the led blinkd twice red then too that slave clour led ,, running out  of patience . many thanks

Also make sure you are going to the"Remote control settings" on go app  and changing from  the Slave Mode to the Master, ( when you say its locked you mean you can't change the setting from slave to master ?)  if you are not able to even see this page of options then you may have  a bad HDMI part #94 on back of the RC or a bad cable from the Go app to the RC.  
The purplish light indicates it is in slave Mode .  

Let me know

donnie
2017-4-2
Use props
Daroga
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

metalbits Posted at 2017-4-2 02:06

Metalbits,

As Donnie suggests, we need to know some additional info...

1) Leave Aircraft OFF
2) Leave Master RC OFF
3) Connect USB cable to Slave and your Mobile device (and tell us what you're using [Android or iOS] an the GO App version...
4) Turn Slave RC ON & launch the GO App.
5) Ensure the correct Inspire Model is selected and launch the main Equipment screen.
6) On this screen there's a Graduation Cap icon in the upper corner [The Academy icon].
7) Press and hold this icon for at least 10 seconds.... (seems like forever) and the RC firmware upgrade/downgrade page should appear. If it doesn't appear hold the Graduation Cap longer ;-) -> It will look somewhat like this screenshot:
RC_FW_Status.png
8) Tell us what RC version it shows. Don't worry about it saying disconnected - it should say disconnected.
9) In the GO App, select General Settings and scroll to the bottom.... Select About. What does it show?
10) In the GO App, select Remote Controller Setting and either take a screenshot or post what you see here. It should look like this:
Slave.png
The slave RC should communicate with the GO App when only the slave RC is powered on. The RC leds you are seeing are normal  for your situation.
If we can get this far, then let us know and we then get your firmware synced to the correct versions and then link your slave to the master...

Good luck,
    Terry
2017-4-2
Use props
metalbits
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1414593 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks Gents but im sending it off to dji ! all it says is what i put earlier , its disconnected , ive used various platforms and leads , still no go , have put new firmware on usb stick still no go have gien up both my mate and i have treid everything we can ,,, we cant see the above screens as its not letting me its just not there , i can see it on my master . not slave
dji here it comes
2017-4-4
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

metalbits Posted at 2017-4-4 09:25
Thanks Gents but im sending it off to dji ! all it says is what i put earlier , its disconnected , ive used various platforms and leads , still no go , have put new firmware on usb stick still no go have gien up both my mate and i have treid everything we can ,,, we cant see the above screens as its not letting me its just not there , i can see it on my master . not slave
dji here it comes

I will go with a bad HDMI module on back of the RC Transmitter as the culprit .

donnie
2017-4-4
Use props
Uwvid
lvl.1

Norway

Puttmaster Posted at 2016-8-18 05:57
If you have a bricked controller and people are telling you it is the USB port, it is not. It is actually the HD video downlink board that needs replaced. This is literally a 2 minute fix. It is a bummer DJI will not supply these on their website, but they are out there online elsewhere.

Is there anyway to check the downlink for failure? DJI support tells me the HD video downlink likely is faulty in my controllers and wants me to send them in. I could easily change them myself.
2017-9-22
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

Uwvid Posted at 2017-9-22 14:30
Is there anyway to check the downlink for failure? DJI support tells me the HD video downlink likely is faulty in my controllers and wants me to send them in. I could easily change them myself.

You mean on the Aircraft or to be more exact it is on the 'encoder "  that would be inside the  camera if you have No live video and you are current on all updates and go app .

What  challenge are you having specificly ?

donnie  
2017-9-23
Use props
Uwvid
lvl.1

Norway

Donnie * Posted at 2017-9-23 04:03
You mean on the Aircraft or to be more exact it is on the 'encoder "  that would be inside the  camera if you have No live video and you are current on all updates and go app .

What  challenge are you having specificly ?

No on the remote controller (RC).
Aircraft (AC) is updated to 1.11, but RCs bricked after I updated the AC firmware. One RC was still connected while upgrading AC, by mistake.

When I manually link RC & AC, the RCs go from red to "Red/green fast blinking". AC blinks yellow.
Left stick on RC moves the camera gimbal slightly. If I press shutter button, a video file is saved on SD card. No other input works, no control of AC.DJI GO says "Disconnected"

I thought at first the HDMI module might be down, but RC will charge android devices that are connected via USB.

DJI Support says it seems like the "HD video Downlink module" (inside the white cover itself) is disrupted. They want me to send both controllers in for repair.
2017-9-23
Use props
Uwvid
lvl.1

Norway

Update :
I bought a HDMI Output module, which also includes the HD downlink. Replaced the module on the master RC and now it works. I connected to DJI GO without issue and upgrade the firmware on RC. Due to high winds I haven't done a lot of testing, but looks like everything works.

Slave RC is still bricked and for now I'll make due with only the master. I'm afraid I'll jinx it if I mess around, now that everything works.
2017-9-28
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Job well done, Uwvid
2017-9-28
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

Uwvid Posted at 2017-9-28 11:11
Update :
I bought a HDMI Output module, which also includes the HD downlink. Replaced the module on the master RC and now it works. I connected to DJI GO without issue and upgrade the firmware on RC. Due to high winds I haven't done a lot of testing, but looks like everything works.

Glad you have at least the Master up and running .
I would make sure that  you are using good quality cables from the RC to the Go app device . Perhaps one of the tips is bent damaging the Port on back of the RC Transmitter's .  It is ODD that both would fail at the same time .  

donnie
2017-9-29
Use props
Uwvid
lvl.1

Norway

Donnie * Posted at 2017-9-29 04:31
Glad you have at least the Master up and running .
I would make sure that  you are using good quality cables from the RC to the Go app device . Perhaps one of the tips is bent damaging the Port on back of the RC Transmitter's .  It is ODD that both would fail at the same time .  

It is odd.
I figure the previous owner bricked the slave and just left it. I probably bricked the master RC when I upgraded firmware out of sync.
The manual clearly states that RC needs to be off when upgrading AC, that's on me. Still, it's odd that a "simple" mistake can brick such expensive equipment.
2017-9-29
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

Uwvid Posted at 2017-9-29 05:57
It is odd.
I figure the previous owner bricked the slave and just left it. I probably bricked the master RC when I upgraded firmware out of sync.
The manual clearly states that RC needs to be off when upgrading AC, that's on me. Still, it's odd that a "simple" mistake can brick such expensive equipment.

Going out of sequence wont necessarily brick the RC, I have seen many get updated out of order and it usually will cause the AC to get stuck in travel mode.  The HDMI /USB  on the Back  is damaged by a power surge in my opinion or using a cable that is not of high quality and does not have the Proper resistance that is needed.  I cant prove that but it seems like there is a correlation .

Good luck with the slave .

donnie
2017-9-29
Use props
Tutay
lvl.1
New Zealand

terrylewis Posted at 2016-3-20 11:32
marc,
  the gs_ofmd.bin was created at v1.2.0.17 and if you used it, then as Donnie states, you may need to try the v1.3.0.00 Firmware. Currently the GO App downloads the v1.5.8 RC firmware from THIS LINK....., so it's NOT in the aircraft firmware anymore. For the Android, the GO App stages it in the DJI/dji.pilot/Package folder. You may want to look there and see if your GO App still has the package staged for download...

I have the same problem but mine it didnt fix the problem. when I did the  reset nothing happen the light on the remote turn to blue and the remote has the continuous beeping while the lights goes on and off.
I have inspire 1 v1. and  Did all the steps. please help thank you.
2017-11-6
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

Tutay Posted at 2017-11-6 22:19
I have the same problem but mine it didnt fix the problem. when I did the  reset nothing happen the light on the remote turn to blue and the remote has the continuous beeping while the lights goes on and off.
I have inspire 1 v1. and  Did all the steps. please help thank you.

What update are you currently on .  A blue light indicates a failed update or interrupted update on the RC transmitter .  if it is on on of the older  ( before or at 1.6 ) FW you can try to update via a thumb drive , but if past 1.6 it may be trouble.  You could also try to rollback the FW on the RC and  then update.  I will leave a link and a video , one is to update via thumb drive ,( if before 1.6)the other is to rollback the FW on the RC and then try to update again.
RC update via Thumb drive for version RC 1.2 OR  Blue Light onRC
donnie

2017-11-7
Use props
fansb1657ea4
New
United Kingdom

Hi All,

So I had the same problem and tried a few of the solutions. DJI offered a solution that involved downgrading the FW. The problem was that the RC would disconnect itself and the FW downgrade would fail. I tried restarting the RC and deleting the app etc. Nothing worked.

I tried using the Terry Lewis method by downgrading the FW to  v1.3.0.00 Firmware. this did nothing.  The v1.5.8 RC firmware from the link in his post did get on to the RC but it still wouldn't update to the latest FW, disconnecting all the time. So this is what I did after accepting that version (v1.5.8) :

The RC would disconnect, so I would leave the app open (with the update page still open) and simply turn the RC off and then on. Remove the cable from the mobile device and then plug it in (so you get the charging sound) and I did this a couple of times (also, clicking refresh update or start upgrade) and it seemed to push through and finally accept the update. All working fine now.

Phillip
2018-2-6
Use props
djiuser_6gggTld4OF4I
lvl.1
Flight distance : 591 ft

Ghana

Emagine Posted at 2016-4-5 04:32
Hi guys. I was having a similar problem and used this thread to fix it.
I downloaded the 1.5.8 firmware mentioned above in TerryLewis' post and copied it to a USB thumb drive.
Put this in the back of my non responding RC

Please help me fix my inspire 1, i tried to update but update failed and it's stuck. Please what do I do?
2019-7-31
Use props
djiuser_6gggTld4OF4I
lvl.1

Ghana

How do I delete redundant file on my gimbal? I tried updating my inspire 1 but failed on the way. My results is below in the picture.
2019-7-31
Use props
djiuser_6gggTld4OF4I
lvl.1

Ghana

Uwvid Posted at 2017-9-23 06:27
No on the remote controller (RC).
Aircraft (AC) is updated to 1.11, but RCs bricked after I updated the AC firmware. One RC was still connected while upgrading AC, by mistake.

I have the same issue, I want to know how you solved yours.
2019-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules