I had a prop go flying! Yikes.
598 0 2016-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft

One of the first times I flew my Inspire (The V1), I had this same thinng happen.  This was on my P4.

I put on the props.  I ALWAYS in my pre-check make sure the prop are on right (or what I think is right) and for the P4, I use the method of holding the motor and if there is resistance, I assume they are locked in.

I did thay but I was wrong and I did something wrong when installing the props because when I turned the motors on one prop just flew up in the air about 50 feet away.  Luckily I had yey to left off because it was my first flight of the day and I always give the IMU a minute to warm up on the first flight. I would not have gotten far had I tried to take off but still, what could I have done wrong?

What's yall's methods for putting on your props because clearly I am not doing someting right and I own (although rarely fly) an Inspire but have never once had that happen. I've never had anything like that happen on any UAS I own.  It scared the crap out of me like "yeah, you can crash too" sort of went through my mind as I put it back on.

Almost like when a skier gets back up and skies right away after a nasty fall to not be scared, I felt I had to do that because I fly over neighbiorhoods because I don't have a lot of choices if I want to fly even once a week if not and I don't want to hurt anyone and that's my biggest concern while flying.

WHAT THE HELL happened to my prop?  I guess I know what the answers will be but why did it seem tight and yet fly off?
2016-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules