How to make foam case into hardshell case?
1811 10 2016-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bertrandsconstr
New

United States

As many of you already know, the Phantom 4 comes with a great foam case to carry it around.  I am wondering what the best way is to make it into a hard shell case?  Can it be coated with a fiberglass gel-coat?  What are the options to make it a little more durable?  I think there is a lot of potential.

Thanks,
Nick
2016-3-19
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

This was posted yesterday...
http://forum.dji.com/thread-45652-1-1.html
2016-3-19
Use props
bertrandsconstr
New

United States

Awesome, sorry I missed that one.  Wonder if there are any other, stronger options?
2016-3-19
Use props
bertrandsconstr
New

United States

One more bump to the top of the list to see if anyone else has any thoughts on this?  I might have to goto the hardware store and see what I can find.
2016-3-20
Use props
sidtx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266729 ft
United States

PlastiDip is a great idea.    It's very durable.  One of my kids has plastidiped part of their car (emblems & Wheels).   It's lasted 2 years and thousands of miles now without any signs of degradation.

Sid
2016-3-20
Use props
Goofynick6
New

United States

I was doing some researching.  It seems that doing 3 coats of a PVA glue (like regular old wood glue) will give it a nice coating.  Then it can be coated with either a paint or some type of polyurethane coating and a gloss coating after that maybe?  Need to do some experimenting.
2016-3-20
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

sidtx Posted at 2016-3-20 10:31
PlastiDip is a great idea.    It's very durable.  One of my kids has plastidiped part of their car ( ...

I use plasti dip on everything I even did the bottom of my sock and silverware handles.
2016-3-20
Use props
boxerman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

You could cover it with styrofoam.
2016-3-21
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-3-20 11:02
I use plasti dip on everything I even did the bottom of my sock and silverware handles.

Bottom of socks.  Hmmm.  That's better than just wearing the socks until they get so crusty that they are tough as leather.
2016-3-21
Use props
Jkeller84
Second Officer
Flight distance : 396955 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can say that so far the Plasti-Dip has help up really well over my weekend travels. This is just temporary until I get a more permanent solution.
2016-3-21
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-3-21 17:43
Bottom of socks.  Hmmm.  That's better than just wearing the socks until they get so crusty that t ...

Just the heel, it keeps you from slipping on hardwood floors.
2016-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules