2789 9 2016-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nightingale
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44301 ft
Netherlands

Hi,
I just bought myself an vision plus with a broken gimbal (ribbon failure I guess) so I took the whole think off. Is it possible to connect to the vision plus without the gimbal attached. I think I only see the wifi of the extender now and don't know if I'm connected to the actual phantom. If I open the vision app I get and error that one phantom is not connected. I sometimes see the extender battery procentage but not the battery status of the phantom etc etc.

How can I get it to work?

Thanks!

Gideon
2016-3-19
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Are you sure you are plugged into the correct port on the Phantom? It is the port under the little flap..

Check out here for some useful readings, it might help..
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus/info#downloads

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 81&page=1#pid251592

and here...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mv8d1h ... ry%20Guide.pdf?dl=0
2016-3-20
Use props
Nightingale
lvl.2
Netherlands

@Northofthe49th thanks. I know how to connect the P2V+ with usb to my computer and manage it with the dji software. The thing is that I removed my gimbal and was wondering if I still can connect my phantom to my iPhone using the vision app. I bought the phantom like this. And can't seem the connect. I see en connect to the wifi extender, it's binded with the phantom but don't see any metrics,... Not gps, battery status etc etc. wondered if this has something to do with the removal of the gimbal or its just a p2v+ problem?
2016-3-20
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Nightingale Posted at 2016-3-21 04:55
@Northofthe49th thanks. I know how to connect the P2V+ with usb to my computer and manage it with th ...

Besides the compass there are two wires tethered down the legs of the phantom,
Are they still there?
I cannot say for sure if any of the other data is somehow transmitted via the camera but to some degree does make sense as the camera image comes with all the other data...There may be some damage internally so i cannot say for sure. Check the cables that would have had to come out of the gimbal to make sure their ends are still intact..and again, depending how the damage occurred, maybe something internal is still ajar?
2016-3-20
Use props
Nightingale
lvl.2
Netherlands

@Northofthe49th Thanks. I found this:  http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... .63823/#post-636498

It seems that we have to reroute a cable in order to get metrics back to the wifi module. It looks like a simple procedure. I will try it this afternoon.
2016-3-21
Use props
Nightingale
lvl.2
Netherlands

I finally know how it works. If you have a broken gimbal and want to remove the whole thing this is what to do. Remove the gimbal.
Open up your p2v+. This is how it looks on the inside with all the cables etc.

Then remove the cables according the way told in this image. You can discard the thing about the H3-3D gimbal.

What your basically doing is reroute the 6pin cable from the wifi module to the cam port. As shown on this picture.

Now you should have metering etc. Wierd thing is thou it only works within the android vision app version,.... :-(

Hope people that had the same problems as me are being helped by this!

Gideon
2016-3-21
Use props
quanthonytrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Nightingale Posted at 2016-3-22 03:36
I finally know how it works. If you have a broken gimbal and want to remove the whole thing this is  ...

That's correct.
All you are doing is giving the wifi module power.
Out of the 3 cables, the 2 widest cables coming down from the Phantom to the gimbal board acts as a bridge  to power up the wifi module.
2016-3-21
Use props
kontact
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8679751 ft
United States

Nightingale Posted at 2016-3-21 09:36
I finally know how it works. If you have a broken gimbal and want to remove the whole thing this is  ...

Great Nightingale
This what I was looking for. I'm planning on picking up a used P2vision+ and it is with out the gimbal & camera. But all I'm looking for is the telemetry
2016-3-22
Use props
Nightingale
lvl.2
Netherlands

Glad I could help! @Kontakt
2016-3-22
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

With no camera to get telementry :
And in regards to internal wiring, its very simple provided you can open her up.
Look for the wifi module - its a rectangular metal box. On the wifi module is 3 cables. Find the widest cable and leave that plugged in and take the other end and plug it into the CAM port on the main board (unplug the existing cable that is in the CAM port). This will power the module and give you telemetry and radar, enough for data for flying. This works with android.
2016-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules