Is it safe to update OSMO?
746 9 2016-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
valealvarez.s96
lvl.3
Argentina

I don't want to brick my osmo, i succesfully passed the 25dec update luckily. But i don't want to be one of those osmo users that get things bricked.
Is it safe? Did anyone got something wrong after the update? I dont have warranty because i bought it in another country and because of politics in my country it won't be easy to send for a repair so.. Total damage for me
2016-3-20
Use props
DaveK
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Worked OK for me!
2016-3-20
Use props
robind_r
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Good for me as well. I downloaded the update to my PC desktop and then dragged to .bin file to the microSD card, inserted it into the Osmo, switched it on, and it all went as smoothly as it should do.
Really pleased with the update too!
2016-3-20
Use props
rodAndTheCat
Second Officer

New Zealand

Be brave my hearty and do it.  Use the SD card method and follow the instructions.  Works fine for me (even the cat is pleased!)

Don't forget to re format your card after shutting down successfully otherwise it may try to go through the whole process again.
Rod and the cat
2016-3-20
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.3
Argentina

rodAndTheCat Posted at 2016-3-20 23:23
Be brave my hearty and do it.  Use the SD card method and follow the instructions.  Works fine for m ...

Thanks cat, i really apreciete it
2016-3-20
Use props
rodAndTheCat
Second Officer

New Zealand

valealvarez.s96 Posted at 2016-3-21 16:21

Your'e welcolme- hope all goes well.

Rod and the cat
2016-3-20
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Quite positive up to now.
2016-3-20
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

rodAndTheCat Posted at 2016-3-21 10:23
Be brave my hearty and do it.  Use the SD card method and follow the instructions.  Works fine for m ...

Thanks, cat!
2016-3-20
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

valealvarez.s96 Posted at 2016-3-21 11:21

This version seems to be a big improvement, I would update,l did the same (dodge a bullet!!) on the 25th Dec update via the app, this update the app doesn't work for some but the sd card works fine, the only problem is the FW version shows 19+ but don't worry about it,it will be fixed in a later update,I just keep all the update logs/files in a dated folder on my pc
2016-3-21
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.3
Argentina

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-3-21 19:02
This version seems to be a big improvement, I would update,l did the same (dodge a bullet!!) on th ...

Thanks man i will update my osmo, i have the older firmwares downloaded on my pc just in case
2016-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules