A2 LED Indicator only flashes red
3592 18 2016-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skyveyor
New

United States

[size=14.6667px]Hello,

[size=14.6667px]I am trying to figure out what is wrong with my Spreading Wings 900 with an A2 flight controller. Here are the signs and symptoms:

[size=14.6667px]Startup light sequence incorrect - only flashes red.
[size=14.6667px]LED indicator light doesn't change with mode changes.
[size=14.6667px]Won't go into compass calibration mode.

[size=14.6667px]Here is what I know.
[size=14.6667px]IMU calibration is good.
[size=14.6667px]TX is linked to the receiver with good link indication light
[size=14.6667px]All components are upgraded with the latest firmware.
[size=14.6667px]Mode switched is mapped properly. (GPS Atti, Atti, & ATTi or Manual are highlighted blue with mode changes)

[size=14.6667px]I haven't seen any color other than red on the LED. It's not continuous, it flashes. As I type it's flashing twice, which is probably indicating the number of satellites in view (I am inside).

[size=14.6667px]Been searching for solutions for days.

[size=14.6667px]I am hopeful you guys can help me identify the problem.

[size=14.6667px]Thanks so much,
[size=14.6667px]Dave
2016-3-20
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

How did this start?  Did it happen after the update?  I saw someone that experienced the same issue.  If everything was working before updating I would suggest downgrading.  
2016-3-21
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

I would also try backing up the config and resetting everything then reloading.
2016-3-21
Use props
Skyveyor
New

United States

flaviomjr@vtolx Posted at 2016-3-21 08:32
I would also try backing up the config and resetting everything then reloading.

Hi Flaviomjr,

Unfortunately, it started after a crash.

Dave
2016-3-21
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

how bad was the crash?  If that is the case, what was the cause of the crash?  Depending on what the cause was maybe you are eligible for a warranty repair?  Otherwise I am afraid you will have to replace the A2.
2016-3-21
Use props
Skyveyor
New

United States

flaviomjr@vtolx Posted at 2016-3-21 12:10
how bad was the crash?  If that is the case, what was the cause of the crash?  Depending on what the ...

Poor piloting!

Why would a crash destroy the A2?

All the components check out in the assistant. The IMU calibrates normally. Seemingly all the components are good.
2016-3-21
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

I didn't say it is destroyed, it could be malfunctioning.   It is very possible for the unit to malfunction and yet still be seen by assistant.   Have you check that all wiring is in its correct place and firmly connected?  Is it able to get sat signal?  
2016-3-21
Use props
Skyveyor
New

United States

flaviomjr@vtolx Posted at 2016-3-21 13:52
I didn't say it is destroyed, it could be malfunctioning.   It is very possible for the unit to malf ...

I've checked and recheck all the wiring and connections.  When it's outside it receives that sat just fine.

I am at a loss. Tried everything I can think of but still no change.

Thanks for your continued engagement  
2016-3-21
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

Skyveyor Posted at 2016-3-21 14:10
I've checked and recheck all the wiring and connections.  When it's outside it receives that sat j ...

in dji assistant are you able to check all the mappings?  when you move the sticks and buttons do you see response on each individual mappings in DJI assistant?  Also, are you able to perform your motor tests?  have you check all individual motors to see if there is response?  
2016-3-21
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

so let me review this here.   When you power on the aircraft you are only getting red light flashing 2 times over and over again correct?   Generally if the A2 is seeing something bad it will flash 3 times continuously.  The indication you have (red light flashing 2 times) means that you have = 5 satellites which is not good.     Are you in a location where there could be high interference?   Or are you in a wide open area?   If you are in a wide open area and there are no interference then maybe your gps got damaged from the crash....

2016-3-21
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

also, another thing to check in your assistant while plugged and with the craft powered on, check the lower right of DJI assistant and make sure that there is no Warnings.   I have seen quite a few people saying that they are having problems just to see on pictures that they have posted that they failed to see that DJI Assistant was indicating a warning.     Let me know.   I am curious to find out what the problem is.
2016-3-21
Use props
Skyveyor
New

United States

flaviomjr@vtolx Posted at 2016-3-21 14:44
also, another thing to check in your assistant while plugged and with the craft powered on, check th ...

I've confirmed the mapping. The respective slider moves when each stick is moved. I've check each engine with the assistant and also commanded a start with CSC. The engines start fine and respond to throttle movement.

The red lights are flashing so fast its hard to tell if its three for four red flashes.

I don't see any warnings with the assistant plugged in

It's vexing problem. Everything appears normally but the LED continue to flash red regardless of the number of satellites in view.  The LED doesn't respond to mode selection. It remains flashing red if I am in GPS ATTI or Manual.  Won't go in to compass calibration mode either.

Thanks for your help,
Dave
2016-3-21
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

can you try one more thing?   perform the following steps:

Please follow the instruction below:

1.  Short circuit the F1/F2 ports via a 3pin cable

2.  Connect the main controller to the assistant software. Click “upgrade” and it will download the latest firmware automatically. Once downloaded, please pull out the 3pin cable and click “upgrade” again. Otherwise, the upgrade will fail.

I have had some luck doing this when having issues with corrupted firmwares.    Makes sure that you backup your settings before!

Let me know if that works as it will basically re-install the newest firmware and reset everything.
2016-3-21
Use props
dennismurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Skyveyor Posted at 2016-3-21 12:08
I've confirmed the mapping. The respective slider moves when each stick is moved. I've check each  ...

When you say you "crashed", did you replace anything? Like was an arm broke or...??
2016-3-21
Use props
Skyveyor
New

United States

dennismurry08@c Posted at 2016-3-21 16:28
When you say you "crashed", did you replace anything? Like was an arm broke or...??

Had to replace the propellers. No other "apparent" damage.
2016-3-21
Use props
Skyveyor
New

United States

flaviomjr@vtolx Posted at 2016-3-21 16:06
can you try one more thing?   perform the following steps:

Please follow the instruction below:

I tried doing as you suggested although I am not sure it actually do anything.  I did, however, click on each component and refreshed the software, which I am told should update the software.
2016-3-21
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

And the problem still present?  If that is the case I would suggest contacting DJI support and seeing what they can do, although I am sure they will ask you to send it in for repair, which will cost you.  How much I am not sure, but will most likely cost less than buying a new A2
2016-3-21
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Could you please upload a video to us for our judgement?
Thanks!
2016-3-22
Use props
zanelbach
lvl.1

Morocco

Hi everybody,
I'm experiencing exactly the same issue discussed above.
What was the conclusion?
Thanks
2021-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules