IMU Calibration Warming Up
907 3 2016-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mcritchley
lvl.2
Flight distance : 359278 ft
Ireland

I frequently get an IMU Calibration warning on upon startup when the IMU is warming Up. The warning message goes away after the craft is warmed up and ready to fly.  Even after doing an IMU calibration the warning message still appears.  It may be linked to startups in cold weather, as the temperatures here have been quite low. Have others experienced this with a P4?

Martin
2016-3-21
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

you won't get this message if you do your IMU calibration when your quad is cold, I take mine outside to do the calibration. If you calibrate after a firmware update or after a flight when the quad is warm it will cause this message.
2016-3-21
Use props
Rob_stal
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1243038 ft
Australia

Did you do the calibration with the bird cold? , leave it in the coldest area in your house or in the shed for a while. Prep the remote for the calibration and turn the bird on, as soon as you have video start the calibration. The IMU must be as cold as reasonably possible during calibration and this will greatly reduce start up times, If you are flying in very cold weather it is normal for there to be a short warming period though.
2016-3-21
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

If you use this cooling down technique,  be aware ,  do NOT cool the battery with the P4.  Your battery needs to be warm to work well.
2016-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules