DJI PHANTOM SUB-FRAME
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wheeliesteve
lvl.2

United States

Has anyone on here tried this sub-frame attachement from uavbits? Thinking of getting it and putting it on when I get my P3 back from DJI for the cracks in the shell. Hopefully this will help prevent those cracks.

http://www.uavbits.net/collectio ... s/phantom-sub-frame

2016-3-21
Use props
moses the almos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 153766 ft

United States

that be great but mine after 1 flight and no crashes has stress cracks at the other end
2016-3-21
Use props
wheeliesteve
lvl.2

United States

moses the almos Posted at 2016-3-21 08:54
that be great but mine after 1 flight and no crashes has stress cracks at the other end

That's supposed to take the stress off of the whole arm. What do you mean by "other end"?
2016-3-21
Use props
moses the almos
lvl.2

United States

I have stress cracks from arm to main body on both sides
2016-3-21
Use props
wheeliesteve
lvl.2

United States

moses the almos Posted at 2016-3-21 09:14
I have stress cracks from arm to main body on both sides

If the sub-frames stop the arms from twisting not sure how that affects the body.
2016-3-21
Use props
moses the almos
lvl.2

United States

well I'm not to happy about mine. going to the field with some club members this morning, and guess which new drone I'm not taking.
2016-3-21
Use props
wheeliesteve
lvl.2

United States

moses the almos Posted at 2016-3-21 09:21
well I'm not to happy about mine. going to the field with some club members this morning, and guess  ...

Yeah, that sucks! Have you contacted DJI? I just emailed them last week and they sent me an RMA shipping label the next day. So mine is on the way back.
2016-3-21
Use props
moses the almos
lvl.2

United States

wheeliesteve Posted at 2016-3-21 09:24
Yeah, that sucks! Have you contacted DJI? I just emailed them last week and they sent me an RMA sh ...

dji Amy had then  send me and a email they offered me 7day turn around rma if I sent them my info. I did and haven't heard back yet that was last week.
2016-3-21
Use props
Rnfaust
lvl.4
Flight distance : 734938 ft

Interesting...
I saw them, but ultimately bought their Strong Arm reinforcement plates instead, which I am very happy with.
I had actually whacked and arm in a tree (backing up) and bent the motor end of an arm. I straightened the end using a hair dryer and twisting. It worked! Still had no stress cracks, but added the Strong Arms just in case. No problems in six months since :-)

To the guy that found stress cracks on the body end of the arms. He may be confusing cracks with the seams where the pieces fit together. They might look similar.

IMO the sub frames may be overkill.
2016-3-21
Use props
Saboken
lvl.2
Flight distance : 97224 ft
United States

Are they still making them? I sent them a email weeks ago and didn’t get a response I would love to buy them but the site still says sold out! Can I get another company to make them? Where do I look? I hate to take money away from this person that designed them but if there’s a demand and they just walked away from this I guess they don’t want our money or was it a scam and they never sold them just took the money and ran?
2018-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules