Another Help thread... but Please read and Help
1298 8 2015-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tabletmartinsbr
lvl.1

Portugal

Hello to all

I am a proud ( but disappointed/ sad / pist / revolted ) owner of a brand new P2V+ Version 3 stock with the new remote

I have re-uptade everything 2 and 3 times to the newest firmaware remote included

My only problem was with the Distance telemetry from the App installed in my Android Asus tablet
It was all ok but this... done all pre-check flight...  done compass dance (a lot), 8 to 11 gps satelites lock.... everythig ready to go

Still in the ground, the App Distance telemetry used to say "0 metters" (phantom next to me) until i start the motors....
Then, without leaving the ground the distance incresses by it self.... that was the problem

Since i bought the Phantom  in December 30 2014, i wasn´t able to enjoy it much because of this... because i was afraid it would fly away thinking it was to far from home and that Home was in Never Land and it decided to go there...

It would not hoover or stay still in GPS mode because of this.... in one second, he (phantom), thinks he is in one place and in another second he thinks it´s in another place far far way... and i was afraid that he decided to go home suddenly rigth in front of me... so....

Still.... i was enjoying the very very very closed by fligths and the constant corrections made me a good pilot ... although once i lift it up aprox 50m i think...even with the App screaming/warning for power... it survived, although lost ALL telemetry (N/A)

I take off and within 10m from me (sometimes 50m, depends of the courage)  the App says "Not enough power to return home" constantly (the App thinks i am too far) and the phantom is right there, fully charged... but the App says it´s 800m away.... sometimes 300m away... sometimes 200m... depends... but never Zero with the motors ON and in the ground or the correct distance as i see in videos with the phantom flying  close

I see in youtube videos "0 metters" when the Phantom is in the ground.... and when it takes off, i see the distace increasing as it goes.... normally

Did all the things i could find on the net to solve this, like air plane mode, re-install the app and plus, with or without sense

Then i toke it to the store... this killed my phantom and me....
The vendor said it was the compass, he opened the Phantom and changed the compass then we tried
It was worst....

Then he said to leave the Phantom there to analyse, i did
3 days later he called (today) and i whent there

He said i don´t have any problem since it works in his phone
He had an old version of the App and sugested a downgrade....

That´s it.... 3 days later...  take the Phantom, go home now and don´t bug anymore...

Well, my App´s version is 1.0.54, i dont remember his but it was lower

The vendors Android was the most accurate, it "only" incressed Distace for 15m/20m in the ground (slowly... it started 2m...5m...eventualy stopped and fluctuated between  15/20m, one test only)

I whent home and now i notice less gps signal... lost of gps signal (cames and goes), diferent motor noise and one or two details that makes me fell like selling the Phantom and giving up

Before leaving the Phantom in the store, i had with motors OFF, 8, 9 once 11 satelites lock, now hardly 6...and decreases, losses lock (today home test only) and the Distance problem still exists (it doesn´t stay in "0metters" anymore when in the ground) ....  

Plus new issues (satelite problems) and plus a new phantom that looks like an old one (stickers pulled and losse from opening plus details on the chassi) plus all my Naza and RC configs gone and re-ajusted to his way... like Gain settings and the RC was changed to mode 2 ( i use mode 1)...

Did not like this... and did not understand why changing settings... since the tests could be done in the ground by just turning motors ON... and check if the Distance telemetry was rigth or wrong

My next test will be Monday or Tuesday or never again.... i need time away from the Phantom and bread... and read what you think about this and decide what to do with the Phantom

Sorry my english and please Help if you can

Tks a lot
Martin (Portugal)

2015-1-10
Use props
tabletmartinsbr
lvl.1

Portugal

Hello again,

Why no one answers me?
If i am doing something very terrible or wrong, please tell me

Here´s a link of my captured App problem
Very bad film but it shows a bit of the problem

I will do a nice one tomorow

Note1:  Cannot move the icon in front of the satalites, but we can see it
Note2:  The motors start when the floor is all red
Note3:  Never left the ground

Distace telemtry, Satelites Lock
2015-1-12
Use props
BWJ
Second Officer

Denmark

I notice that you not seems to have calibrated the IMU, am i right ?
2015-1-12
Use props
tabletmartinsbr
lvl.1

Portugal

Yes I did not calibrated, but last calibration was in the store
Last calibration was on the day I wrote the original post above

This was just a test to see if I could capture my app screen.

Could that be an issue without leaving the ground and having these telemetry errors?

Still in my next video I will take that in concern and will show me calibrating, upgrading firmawre and compass dance and print screen of versions

Really appriciate your reply, tks

2015-1-12
Use props
david
lvl.1

New Zealand

I can't understand why so many people have issues like this. I got my V3 at end of December, took it out of the box, charged batteries, wifi and RC unit, read how to fly it and never had any issues..... He'll am I just lucky?
2015-1-12
Use props
tabletmartinsbr
lvl.1

Portugal

david@ljhwhanga Posted at 2015-1-13 03:06
I can't understand why so many people have issues like this. I got my V3 at end of December, took it ...

Maybe I am doing something wrong after doing exactly what you did... or maybe I have a problem in my unit
That's what I am trying to find out

Tks anyway for your reply
2015-1-12
Use props
tabletmartinsbr
lvl.1

Portugal

Problem solved

Instlled the app on my GaIaxy note

Case closed and end story
2015-1-12
Use props
goncalo
Banned

Portugal

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-1-12
Use props
tabletmartinsbr
lvl.1

Portugal

First person to suggest another Android device... not even in the store...
Did that and solved the problem
The rest of the advice was done lots of times but the issue remaind

Didn´t want to to use my phone for the Phantom, i wanted a complete and separate gear but just for the test.... i´ve install the App and it worked

* Foi um "parto" difícil.... nada aparentava ser problemas de compatibilidade com a Tablet mas pelos vistos era ai o problema
Amigo Gonçalo, além de teres sido o único a sugerires alguma coisa de útil, ainda por cima és da terra
O meu mail é o meu user (gmail), seria um privilégio receber um mail teu com alguma forma de contacto e marcarmos uns voos juntos

To all,my tks

Roger and out
2015-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules