Gimbal Roll Still a Probelm with phantom 4?
2565 8 2016-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
granne
lvl.1

United States

Just got my phantom 4 over the weekend- first drone purchase ever. Flew RC helicopters in the past, and man this drone is cake to fly.  Got the drone firmware updated and RC updated. Did a little research before purchasing, and noticed that previous versions of the phantom have a gimball roll issue. Have done three flights so far and noticed that the horizon is skewed in all three, even with no wind. So I went into the gimbal roll adjustment, and it seems like after I 'adjust/trim' it in flight, that it skews one direction or the other.

I am posting this not because I have exhausted my investigation into the roll fix (have not done a level cal), but because I want to see if anyone else out here is experiencing these issues on the phantom 4.

Also, on a side note, if you check their  video here  you will see the horizon is not leve at the following times
3:02
3:40

Im curious, since the promo videos are shot when the drone is flying faster/turning, yeah i can understand the gimbal having an issue there... but mine are literally shot with no wind, and hovering in place. Thanks DJI :-(  

I will investigate this further and do some additional calibrations if possible.

2016-3-21
Use props
knichefilms
lvl.1

United States

Flew mine for the first time today.  Same thing for me.  This was never an issue with my P3P.  Out of curiousity, have you updated all FW yet?
2016-3-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Wind has nothing to do with the issue. It is either off-level or not. However I did not see a single shot in the DJI promo where the horizon was off. Can you post a video showing the problem?
2016-3-21
Use props
granne
lvl.1

United States

knichefilms@gma Posted at 2016-3-21 20:37
Flew mine for the first time today.  Same thing for me.  This was never an issue with my P3P.  Out o ...

Yeah, firmware is all up to date. I got an IMU sensor warning, and recalibrated completely level. I also calibrated the gimbal (also completely level), and i got errors on it saying gimbal calibration failed. After about the 5th time it succeeded.

First impression is that it is fixed, but was just playing with the other modes for now.
2016-3-22
Use props
granne
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-3-21 20:46
Wind has nothing to do with the issue. It is either off-level or not. However I did not see a single ...

Geebax, if you literally look at the PROMO video i posted and read the exact times to where I referenced the horizon being off, it will be abundantly clear to you that the horizon is not level. Look at the original post, read it, and then watch/fast forward. These are the shots with the paraglider.
2016-3-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

granne@hotmail. Posted at 2016-3-23 01:03
Geebax, if you literally look at the PROMO video i posted and read the exact times to where I refer ...

So what? How do you know that was even shot with a Phantom? You are grabbing at straws, you see two shots with a slightly canted horizon and assume it is a major issue.

It is a promo, it could have been shot with any aircraft, it does not mean it was a P4. Look in your settings, what gimbal mode are you in, Follow Mode or FPV Mode?
2016-3-22
Use props
granne
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-3-22 17:09
So what? How do you know that was even shot with a Phantom? You are grabbing at straws, you see tw ...

How do i know that was even shot with a Phantom? HAHA When you look at the video it says  in the top right hand corner "SHOT WITH PHANTOM 4"  

I was in FOLLOW MODE, I am by no means that incredibly stupid to complain about horizon when in FPV.
2016-3-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

granne@hotmail. Posted at 2016-3-24 09:10
How do i know that was even shot with a Phantom? HAHA When you look at the video it says  in the to ...

I had not seen the super in the top right corner. OK, so given you are not that 'incredibly stupid', you obviously are too smart to want any help with this, so bye.

2016-3-23
Use props
Phan-TOM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61184 ft
  • >>>
United States

My gimbal was a little off when I first got it, but it can be calibrated (leveled) with the DJI Go app.
2016-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules