12Next >
67417 51 2016-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
markorient
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi Guys,

I have just received my new Phantom 4.  When trying to charge the battery it doesn't seem to be charging.  The circular power light is green and the led next to it is flashing but doesn't do anything else.  Can anyone help please?
2016-3-21
Use props
Craig Rogers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 168445 ft
United Kingdom

Is the battery powered on or off?

In the manual, there is a bit of a confusing line which contradicts the battery manual.

Basically, if the battery is more than 95% charged (which it maybe if it's out of the box) then you need to power the battery on for the remaining charging to occur.
2016-3-21
Use props
markorient
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Craig Rogers Posted at 2016-3-21 15:36
Is the battery powered on or off?

In the manual, there is a bit of a confusing line which contradic ...

Hi yes we have tried this but it still the same please see pic, the small led is flashing twice every second and just stays like this.  We have also run the battery right down and this is what it does.  In the manual it seems to say that this indicates its too cold but its in our warm office.
2016-3-21
Use props
misuus
lvl.2

United States

markorient Posted at 2016-3-21 11:30
Hi yes we have tried this but it still the same please see pic, the small led is flashing twice ev ...

I have the same problem, managed to charge it twice after repeated tries but now it won't work anymore. It's not a temperature issue and it's fully discharged (10% or so).
I plan on calling support today.

2016-3-22
Use props
Bennyboy1983
lvl.3
Flight distance : 141089 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had this same issue with a brand new inspire1 battery!!!, I ended up leaving the main board inside the battery unplugged for ten mins, it resets it. Plugged back in and job done. Clearly as these are like weeks old Dji would just fix or replace I'd say, what does DJI KEN think??.....
2016-3-22
Use props
trafton
New

United States

Bennyboy1983 Posted at 2016-3-23 05:48
I had this same issue with a brand new inspire1 battery!!!, I ended up leaving the main board inside ...

My battery just died after 3 uses. It now will not recharge. Had to send it back to DJI and that process is complicated.
2016-7-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

leave it on the charger and the lights should increase as power is added to the battery.
If you've used it once already and are trying to immediately charge it, that LED indicates it's too hot to charge.
Will it power on?
If so, install it in the aircraft and power up and go to the advanced battery page and see what it says.
2016-7-27
Use props
bom_2012
New

Iran

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-28 01:11
leave it on the charger and the lights should increase as power is added to the battery.
If you've u ...

Hello
4 Phantom battery not charging me was not clear
How do Knm.batry in Geba was active.
2016-8-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

bom_2012@yahoo. Posted at 2016-8-30 23:58
Hello
4 Phantom battery not charging me was not clear
How do Knm.batry in Geba was active.

If the battery is near full, you have to power the battery on to complete the charge.
To power up the battery, press once quickly then press again and hold for a few seconds.
Same thing to power off.
2016-8-30
Use props
cynical6
New

Japan

I've had issue try to charge multiple P4 batteries. My first guess is that it's a defective charger but all was working fine, even with the charging hub, up until yesterday. Now I just get about two LED's and no more even if left charging over night. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
2016-9-5
Use props
kowalewski.pawe
New
Flight distance : 174534 ft
Poland

hi there,

i got a problem with brand new battery for phantom 4 ,
i just put out battery from a box , press button and it dont flash green,
also i put a charger to the battery and it doesent charge ,
what i should do ? battery its brand new from the box
2016-9-30
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try charge lead plugged in both ways and leave for a while, might just not be making proper contact.
2016-9-30
Use props
BLiS RC
New

Australia

Guys, this is not an answer to the issues above, but I thought I would share my experiences on this page in case it helps future readers out.

My two extra new batteries, straight out of the box both had one bar displayed when pressing the button.

Thinking I was doing the right thing, I plugged one battery into the charger with the power off, then powered the charger on. Nothing happened.  Thinking it might be trickle charging I left it for an hour, then came back, switched everything off. Rechecked the battery charge (one bar still), plugged it back into the charger then powered on once again.  nothing happened.  Tried this procedure with the second battery and got identical results whereby I was getting very concerned.

After many attempts to charge I finally tried (among other things) plugging the battery into the charger whilst the charger was powered on ... and tada ... the charge light sequence began and it charged up. Both batteries now full.

I would have thought this was not the correct approach, what with voltage spikes, etc. but if this happens to you, give it a try.
2016-9-30
Use props
jeffreysherman5
New

United States

Brand new system opened it up today, plugged in battery to charger, nothing no lights.  Tried pushing on button and holding nothing.  Charger working on remote.  Did online repair request..... waiting.
2016-10-24
Use props
Bond
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1364534 ft
United States

Isn't the correct storage level 50%? That's what the DJI charging hub does when in  storage mode. Am I missing something?
2016-10-24
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bond Posted at 2016-10-25 02:28
Isn't the correct storage level 50%? That's what the DJI charging hub does when in  storage mode. Am ...

The 'longer' term storage level is 50% as you say. The default period before discharge to 50% can be set by you in the battery settings. You decide whether the batteries start discharging after 1-10 days as set in DJI Go. So that would seem to suggest that the maximum recommended storage time at 100% charge is 10 days. However the lifespan of the batteries will be dependant on the number of 'full' charge/discharge cycles performed. Which is why I set mine at 10 days, to hopefully keep the unintended discharges to a minimum. The choice of course is yours and whatever you are comfortable working with.
2016-10-24
Use props
southernlead
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20184 ft
United States

I just purchased a Phantom 4 Pro directly from DJI.. It arrived before Christmas which was happily unexpected.  When I opened it two immediate things I noted....   The directions lack a lot.. actually they suck.  Any suggestion on how to find some good directions or manual would be appreciated.  It kept telling me to watch the tutorial videos but the only two videos are how to link your controller to the drone and firmware update.  SECONDLY and MOST important the battery arrived totally dead.  I mean NOT turn on dead.  Thankfully I purchased two additional batteries from amazon that work.  The one that came with he device is totally dark.  When plugged into a multi charge station it only registers a red light on the station.. nothing on it.  When plugged in directly for charge... it is dark.  I think I have tried everything but would appreciate help.   I need DJI to replace it ASAP.  I am also concerned that there might be some serious quality control issues during this time and wanted to find out if others are experiencing that or if I should not worry.
2016-12-25
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1466611 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-10-24 19:50
The 'longer' term storage level is 50% as you say. The default period before discharge to 50% can be set by you in the battery settings. You decide whether the batteries start discharging after 1-10 days as set in DJI Go. So that would seem to suggest that the maximum recommended storage time at 100% charge is 10 days. However the lifespan of the batteries will be dependant on the number of 'full' charge/discharge cycles performed. Which is why I set mine at 10 days, to hopefully keep the unintended discharges to a minimum. The choice of course is yours and whatever you are comfortable working with.

What is happening to some of these folks Not all because if a Battery is DOA Nothing but an Exchange will help that. But The charger plug to the battery can be inserted into the battery two different ways, if you insert the plug into the battery and then plug charger into wall the battery will not charge because the charger couldn't make the first step into checking the polarity of the Battery charge. You have to plug the charger into the wall and power up the battery charger first and then plug the Battery into the charger and in that split moment the charger reads the polarity of the battery and sets the correct polarity it needs to correctly charge the battery. The RC has a set plug and will only be able to be plugged in one way every time as apposed to the birds battery where it can be plugged into the battery either way. If the Battery is plugged into charger before charger is powered on it can not check the polarity of the battery thus it will not charge it. Cherger must be pugged into wall and powered up before plugging into battery. .Merry Christmas folks.
2016-12-25
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Normn8or Posted at 2016-12-26 06:46
What is happening to some of these folks Not all because if a Battery is DOA Nothing but an Exchange will help that. But The charger plug to the battery can be inserted into the battery two different ways, if you insert the plug into the battery and then plug charger into wall the battery will not charge because the charger couldn't make the first step into checking the polarity of the Battery charge. You have to plug the charger into the wall and power up the battery charger first and then plug the Battery into the charger and in that split moment the charger reads the polarity of the battery and sets the correct polarity it needs to correctly charge the battery. The RC has a set plug and will only be able to be plugged in one way every time as apposed to the birds battery where it can be plugged into the battery either way. If the Battery is plugged into charger before charger is powered on it can not check the polarity of the battery thus it will not charge it. Cherger must be pugged into wall and powered up before plugging into battery. .Merry Christmas folks.

Makes no difference to mine at all whether charger on or off when battery plugged in. What does happen is that it can take a few seconds (5 or so) for the LEDs to light up.
I think you'll find that if you check the voltage on the pins then rotate the plug 180 degrees and check voltage again, you will get the same result in terms of polarity (all -ve voltages. Pins 1 and 10 are zero volt (Gnd) pins ).
2016-12-26
Use props
fansf04269cd
New
Flight distance : 23871 ft
Switzerland

Hi Guys, I would like to share with you my experience. I'm really disappointed. I bought a secondary battery for my Phantom4 but it was not charging, no led even when plugged to power. I ask to replace it -> same issue. I change discount, same issue -> finally, last discount sold me a working battery. It's unacceptable from dji... I really dont understand what happen with these batteries...
2017-3-8
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

As for getting the batteries brand new and them only having one bar.. That is normal practice for transport mode.. In airplanes you are supposed to have a low charge on the batteries as well. I think that sometimes the charges are so low that the computer in the batter glitches out.
2017-3-8
Use props
Jay Starks
New
Flight distance : 23825 ft
Canada

Same problem here im real furious right now!  I just bought my  4pro + and a extra battery and the thing is not working at all. Took it out of the box press the power button it flashed 1 bar green cool, take it to the charger lights blink for a couple seconds than nothing, no blinks no lights no nothing, thing is just dead. As i can see im not the only one with that problem im mean iat that price these things shoudl work out of the box now im stuck with only one battery, anyone with a solution yet?
2017-4-18
Use props
fans552d54fa
New
Canada

This is quite a ridiculous situation and obviously a lack of quality control from DJI. I agree with above, a real lack of instructions full stop.
Just received new drone Phantom 4 - I plug in the battery and RC to charge. RC flashes 1 light white and not charging (I've had a P3, 4k so know how to charge a battery), also battery is completely dead no charge, no flashing green bars to suggest it is charging - nothing but darkness, it seems completely dead. This is the 2nd P4 I have received that does not work out of the box, the first would not connect to my IPhone 6 or app. I can't believe 1 brand or product requires soooooo many threads and sooooo many people unable to get a product working.
If anyone from DJI reads this, please reply with any battery and RC suggestions/solutions that might fix this problem else you will be getting another return asap!!!
2017-4-20
Use props
fans2424fd04
New
Netherlands

Same here, just got my Phantom 4 and the battery that came with the drone doesnt charge and 1 of the 2 extra packs I bought has no sign of life at all. Definitely a Quality Control issue on the DJI side. I hope they will resolve this soon!
2017-4-20
Use props
WHIRLYBIRD NZ
New
New Zealand

I want to Charge my Phantom 4 Batts, 3 charged but the 4th failed, no lights dead as a donger! Despite it having been charged less than a dozen times DJI NZ  told my to take a hike because its outside its 6 month warranty. Thats cool but its the second and last DJI Drone for me
2017-5-8
Use props
fans0d88a544
New
Canada

I just received my Phantom 4 in today's mail. The battery for the drone is dead as a door nail.  Charger did its job on the controller but I get no lights at all n the battery. I contacted DJI and was told to keep it plugged I
2017-5-25
Use props
fanscd32a7ab
New
United States

I'm glad I joined this forum, because I thought  I was alone with this.

I bought my P4 in October (the 17th) with three batteries and the charging hub. I've made 11 flights with no problems whatsoever. The last flight before yesterday was March 29.

I'd left the batteries on "Storage" in the hub since my last flight. Yesterday evening, I grabbed the P4 and the batteries. A quick push of each button showed no sign of life at all. That's not what is supposed to happen on "Storage".  I plugged in the three batteries and it saw two, but the other LED stayed red.

Then, it lit the LED around the pushbutton and blinked the 1st LED for about 5 seconds, then all dark. After 15-20 seconds, it repeats. It does the same for all 3 (x $169!) batteries and none gain any charge.

I disconnected the hub and connected each battery singly...same pattern. I went out to my car and plugged in my (official DJI) mobile charger...same pattern.

So, I called "support".  I am really incensed at the treatment I got. I quickly described my problem and he interrupted me to ask "When did you buy it". I looked it up and it was Oct 17. "When was it delivered...exactly?"  Now it was clear that he was trying to get out of the warranty not provide any kind of support or troubleshooting. He told me that the battery and charger were out of warranty (6 months). He suggested I buy a new charger. I told him I have a mobile charger and he said "You have to use DJI brand!"  I informed him that EVERYTHING in my kit was DJI OEM. He made the same comment about the batteries when I started the call ("where did you buy them"...with YOUR bundle!).

There was NEVER any "support". He couldn't tell me what the flashing pattern meant, offered no troubleshooting suggestions, and was truly worthless. He was more interested in ensuring I knew that I was 30 days 4 hours and 6 seconds out of warranty.

So...I apparently have $507 worth of 7 month old failed batteries and DJI will do nothing.  I am outraged...I have over $2k in this and haven't even had it 8 months. And when I spend that, I expect some actual support, not a lecture to buy DJI and a clear primary purpose to avoid warranty claims rather than help the customers.

GOOD technology companies would have jumped on this and solved it. Very disappointed in DJI.
2017-5-26
Use props
fansabef08e0
New
United States

fanscd32a7ab Posted at 2017-5-26 17:23
I'm glad I joined this forum, because I thought  I was alone with this.

I bought my P4 in October (the 17th) with three batteries and the charging hub. I've made 11 flights with no problems whatsoever. The last flight before yesterday was March 29.

hey- I have the same issue as you with my batteries? have you resolved anything with them?

I'm want to sell my drone... wondering what have you done since your batteries failed.

I have a battery hub, and the 3 batteries that it killed. I flew my drone maybe like 12 times, and the batteries are gone. Im incensed too. ALL MY STUFF IS DJI as well
2017-5-31
Use props
fansbb1ad54e
New

Tanzania

fans0d88a544 Posted at 2017-5-25 17:00
I just received my Phantom 4 in today's mail. The battery for the drone is dead as a door nail.  Charger did its job on the controller but I get no lights at all n the battery. I contacted DJI and was told to keep it plugged I

Hi, I experience the same problem today. Have opened after a year, battery would not charge and its dead, no lights turning on also. What should I do now, kindly guide. Thanks
2017-6-3
Use props
fans285d7829
New
Canada

Same problem.  Have three dead batteries and a grounded P4!  What terrible quality control.
2017-6-10
Use props
Samadhi Kopter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39856 ft
Switzerland

I have exactly the same issue. I have an official DJI battery charging hub and all 3 batteries which I had on this hub are unable to charge anymore. There is no more light on batteries themselves and the LED on the hub remains in red state for all 3 of the batteries. I bought the drone last year and I flew only a few times...

Absolutely incredible story for such expensive gear!!!

All the positive things about the product I used to say so far to my friends will change immediately and never again DJI for nothing by reading that so many people are affected with this!!!
2017-6-11
Use props
Ufishifish2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 789741 ft
Canada

Same problem.  I bought 3 Phantom 4 batteries yesterday.  1 out of 3 works.  The other two are junk and refuse to charge.  Glad I have enough batteries to be airborn.  These batteries are anything but "Intelligent."
2017-6-11
Use props
fansa19c4d95
New

Germany

Hello
I've got my new phantom 4 but after one fly I tried to charge the battery but not getting charge and I tried to test the controller with that cable but it's getting charge anf tried to plugin and plugout the cable from the battery 4 time and it's gonna blink for 2 second than again not getting charge and even not blinking , I leaved that battery to getting charge for 12 hours but not getting charge also not blinking too, I've got it like 3 month but I had no time to fly because of rain in Germany!  Is there any idea what exactly I have to do?
2017-6-12
Use props
Breslau 1976
lvl.1
Poland

fansa19c4d95 Posted at 2017-6-12 02:19
Hello
I've got my new phantom 4 but after one fly I tried to charge the battery but not getting charge and I tried to test the controller with that cable but it's getting charge anf tried to plugin and plugout the cable from the battery 4 time and it's gonna blink for 2 second than again not getting charge and even not blinking , I leaved that battery to getting charge for 12 hours but not getting charge also not blinking too, I've got it like 3 month but I had no time to fly because of rain in Germany!  Is there any idea what exactly I have to do?

If this is you first flight try to discharge battery to 0%  then connect charger to energy point  and then connect battery.
2017-6-12
Use props
fans79cf3013
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Here's a new one for you guys.

Brand new P4P, brand new battery, first flight.

Flies fine, then it lands and I can't turn off the battery. This video shows the whole process.

Anyone got any ideas whatsoever?

Because I am entirely stuck.
2017-6-23
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You are using the correct power down sequence, you seem a bit quick on the button ?

Push once then release and then immediately push again and hold for about three seconds. This is the same sequence as used to power on/off the RC.unit.

I wonder if the firmware in the batteries is up to date...
2017-6-23
Use props
matrix_man
lvl.1
Flight distance : 88763 ft
United States

I had 3 batteries do this.  Here is what I did. Unplug charger . Plug battery into charger. Plug in charger. Wait 5. If it still does not work try again. If still not working put battery into the Phantom 4. Try to turn on. Repeat steps 3 or 4 times.
2017-6-23
Use props
fans79cf3013
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Aardvark - Thing is, I get no response no matter how fast or slow I press the button. I cannot get any sort of response out of the battery with the button whatsoever. If I put it on the charger the lights come on and it charges fine, but that's the only time I can get the lights to come on.

matrix_man - You had three batteries do this? Damn, that sucks. Thanks for the suggestion but no results I'm afraid. Thing remains dead as a doorknob. So you had 3 batteries that you could get no response from with the button? My faulty battery is a P4P higher capacity one if that means anything to anyone.
2017-6-26
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

fans79cf3013 Posted at 2017-6-23 02:33
Here's a new one for you guys.

Brand new P4P, brand new battery, first flight.

Can you return it for another?  Local Best Buy is very good about this in USA (Canada not so much.).  Intelligent batteries seem very suspect with these things, especially when new or allowed to sit a couple of months and then no longer recharge.

Personally, I don't allow the discharge shorter than 10 days and I often use them before that time, or reset via the push-button.  Mine have run almost a year now without a hiccup, but I never allow them to discharge under 50% either in storage.  I'm not a fan of these Intelligent batteries and wish they go back to what the older RC crowd does and use a generic Li-Po battery with a Smart Charger.  Those seem to run forever, whereas these Intelligent ones fail sooner, cost more, and maybe die sooner due to too much internal tech.
2017-6-26
Use props
Ian E
New
United Kingdom

Same here no lights and Battery dead. Apple store is sending my 3rd drone to me within a week. Where on earth is DJI's response to this problem? At least with Apple store they will send out a full replacement. Any problems with the with the 3rd one and then I will get a full refund. Oh and the 2nd one came without usb cables. Nearly £1600 you would think they would be great
2017-9-27
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules