Phantom 4 Battery problem
67418 51 2016-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_eeU22m8
New

Serbia

misuus@gmail.co Posted at 2016-3-22 04:09
I have the same problem, managed to charge it twice after repeated tries but now it won't work anymore. It's not a temperature issue and it's fully discharged (10% or so).
I plan on calling support today.

Hi, do you fix problem with battery? How? I have same problem! I buy NEW battery and not charging.
2017-10-8
Use props
fanse60da125
New
Flight distance : 28284 ft
United States

fanscd32a7ab Posted at 2017-5-26 17:23
I'm glad I joined this forum, because I thought  I was alone with this.

I bought my P4 in October (the 17th) with three batteries and the charging hub. I've made 11 flights with no problems whatsoever. The last flight before yesterday was March 29.

This is EXACTLY where I'm at now.  I'm so upset!
2017-11-6
Use props
AlejanDron
New
Brazil

Hi, I have the same problem with de RC. I bought the Phantom 4 one year ago in USA. I live in Argentina, do you have local support in Argentina?
2017-11-28
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

AlejanDron Posted at 2017-11-28 10:03
Hi, I have the same problem with de RC. I bought the Phantom 4 one year ago in USA. I live in Argentina, do you have local support in Argentina?

You can find the repair center closest to you at the support pages
2017-12-4
Use props
Bmcgough3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37746 ft
United States

I thought DJI was supposed to be the best I guess I was wrong. Went through 4 batteries without charging at all. I think I'll go to another brand F U DJI!
2017-12-27
Use props
Bmcgough3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37746 ft
United States

After two online chats and one email that they never responded to I called them today and she said try a different outlet to charge it and what do you know the battery is charging.
2017-12-27
Use props
jplfly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 492 ft
United States

fanscd32a7ab Posted at 2017-5-26 17:23
I'm glad I joined this forum, because I thought  I was alone with this.

I bought my P4 in October (the 17th) with three batteries and the charging hub. I've made 11 flights with no problems whatsoever. The last flight before yesterday was March 29.

I had a similar problem with my Phantom 4 Pro Advanced recently.  I received it as a gift about a year ago and had a total of 33 minutes on two batteries before I left on an extended business trip for 9 months.

Before I left I read all the data about battery care in the DJI material and put both batteries on a DJI marketed hub on the "Storage" setting.

I attempted to use the batteries a few days ago when I returned and neither one would energize.  After a couple of hours I contacted support.  I knew the batteries were out of warranty, but I thought with the detailed usage report on their own equipment that they would consider sending me some new ones.

Wrong!

They walked me through a couple of ways to re-energize them that did not work.

Long story short...I have to spend $300 to get a couple of new batteries that may or may not have any life expectancy.  No battery refurbishers seem be able to work on these type of batteries.

So here is a great business opportunity for some young techie:  Figure out how to service and refurbish drone batteries and you will be wealthy within a couple of years.

I am also disappointed in the interest DJI took in providing real "Customer Service".
2018-10-9
Use props
djiuser_XiOneVOPHOe7
New

United States

I have the same problem.  I even bought 2=more off Amazon and those lasted one 23 min run at best each. First one failed in flight, second one failed to recharge.  The one that come.witj my drone wouldn't even take a charge.  Took it back to Fry's electronics to replace that and that replacement wouldn't hold a charge at the store. Called with in 300 miles of that story location and there were none available. These batteries are a complete failure .  I'll call the shop company Monday. I'm sure they will replace the OEM and the company who sent me the high capacity ones will need to do the same.I'm really pißsed off
2019-2-10
Use props
Jon Logan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7198 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-10-24 17:50
The 'longer' term storage level is 50% as you say. The default period before discharge to 50% can be set by you in the battery settings. You decide whether the batteries start discharging after 1-10 days as set in DJI Go. So that would seem to suggest that the maximum recommended storage time at 100% charge is 10 days. However the lifespan of the batteries will be dependant on the number of 'full' charge/discharge cycles performed. Which is why I set mine at 10 days, to hopefully keep the unintended discharges to a minimum. The choice of course is yours and whatever you are comfortable working with.

I’ve be had my two P4pro batteries charging on standby on the multiple charger for a few months. Today I went to use the batteries and they are both completely dead and are not charging neither turning on.
2019-2-10
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jon Logan Posted at 2-10 12:37
I’ve be had my two P4pro batteries charging on standby on the multiple charger for a few months. Today I went to use the batteries and they are both completely dead and are not charging neither turning on.

Could the batteries be in 'hibernation' (see battery guidelines) ?

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... delines_V1.0_EN.pdf

If so then try plugging into charger, do not push any buttons, and leave for a while. I would expect them to start charging at some point.

Edit:- perhaps some additional info' Here
2019-2-10
Use props
shipshooter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 354636 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dear Batter Bruised Friends:

I have 6 DJI drones.  Been charging batteries for Inspire2, Inspire1 and all the Phantoms, Mavics etc. and following all protocols.   This week a new P4P battery behaved as others have reported.  One green light. Tried everything mentioned.  Battery will not charge.   As for the comments about DJI's lack of support are sadly the norm.  The California office is a bit better if you can get thru to them but DJI founder, Mr. Wang emulates Steve Jobs in a Wall Street Journal profile yet fails in emulating Apple's dedication to brilliant service.  While 3 yrs ago returning a defective aircraft took 3o-6 months, DJI has improved...but their on line and phone support are fairly clueless and simply reading menus from a play book.   They are not pilots.  DJI's custo service is really insulting to all of us.   They need a call center IN THE USA with tekkies speaking American English, with qualified Pilots answering the phone.  And with ability to escalate a problem to engineers quickly and immediately.
2019-3-30
Use props
fans1f6c0b5f
New
Flight distance : 4495 ft
United States

DJI phantom 4 batteries or charger needs a fix ASAP! I had my 3 batteries in the charging hub for 2 months in storage mode and went to charge the batteries to fly my drone. Only one charged. The other 2 completely dead. Won’t even turn on or charge. My 3rd battery that did charge, won’t even work now. The drone won’t even start up the motors due to a bad battery. It flashes a warning that the battery has a broken cell. So I’m now out $500 in batteries due to poor engineering and design in the charger and batteries. I haven’t contact dji nor want to waste my time after reading this thread. My drone is well over 17 months old and is not under warranty at this point. But I do hope they find a fix for this issue because this would be my 3rd dji phantom I have upgraded to thinking they get better and better, but at this point I will not invest any more money into the dji brand if they expect to rush out with a product that has flaws or expect us to put up with poor design and quality that hasn’t been addressed or fixed at this point. If anyone knows of a fix to my battery issues, please let me know. I’m not planning on buying from dji if they can’t stand behind their products. I rate the drone A+, batteries F, controller A+, costumer care F, camera A-, design B, engineering D+, charging hub F,  DJI go app C, DJI website D, This Forum A... Thank you all for posting your battery issues as well. Happy flying if your batteries still work!
2019-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules