Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Phantom 4 Gimbal Issue Out of the box !
2757 8 2016-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alexist
New

France

Hello Everyone,

I received last thursday my Phantom 4 that I ordered on DJI Website today but sadly, I have a Gimbal problem.

The Gimbal does not move at all and it does not stabilize at all, I get the image feed but not moves from the gimbal. Also no initialization at all.

I did a recalibration of the IMU but impossible to reset the gimbal also I put the latest firmware upgrade on the remote and the aircraft, nothing changed...I also downloaded the DJI Assistant App on my mac tu upload the latest firmware : 01.00.0288 with DJI Assistant application on my MAC, NOTHING CHANGED.

I am very disapointed, I previously owned a Phantom 2 and Phantom 3 pro, I never had a gimbal problem.

DJI EU Support is very slow and just closed my ticket ! I don't understand why you do not take car of early client like me (I ordered my P4 the first day of the annoucement)

Am I the only one facing this problem ?

Thanks for your help guys !

2016-3-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am very sorry you are having an issue, can you please post a video of powering up the aircraft?
Also, what is your ticket number and I can send an email to the repair center.
2016-3-21
Use props
cjam001
lvl.1
Flight distance : 451791 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-21 15:08
I am very sorry you are having an issue, can you please post a video of powering up the aircraft?
Al ...

I have a new Phantom 4 also and my gimbal appears to have a horizon problem. I calibrated my IMU and gimbal before I flew. I also have the latest firmware.

The horizon is not level it may level off after several minutes. If I look down with the camera then look back up, the horizon may be off again.
2016-3-21
Use props
alexist
New

France

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-21 21:08
Al ...

Hello DJI-Ken,

First thanks for replying me, I guess support in the US is better than in Europe.

I find also very strange and complicated that Online Shop and Support does not communicate at all. I mean guys, I ordered on DJI Online Store and I got a faulty gimbal and craft out of the box and first support ask me to provide the invoice ? I provided them my order number but the problem is I have no invoice as soon as ALL my order is not yet shipped and I am still waiting to receive the backpack (no shipping date for this item yet)...

Anyway here are my tickets : 180288,  Order number on DJI website : 033111317374 or 033111395916

DJI want me to pay the shipping fees to send back my Phantom4 but I think DJI should pay for the pickup at least....It has been a week now that I try everyday to explain my situation to DJI Support and their feedback are very slow and I don't see now any improvements of my case.

I previously bought the P2, the P3 pro and I payed my P4 the day it was announced by DJI. Now it's available everywhere...shame on me, I should have buy it in a shop.

I heard rumors about DJI support and thought it's legend due to bad customers or bad drone usage but now that I experience it for myself as a loyal DJI enthusiast I feel really bad that I help DJI cashflow by pre-ordering my drone instead of buying it to a reseller...

I don't blame you particularly but DJI should really be more carefull with early customers...I know you are not responsible for this bad procedure and treatment.
2016-3-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

cjam001@cox.net Posted at 2016-3-22 11:19
I have a new Phantom 4 also and my gimbal appears to have a horizon problem. I calibrated my IMU a ...

Couple suggestions, you've done a IMU calibration and compass calibration on level surfaces correct. If so, try them both again. And also do a "Adjust Gimbal Roll" and then see if it stays level after that.
2016-3-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

alexist Posted at 2016-3-22 23:40
Hello DJI-Ken,

First thanks for replying me, I guess support in the US is better than in Europe.

Couple things,
They need a copy of the invoice for all RMA's
And the P4 is not available anywhere. You can currently only purchase it from DJI and Apple. After the 23rd it will be available to other dealers.
I will forward your info to the repair center.
Also, you've tried again the suggestions in the post above?
2016-3-22
Use props
alexist
New

France

I already tried everything, the gimbal is not motorized at all (IMU calibration, Gimbal Calibration). It does not move.

I just had today the answer of DJI Support, they are taking my P4 in a DOA Procedure and they take care of the shipping. I was long and complicated but finally I was understanded !

Maybe in a few weeks I will be able to try my new toy for the first time.
2016-3-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

alexist Posted at 2016-3-24 00:58
I already tried everything, the gimbal is not motorized at all (IMU calibration, Gimbal Calibration) ...

Sounds good, and I am sorry you had an issue.
2016-3-23
Use props
cjam001
lvl.1
Flight distance : 451791 ft
  • >>>
United States

cjam001@cox.net Posted at 2016-3-21 22:19
I have a new Phantom 4 also and my gimbal appears to have a horizon problem. I calibrated my IMU a ...

Thanks, it is not perfect but much better. It may just need more time to adjust.
2016-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules