Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Where are my pictures - DJI GO App
41780 10 2016-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mary Ann
lvl.2
Flight distance : 259009 ft
Canada

I can't find where my pictures go on my app.  I have all my videos (which I will ask a question about further down) but when I go to the photos tab, there is almost nothing there.  Which is why it's really confusing because about 5% of the pictures taken are there.  Does this have to do with what format they are in?  I've been mostly shooting RAW.  I still have 1/2 the storage capacity available on my iPad Air 2.  I can see the photos when in my flight log but nowhere else.

Also, the original videos disappear off my iPad in a couple of days.  If I've taken clips out, the clips all remain.  I guessing this is to prevent storage space issues?  However one video, I think maybe my very first video still shows up and it's labelled "Original" and I never see that on any other video.  I'm confused.

I also can't find the editor in my director part of the app.  I can get to the area where you can take out clips but I can't edit the clips for contrast, color etc.  Surely that can't be gone with the new upgrade.

Thanks for the help.

Mary Ann
2016-3-21
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Hi Mary Ann,

You may have the app set to clear the video space.  But,  you do know that the actual high resolution picture and video footage is actually stored on the sd card in the camera of the drone itself,  correct?  Sorry if this is obvious,  I don't mean to be insulting,  but you would be surprised how many people make this mistake.
2016-3-21
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Pull the micro SD card, put it in an adaptor and copy to your computer
2016-3-21
Use props
Mary Ann
lvl.2
Canada

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-3-21 13:47
Hi Mary Ann,

You may have the app set to clear the video space.  But,  you do know that the actual  ...

Yes.  Thank you Kneepuck I did know that and no insult at all.  It was just as possible I didn't know that as did.  I am a newbie so thanks for every tidbit!  I'm looking forward to the days when I can help people as well as ask!  Any idea on where my photos go?
2016-3-21
Use props
Mary Ann
lvl.2
Canada

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-3-21 13:57
Pull the micro SD card, put it in an adaptor and copy to your computer

Yes.  Did that, thank you.  I was hoping to use the quick editor on my iPad though.  I have Photoshop etc on my PC but just wanted something quick to edit and share.  Thanks for your reply.  Do you know where my photos are are saved within the Go App if they are not under the Photos tab?
2016-3-21
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
United States

Mary Ann Posted at 2016-3-21 13:17
Yes.  Thank you Kneepuck I did know that and no insult at all.  It was just as possible I didn't k ...

Have a look at the Dji directory,  perhaps one of the sub-directories in there.  I mostly use the stuff on the SD card and do not cache to the device as it causes a performance issue with the fpv.
2016-3-21
Use props
Homestead72
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-3-21 21:30
Have a look at the Dji directory,  perhaps one of the sub-directories in there.  I mostly use the  ...

How do you turn off the caching please Kneepuck?
2016-3-21
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
United States

In the Dji-Go app,  enter the menu system by tapping the icon on the top right.  Then,  scroll down to where it says " Cache locally when recording".  If that is green,  ( it should be ) turn it off.  Note,  you must be connected to the aircraft and powered on for this change to take effect.  Just set up like you are going to fly then enter menu and make this change.  That should fix you up.
2016-3-21
Use props
Homestead72
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-3-22 00:20
In the Dji-Go app,  enter the menu system by tapping the icon on the top right.  Then,  scroll down  ...

Many thanks (again!)
2016-3-22
Use props
fans45a85be3
New
Flight distance : 3301 ft
Australia

This is still the problem with the latest version of DJI GO as of today. iPhone 7+, iPhone X are both having this problem. The app was crashing recently every time being used and photos were missing after that. The recent update of the DJI GO app resolved the continuous crashes, but I noticed photos are missing  (unconditionally). They just not there.

It seems DJI doesn't bother fixing it - the problem is known to be for around a year (maybe longer) - they seem to bother about the new version of their hardware (Osmo Mobile 2), not supporting their customers.
2018-2-3
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

fans45a85be3 Posted at 2018-2-3 17:47
This is still the problem with the latest version of DJI GO as of today. iPhone 7+, iPhone X are both having this problem. The app was crashing recently every time being used and photos were missing after that. The recent update of the DJI GO app resolved the continuous crashes, but I noticed photos are missing  (unconditionally). They just not there.

It seems DJI doesn't bother fixing it - the problem is known to be for around a year (maybe longer) - they seem to bother about the new version of their hardware (Osmo Mobile 2), not supporting their customers.

What are you shooting JPEG or RAW?
2018-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules