Felixstowe Port
915 4 2016-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
John Boy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Shot on P3A, 2.7K 60FPS.

Was originally 3 seperate videos with a total length of 30 mins.
I know the editing/music etc isn't up to the you guys standards,but i'm still learning,lol

My first hand catch at the end too
2016-3-21
Use props
wellsi
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Howdy again John
Great to see you're getting into editing.  Great clips there and brutal scenery.  

Some constructive feedback for you

Most videos always look better in sunshine, altho I reckon the scenery here is actually made more dramatic in the cloudy conditions.
Watch out for that radar tower; you don't want that messing with your signal, which could be bad news if you're over water.
Nice to see you flying over water;  
The direct-down shots of the waves are fantastic.  Very different part of the video.
Don't be shy of cutting stuff that's good but the same as what you've just seen. Keep things fresh and changing.  
And the easiest way for handcatching would be to hover a foot above your head, reach out and hold the landing gear firmly and still, then press the left stick down for 3 seconds; the motors will turn off if you hold it level and that way no chance of the props hitting you.

Anyway; as said, all constructive stuff.  Hope you're enjoying flying the drone.....  days getting longer and spring is well on the way....
Speak soon fella
Ian

2016-3-21
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha John,

Good to see you posting more videos.  They keep getting better.  Aside from what Ian said, you might try slowing down your pans a little bit more.  Let your audience see what passes in front of them - especially when you have such interesting subject matter.

On the creative side, you might want to start planning your camera paths to take advantage of the interesting characteristics of your subject.  Like the redoubt in the video.  It would have been nice to see more of it and the unique structures near to it.  If it helps, you might try to tell a story with your flying camera.  On the other hand, it was just nice to feel the enjoyment you share through the video of being a flying camera.  Good fun yeah!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-3-22
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great job. All of us are still learning.
2016-3-22
Use props
John Boy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Thanks  for all the feedback guys,very much appreciated   I was hoping that there were going to be at least a few large ships going in or out,but just my luck ,it was a  very quiet day for shipping !!!....All the years i've been going there i've never seen it so quiet

Ian....Yeah i did think about inerference from that radar,the large cranes and radio communications between ships/cranes/tugboats etc. You can get a lot closer to the dock than i actually was,but i didn't want to risk it too much,lol.......and as you can see i didn't go too far out over the water,just in case!!......I was .......whats the polite term?.....bricking it as it was.Not as brave as you my friend......yet

Thanks again all
Cheers
John
2016-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules