State Farm Insurance
22844 181 2016-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Possum Zombie 4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1995479 ft
United States

I have mine insured with State Farm in Virginia $45 a year no deductible.
2017-1-29
Use props
erkme73
lvl.1
Flight distance : 198455 ft
United States

dcorbo Posted at 2017-1-6 05:07
If anyone needs help insuring your drone in New Jersey or has any questions about the coverage PM me i work for State Farm.

@dcorbo,  thanks for your willingness to take questions here.    I actually have one about underwriting and risk/rate calculations after filing a claim on a personal articles floater.  

I know with home and auto, any claims and losses are recorded to ChoicePoint/LexisNexis, and when it's time for renewal on home/auto policies any new entries will likely result in higher a higher risk (and therefore rate) profile.

In Florida, the state mandates that windshields be replaced 'at no cost' to the insured.  However, my home/auto agent let me know that such claims do count as strikes.  And, while there may be no upfront cost, or immediate rate hike, it all factors in at underwriting.   She said multiple windshield claims in a short period of time (who knows what 'multiple' and 'short period of time' means?) will most certainly increase the premiums.

Anyway, does a claim/loss for a PAF item get entered into CP/LN?  And what assurances do you  (outside of underwriting) have that such claims don't adversely affect insurability?
2017-1-29
Use props
PklyXD2Rf8NM
New

United States

Thats great! Question, do you need to have a commercial liscense to get approval for this insurance? thanks
2017-1-29
Use props
waynelongop6
lvl.1

United States

I also have State Farm in Overland Park, Kansas.  Last year it was $30.00, went to $60.00 this year.  No deductible, pays for crashes, theft etc.  I did ask my agent why it doubled.  They checked with the underwriters and it is because of the number of drones being insured and number of claims last year.  For the person who has a friend at State Farm as says no way, they should really dig a little deeper within their own company before making statements on behalf of their company, can't be good for business.
2017-1-29
Use props
vortecman
lvl.2
United States

kerrylaw Posted at 2017-1-23 17:05
I live in IOWA and just got my P3P insured for $1000, through State Farm, for only $30/yr.

Could you tell me who you called in Iowa?   Thanks
2017-1-30
Use props
Sasquad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

Become a member of the AMA 2million in coverage 75 dollars a year. Keeps the lawyers off your back. Problem is they won't cover being stupid with your quad, they do have rules to follow. I do like the lost property coverage idea, I'll be looking in to that.
2017-1-30
Use props
oldjohn54
lvl.1

United States

When you go to make a claim, they will tell you that your drone has 'depreciated' due to use and age.  Therefore, we can only give you a portion of what you thought you should get.  
2017-1-30
Use props
dcorbo
lvl.2

United States

erkme73 Posted at 2017-1-29 13:35
@dcorbo,  thanks for your willingness to take questions here.    I actually have one about underwriting and risk/rate calculations after filing a claim on a personal articles floater.  

I know with home and auto, any claims and losses are recorded to ChoicePoint/LexisNexis, and when it's time for renewal on home/auto policies any new entries will likely result in higher a higher risk (and therefore rate) profile.

@erkme73. Any claim under a Personal Articles Policy can affect your ability to get any type of "Fire" policy in the future. "Fire" policies are Home, Umbrella, Personal Articles, and most other insurance that is not related to Auto's. The claim will be reported to Lexus Nexus so when any insurance company runs a loss report the claim will come up. I can't speak for other insurance companies but State Farm does not change your rates for a PAP due to claims. What they will do is drop you at some point if claim frequency becomes an issue because at the end of the day insurance companies are trying to make money and a $50 policy with a couple thousand dollars paid out is not a good way to stay profitable. So if you have one claim there should not be any change to your policy and it will have no effect on your home  or auto policy that is in effect. I can really only see an issue if you have a claim and then decide to shop around for new insurance.
2017-1-30
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

oldjohn54 Posted at 2017-1-30 03:45
When you go to make a claim, they will tell you that your drone has 'depreciated' due to use and age.  Therefore, we can only give you a portion of what you thought you should get.

I started this thread last year when I got the State Farm insurance for my P3P's. I had a birdstrie which took out one of my P3P's. State Farm paid me the amount listed on the sales receipt when I purchased the Phantom. That price included extra batteries, and case. Only the drone was damaged. Since the price of the P3P was lowered from the time I purchased the drone a year ago I purchased a brand new P3P kit with extra batteries and case, then I purchased a P3P aircraft only since the camera/gimbal was not damaged from the old one and I use the remote from the damaged P3P. Now I have two P3P's with all the goodies and one I will use for parts if I need to. There is NO depreciation in value at all.
2017-1-31
Use props
SkyShark04
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74665 ft
United States

Hi, New to this thread. I was just wondering if the State Farm Insurance covered when I crash it and not just theft? Thanks!
2017-1-31
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

Got my quote from State Farm for $60 per year in Texas, no deductible. $1500. in coverage. Will go in Saturday and handle all the paperwork.

Need to provide all the reciepts from purchase for everything covered.
2017-1-31
Use props
fans2e762aba
lvl.1
Flight distance : 96762 ft
United States

what's your location, i'd be interested to see if this is available in Indiana
2017-1-31
Use props
T3rdEye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 221844 ft
United States

fans2e762aba Posted at 2017-1-31 17:04
what's your location, i'd be interested to see if this is available in Indiana

It is available in Indiana with State Farm as long as you are flying for recreation.  And maybe a few other hurdles..
2017-1-31
Use props
SkyShark04
lvl.1
United States

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2017-1-31 16:28
Got my quote from State Farm for $60 per year in Texas, no deductible. $1500. in coverage. Will go in Saturday and handle all the paperwork.

Hey! Im in Texas too. Two quick questions:

What part of Texas do you live in?
Is it covered if you crash your drone?

Thanks, SkyShark
2017-1-31
Use props
SkyShark04
lvl.1
United States

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2017-1-31 16:28

Hey! Im in Texas too. Two quick questions:

What part of Texas do you live in?
Is it covered if you crash your drone?

Thanks, SkyShark
2017-1-31
Use props
SkyShark04
lvl.1
United States

Oops, Sorry for the double Post
2017-1-31
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

SkyShark04 Posted at 2017-1-31 19:38
Oops, Sorry for the double Post

San Antonio.
Crash, stolen, etc.
2017-1-31
Use props
SkyShark04
lvl.1
United States

Talked to a State Farm Agent in Texas, they said they could get my Phantom 3 Adv insured for $60 a year. Covers theft, crashes, etc.

Myth Confirmed.

SkyShark
2017-2-1
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

Anyone who called them in callifornia?
2017-2-1
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

How can this be profitable for the insurance company? Unlike house insurance, most people end up crashing or losing their drone and frankly a lot of dishonest people will fake a fly away or say it was stolen just to collect insurance money so they can get a free drone.
2017-2-1
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

P4P+ Posted at 2017-2-1 22:08
How can this be profitable for the insurance company? Unlike house insurance, most people end up crashing or losing their drone and frankly a lot of dishonest people will fake a fly away or say it was stolen just to collect insurance money so they can get a free drone.

Its not up to me to say if it can be profitable or not. I don't know if this policy will last due to the fact that there are people who will take advantage of the insurance company and do and say things to their advantage! However, right now, I feel secure in knowing that I have this insurance on my drones!
2017-2-2
Use props
fansd9a221fe
New

United States

I just insured my drone with State Farm yesterday... they say it's new and they are just rolling it out. Every agent I called had no idea what I was talking about and I called 6 different agents. 2 called back and both quoted 60 bucks with no deductible! I would call multiple agents because, it's offered it just seems like it's whether the agent wants to find out for you. I purchased the flymore combo and they insured for that amount.
2017-2-2
Use props
fansd9a221fe
New

United States

fansa32f0b7b Posted at 2016-12-15 08:03
All this just sounds to good to be true.  Think about it, why would a insurance company cover a item that cost 1000$ for less than a 100$.  with full replacement coverage.  also when you dont have any other coverage with state farm.   Too good to be true then its prob not.

It's true. I just insured my Mavic Pro fly more combo with  State Farm yesterday before taking it out to the lake to fly. Completely covered top to bottom for 60 bucks a year. Theft, loss, damage... doesn't matter. They told me a new one would be drop shipped to my door or a check issued for purchase price... my choice.
2017-2-2
Use props
CBJ72
lvl.1

United States

I insured my P3A, extra battery, prop guards, gimbal guard, bag, my wife's Nikon DSLR, spare lens and a GoPro all for $60 a year.  My agent told me that here in Ohio the minimum premium to write the policy is $60. He then told me that the P3A was only using about $20 of the $60 that I was paying and he started asking me it there was anything else that I wanted to add on to the policy since it would basically be free because I was paying $60 regardless.   I think the $60 covered something like up to $3000.  Since I carry $1000 deductible on my homeowners policy I thought it would be nice to get my wife's camera, extra lens and GoPro all insured on this personal articles policy.  Prior to having this policy if something were to happen to these items I would not have filed a claim because of my high deductible.  Now, I feel a little more at ease with the drone and other items since there is no deductible on this policy.   I did have to call 3 agents in my hometown.   One of them flat out told me that she could insure the drone but she just didn't want to mess with it if I wasn't going to also let her take on my home and autos!!!!   When I finally met with the other state farm agent he was in shock when I told him that another agent in town didn't want my business.
2017-2-5
Use props
peterk814
New

United States

Hi All

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction and refer me to a state farm agent that would be able to sell my drone insurance in New York?  I have been contacting my local brokers and they all are unable to provide me with coverage indicating statefarm does not offer insurance.

If anyone could send me the contact info for an agent in New york it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
2017-2-14
Use props
Steady Eddie
lvl.1

United States

leorvasquez Posted at 2016-4-14 11:18
Hi everyone, well, I was on the phone with my State Farm agent for at least 30 minutes discussing all the different what if's with my drone. This is what I was told so far, the agent needed to call someone else to ask for more information to make double sure. If someone steals my drone from my home or my car, I am covered with my renters insurance, of course I have a deductible.
If I am out flying my drone, and I crash it and cause harm or damage to someone or someone's property, I am covered up to $100,000 in general liability also through my renter's insurance. I am NOT covered for my drone, if I crash it or wreck it, everyone gets paid except for me to replace my drone. :-)

What state are you in
2017-2-14
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

peterk814 Posted at 2017-2-14 05:48
Hi All

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction and refer me to a state farm agent that would be able to sell my drone insurance in New York?  I have been contacting my local brokers and they all are unable to provide me with coverage indicating statefarm does not offer insurance.

It might help if you printed out this thread and taking it to your local State Farm agent
2017-2-15
Use props
fansdd222428
lvl.1

United States

State Farm, New Mexico - $92/year - No deductible - Valued at $2300
2017-2-15
Use props
#shotxclvck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3423297 ft
United States

leorvasquez Posted at 2016-4-14 11:18
Hi everyone, well, I was on the phone with my State Farm agent for at least 30 minutes discussing all the different what if's with my drone. This is what I was told so far, the agent needed to call someone else to ask for more information to make double sure. If someone steals my drone from my home or my car, I am covered with my renters insurance, of course I have a deductible.
If I am out flying my drone, and I crash it and cause harm or damage to someone or someone's property, I am covered up to $100,000 in general liability also through my renter's insurance. I am NOT covered for my drone, if I crash it or wreck it, everyone gets paid except for me to replace my drone. :-)

THANK YOU FOR CLEARING THIS UP......SEEMED WAAAY TO GOOD TO BE TRUE
2017-2-15
Use props
dcorbo
lvl.2

United States

Hey guys i just want to clear up some info on here so everyone is aware. Home and Renters policies from State Farm and most likely all insurance companies do no cover liabilty for a Drone. There is an aircraft exclusion on section II so you will not have coverage.  I saw a post saying the liabilty will extend so i wanted to clear that up. Any NJ NY or CT guys text or call me for a quote i work for State Farm in NJ but can refer you to agents in NY and CT as well. 973-479-9959 Dillon
2017-2-27
Use props
Mavic Driver
lvl.2
Flight distance : 222438 ft
United States

MJLSTUDIOS Posted at 2017-1-31 02:49
I started this thread last year when I got the State Farm insurance for my P3P's. I had a birdstrie which took out one of my P3P's. State Farm paid me the amount listed on the sales receipt when I purchased the Phantom. That price included extra batteries, and case. Only the drone was damaged. Since the price of the P3P was lowered from the time I purchased the drone a year ago I purchased a brand new P3P kit with extra batteries and case, then I purchased a P3P aircraft only since the camera/gimbal was not damaged from the old one and I use the remote from the damaged P3P. Now I have two P3P's with all the goodies and one I will use for parts if I need to. There is NO depreciation in value at all.

MJL- Just curious if they dropped you after the claim as mentioned in several threads I have read on this topic.
2017-3-1
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mavic Driver Posted at 2017-3-1 08:47
MJL- Just curious if they dropped you after the claim as mentioned in several threads I have read on this topic.

No! In fact I added another P3P to the policy after I filed the claim
2017-3-2
Use props
LAI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38310 ft
United States

fansaae00df2 Posted at 2017-1-7 08:08
Just got insurance for my drone in Texas through State Farm. $72 no deductible. Covers theft to accidentally crashing it. And covers my accessories and everything in my case club for my drone.

Can you share your agents contact info?
2017-3-2
Use props
BoBg89
New
Flight distance : 14452 ft
United States

Adam Flurk Posted at 2016-8-4 13:33
Update: I finally got a hold of someone at State Farm in my are (Central Florida) and they offered a plan to me that costs $75, has no deductible, and covers my purchase in the amount of $1,800 (what I paid for my P3P - Package). She said it covers, theft, loss, and damage! Happy Happy Happy. Anyone else in CFL or Florida - Rest assure - Go with State Farm!

Hey, what agent did you use in Central Florida?
2017-3-20
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

You definitely want to be fully aware of the repercussions of using a PAP policy to replace what is essentially a toy.  DJI's coverage is not insurance and will not work against you like filing an insurance claim.  If you file a claim for your drone - maybe not the first time, but definitely the second - it will effect the premiums for your unrelated insurance.  This includes insurance you are getting from completely different companies for completely different things, like your home owners insurance.  Having to pay and extra $160 on your home owners insurance for 7 years straight is probably going to eat into the money you saved from filing the claim.

I'm not saying don't do it, I'm just wanting to provide some information as I know insurance can be confusing.
2017-3-20
Use props
mtnlandpix
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

T3rdEye Posted at 2017-1-5 10:25
As far as liability insurance..has anyone ever used “Verifly”?  If so, what is your take on it?

https://verifly.com/

I recently started using a P4 for real estate photos.  (I have a part 107 commercial license)   Verifly seems to work great.  Put the app on your phone, give them your credit card info, click your location, the app brings up a map.  You are covered in that area (my areas at least) for $10 for 1 hour of flying time.  This gives me 1 million dollars of liability coverage for 1 hour in that area.  
2017-3-20
Use props
sdevan45
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6493 ft
United States

evsjas Posted at 2016-4-15 13:47
I just talked to my State Farm rep and she said that they will start doing drone policies next quarter. She also said that $65 a year sounds about right. No deductible for full replacement.
This is in Virginia. She is going to call me as soon as she is able to sell insurance for my drone so I will keep everyone updated. And will post a pic of the policy.

I live in Virginia too.  I got insured in two days.  $30 a year.
2017-3-20
Use props
sean808080
lvl.1
United States

nilmaster Posted at 2016-12-29 06:30
I have 2 P3P and 6 batteries now insured from State Farm in NJ. Total cost of insurance $76.00 per year covers both P3P. Zero deductable.

Can you share the agent you used in NJ?  Thanks!
2017-3-20
Use props
tvl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 197779 ft
United States

Method007 stated:  " If you file a claim for your drone - maybe not the first time, but definitely the second - it will effect the premiums for your unrelated insurance.  This includes insurance you are getting from completely different companies for completely different things, like your home owners insurance"

I was wondering if this might be an issue at some point. Are you saying OR better yet, do you know for sure, that insurance companies SHARE information for this purpose. In other words, I was thinking of purchasing a State Farm insurance policy just for my drone. My autos and home are covered with Liberty Mutual. If I had a couple of claims with State Farm because of drone crashes, I realized they may very likely decide not to cover me any longer. On the other hand, based on your comments, Liberty Mutual will also be aware of the claims and my premiums with them may increase becuase of my claims with State Farm. That wouldn't be good for me and would be reason enough not to cover the drone since it really is a toy ........ although an expensive toy! So, do you know for sure this is actually the case OR are you simply speculating?
2017-3-20
Use props
tkflyfisher7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 150164 ft
United States

Too bad this doesn't work in California...
2017-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules