12741 57 2016-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

mavs88@home.nl Posted at 2016-4-23 03:34
I am sorry but I do have to disagree with you... I bought one, that made this scratching sound whe ...

I just got back from the NAB show in Las Vegas and was fiddling around with about 30 different P4's  and every single one of them  had very smooth gimbals.
2016-4-22
Use props
mavs88
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-22 21:53
I just got back from the NAB show in Las Vegas and was fiddling around with about 30 different P4' ...

Good to hear and good for you... maybe they sent the "faulty" ones to Europe .... but I do read a lot about this problem as well as the problem not keeping the altitude when the drone is stopped after a forward/backward/left/right flight.... we'll see... that also happened after the second or third firmware update for the Phantom 3 Pro... that was fixed with the next update...
Take care!
Max
2016-4-22
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Or more likely at a tech' show they would've been hand picked. But in saying that I had no problems with 1st P4 regarding gimbal.
2016-4-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-4-23 05:21
Or more likely at a tech' show they would've been hand picked. But in saying that I had no problems  ...

They were not hand-picked for the show. They all belong to one of our distributors and they were brand-new sealed boxes and opened up for the show for display modelsAnd all were sold after the show at discount prices.
2016-4-22
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I will be picking up a new one within the next few days (in the distribution chain at the moment) , and will be doing the unboxing at the retailers, to be honest I really don't expect any problems. If there are then it will be staying there.

BUT it would be comforting to see a firmware release to address the current glitches, or at least an announcement of expected release date.
2016-4-22
Use props
john_pullen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20778 ft

I get the same gimbal initialisation squeak. There are a few videos in this thread demonstrating this and many users in this thread are reporting this problem.  I don't care about the squeak personally as long over time my gimbal won't die. Have DJI confirmed if this is okay to ignore or is it still an open issue.
2016-4-24
Use props
jackpast
lvl.1

United States

Has anyone else found their video when downloaded to a computer to have faulty signal when the gimbal is moved up or down while recording?  I cannot notice it when monitoring 'live' but when I view my videos on my Mac all the video looks near flawless until I move the gimbal up or down.  Then the picture contains...I don't want to use the word 'noise' as it's not white dots, but rather just not good quality.  As soon as gimbal stops moving the video returns to near perfection.  It does not do this when rotating the Phantom 4.
2016-4-25
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Would artifact fit the bill these could maybe be video compression artifacts ?

Can you post a video ?

EDIT:- might be an idea to start a new thread.
2016-4-25
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Back to gimbal noise, I picked up a brand new boxed P4 from Maplins today, still in the cardboard box from DJI. Did unboxing at home, no protective stickers on any of the sensor cameras nor the main imaging camera. And the 'slight' ribbon noise from the gimbal. Which having digested this thread I'm prepared to accept. Other that these minor points all appears to be in good order. All software/firmware updates completed without issue. All calibrations completed, gimbal calibration failed 1st attempt but completed on 2nd (IMU calibration done previously).
I now look forward to flying it soon if the weather improves, like winter today
2016-4-25
Use props
cccusimano
New
United States

jackpast Posted at 2016-4-25 15:39
Has anyone else found their video when downloaded to a computer to have faulty signal when the gimba ...

I have the exact same problem.  Can't notice while recording, but when I play it back it looks "grainy"  while gimble is moved up or down.  Once the gimble stops moving, it returns to a perfect picture.  Is it possibly a distortion in transmission while gimble motor is activated?  Really annoying.
2016-5-3
Use props
jaraxle1zx
lvl.1

Mine does not make this sound.
Maybe mine is defective and I should send it back?

Lol jk. Guess I got lucky
2016-5-3
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jaraxle1zx Posted at 2016-5-4 05:59
Mine does not make this sound.
Maybe mine is defective and I should send it back?

"Maybe mine is defective and I should send it back?"

2016-5-4
Use props
alanw2005
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39918 ft
Canada

My Phantom 4 makes this ribbon noise. Looks like the cable that is coiled around the motor expands and uncoils as the camera rotates and hits the metal housing.

Sounds like I can drive my self crazy trying to hand pick a new one that does not do this. Everything else is working fine.

DJI really should come out with ta statement about this.
2016-5-15
Use props
alanw2005
lvl.1
Canada

mariusz@lbh.pl Posted at 2016-4-18 08:12
Hi, Sorry for bad quality video, but  does anyone can confirm is this sound from my gimbal is normal ...

I get that sound too.
2016-5-15
Use props
alanw2005
lvl.1
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-22 12:53
I just got back from the NAB show in Las Vegas and was fiddling around with about 30 different P4' ...

Kind of hard to believe that they had 30 P4s out and you checked everyone and they were all good. Odds of this given the amount of people having these issues seem pretty low.
2016-5-19
Use props
A.L.E.X
lvl.1
Flight distance : 361132 ft
Canada

I know this thread is rather old, but I just noticed the ''click'' in my p3a gimbal. After a few minutes of carful inspection, I discovered that the ribbon entering the camera body is rubbing on the ribbon entering the motor that controls the pan up/down motion. The click started right after a flight in cold weather, so I'm guessing that the temp swing caused the ribbons to flex somewhat. There is little resistance caused by the rubbing so it shouldn't affect flight performance. Either way, with a thin flat object, one of the ribbons could be bent away from the other, stopping the noise.
2016-12-21
Use props
Frenck
lvl.2
Flight distance : 142723 ft
Italy

I'm new here. I've also noticed a strange noise coming from my ghost GIMBAL 4 Pro. You know me

2017-3-6
Use props
dannyboy9929
lvl.1
Flight distance : 405968 ft
Norway

Hey guys.
Sorry to bump an old thread but i feel its the right place to ask.

Purchased a used phantom 4 pro +. Tested it yesterday and everything seems fine but when i tilt the camera straight down it makes a skratching noise which sounds like its coming from the motors.
The previous owner says its never been crashed, and from the look of the drone it seems like its true. No skratches - nothing.

Here is a video of the behaviour: https://www.icloud.com/photos/#0YcSDZvcNg2LjisVX_Z34yl-w?fbclid=IwAR1NbGNp0J7PCQN34f8QwYJ9LrZ8tA06de8b-f6Fnw4xTvl0-UftHOLtBKw

I have tried updating as well as downgrading the firmware to a previous version - nothing helps.
I have also calibrated the gimbal with no luck.

Thanks
Daniel
2019-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules