Collision avoidance
835 2 2016-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jackcosta
New

Canada

Tried out and tested the collision avoidance system works pretty good, just does not work very well when avoiding a thin oject like a branch or a pole etc etc. Have a wind sock in backyard it stopped when approaching it tried to go around it but was too close to pole wrapped around it for a couple of seconds chipped a couple of propellers but kept on flying, with warnings saying propeller missing or damaged, brought it back home tried to remove damaged propellor but only one came off easily, other one had to struggle to get off, but once removed realized why I had such trouble removing it, as one of those plastic prongs that hold propellors on had broken off. Contacted DJI to inform them of getting a stronger material or even make that sensitive part out of aluminum to avoid costs in the near future. Also where I could order more of those parts, they said send it in, I said its an easy fix and less cost for me if you could send those parts to replace instead of me sending it in, then they advised me to search for the parts elswhere from another DJI service centre in my area, something so simple to fix, but so costly for them for me to send it in. It really is common sense to send customers those parts instead of wasting shipping costs time and labour to fix what customers can fix themselves. Trying to save them costs.
2016-3-21
Use props
hummingbird.uav
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hey I agree with you.  The P4 prop locks look complicated, I would much prefer the screw on props like the P3 had.  Never had a single problem with them even after 310 flights.  Must have broke 3 pairs flying into poles just like you.
2016-3-21
Use props
mjlstudios
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

The self tightening props are too simple, and they work well. Easy on...easy off. This is why DJI changed it.
2016-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules