[FIXED] - Go app NOT compatible with iOS 8.4
937 13 2016-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiphantom3xx
lvl.2

Canada

EDIT: Seems the go app is NOT compatible with iOS 8.4, even though it says it is 8.0+. Updating to 9.3.whatever seemed to fix this issue.
====================================================================================

First off - sorry, a bit frustrated. So please don't mind the vent.

Wondering if there is a "fix" for this - or someone can advise me how to work around this - or you can fix it.

JUST downloaded the go app. iPad mini 2. Phantom 4.

Seems someone didn't quite design the interface correctly, because (a) its a little cluttered and (b) - if I try changing the return to home altitude - first off  all the little keyboard automatically pops up - but then if I press ANYTHING other than a "5" or greater (i.e .,5-6-7-8-9-0) - it AUTOMATICALLY closes the the window. The go app somehow thinks I am pressing 'tapfly' or whatever - so closes the keyboard and CLOSES the menu to edit that value - so I CANNOT change it.

The little black menu (settings) fills about 70% of the screen (from the right side to about 70% of the left) - and then then other 30% you can see what the camera sees. If you try typing on the keyboard in this '30%' area - it automatically returns to camera view - and you CANNOT TYPE IN ANY NUMBERS LOWER THAN 5.

So I CANNOT actually set a RTH attitude of say 120m for safety - instead have to go with the STUPID default value of 30...

I can ONLY type in something like "55, 56, 57, 58, ..., all the way up to 99". Pressing "1, 2, 3, or 4" automatically closes the window.

Can someone PLEASE fix this asap. It's a VERY stupid problem. I don't normally get upset - but something like this........... its a software design flaw that SHOULD be fixed.

a) It's wierd that it opens the menu on the side like that.
b) But now - if I try to change anything (including MAX altitude limit) - I CAN NOT change it to say 100m max limit, or 200m max limit, etc - it AUTOMATICALLY CLOSES THE WINDOW...

picture of go app

picture of go app
2016-3-21
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

First off take a deep breath and relax.   The interface has a lot to fill into a small screen, so it will take some time.   And you do know 120m is about 400 feet so don't think you need to have the RTH so high. Just watch some tutorials and other user videos and you will get the hang of it.
2016-3-21
Use props
boxerman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft

I am using an iPad 3 (exactly the same as you except I have touchID, that's all) and I have NONE of the problems you are describing.  It seems that perhaps you have zooming turned on or some other Accessibility setting in the iPad.  I just got my P4 today and set everything up using my iPad 3 with no problems at all.  Check all of the settings in your iPad and make sure it's not that.
2016-3-21
Use props
djiphantom3xx
lvl.2

Canada

No micro - it will NOT let me type it in. I KNOW 120 m = 400 ft, but all I can type in is 55, 66, 77, etc up to 99. I CANNOT type in say 100, or 110, or something like that. STUPID stupid setting.

It can be dangerous if flying in say a mountainous area where you NEED to have it say 180m or 200m "just in case". Not that you ever WANT anything to happen - but you SHOULD be able to type that in.
2016-3-21
Use props
djiphantom3xx
lvl.2

Canada

It's a brand new iPad - didn't change any accessiblity settings
2016-3-21
Use props
boxerman
lvl.4
United States

Hmmm.  Seems my iPad & DJI Go play together nicely, then.  What you describe doesn't happen on mine.

works fine

works fine
2016-3-21
Use props
djiphantom3xx
lvl.2

Canada

Hmm. I can't get it to work - it just keeps AUTO closing that screen... Is there any magical APPLE thing that might be affecting it? (Like I said - BRAND new iPad - so there shouldn't be any wierd settings on it, etc)... Is yours an iPad 2 mini?
2016-3-21
Use props
djiphantom3xx
lvl.2

Canada

i also don't seem to have the little arrow key (back/forwards) that you do on your keyboard? (i.e., above the 1 & 2?) don't know if that means anything?
2016-3-21
Use props
boxerman
lvl.4
United States

boxerman Posted at 2016-3-22 11:48
Hmmm.  Seems my iPad & DJI Go play together nicely, then.  What you describe doesn't happen on mine.

Look at my keyboard (in the pic) - mine had the undo/redo and clipboard icons and yours does not.  SOMETHING is different and I feel sure it is an iPad setting.  Check your Settings->General->Keyboards - Mine has all of the green switch options set to ON.
2016-3-21
Use props
djiphantom3xx
lvl.2

Canada

Wondering if it is an iOS incompatibility. What iOS are you using? This is verion 8.4
2016-3-21
Use props
boxerman
lvl.4

djiphantom3xx Posted at 2016-3-22 11:59
Wondering if it is an iOS incompatibility. What iOS are you using? This is verion 8.4

IOS 9.2.1

Although I am installing v9.3 right now.  It was released with the Apple announcements today.
2016-3-21
Use props
scarper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59272 ft
Australia

Update your ios.
2016-3-21
Use props
djiphantom3xx
lvl.2

Canada