Firmware upgrade issues. Two drone updates, same problem.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
leeandelson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2128648 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi everyone,
       I have two Phantom 3 Professionals both with the same problem after installing the new firmware. Both controllers no longer conect to the app. Both controllers were sucessfully updated, as well as the app. About 1 in 20 tries the app will recognize the controller being conected and then soon disconnect. I have used many cords, all in good condition with no luck. I reinstalled the firmware on each drone several times, all successful but still wont connect with the app. Again it is only an issue conecting the controller to the app as the RC connects to the Drone. I have reinstalled the app many times as well. Nothing has worked and I have searched the threads for hours and seen a few people with a similar issue. I have also downgrading the firmware but the controller wont downgrade. Any ideas why the controllers might not be connecting to the app? I have also performed the hard reset on each controller with no luck and i dont believe its a USB port issue as the drones were purchased months apart.. Thanks for the help.
2016-3-21
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi leeandelson!  What device are you using? What is your App version?
2016-3-22
Use props
moses the almos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 153766 ft

United States

I had the same problem. I reinstalled the update then I uninstalled the go app and reinstalled. changed the usb cable and now its working
2016-3-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you get them both working?
And as Tim said, what devices are you using.
And when you say the RC won't connect to the app do you mean you don't see video or the RC does not recognize the device at all ( does the status say no signal, or disconnected)?
2016-3-22
Use props
joshhill
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-22 15:59
Did you get them both working?
And as Tim said, what devices are you using.
And when you say the RC ...

I have a P3A, using an iPad Air 2. I have updated everything however when I connect rc to app it tells me I need to update firmware, if I close the app out and go right back to it. It says everything good. Close it out again and says I need to update over and over. I have reset rc, deleted app and reinstalled, and did a hard reset on I pad still hasn't fixed it. Even when it says I need a firmware update, if I go to the about section it has the rc on the latest fw, but still tells me I need update on main screen ??

Not trying to hijack thread, but I clicked trying to find answers and I didn't want to start a new thread on a similar topic. Dji Ken I have seen you answer a lot of questions on here before that's why I am asking you or anyone who can help. Thanks in advance
2016-3-22
Use props
joshhill Posted at 2016-3-23 11:45
I have a P3A, using an iPad Air 2. I have updated everything however when I connect rc to app it te ...

I had the same issue.  It would say the upgrade completed, but the next time I turned on the RC it would say I needed to upgrade it.

I tried it 3 times and it finally took.  I no longer get the red triangle telling me to upgrade.

Mike
2016-3-22
Use props
joshhill
lvl.2

United States

4porte@comcast. Posted at 2016-3-22 23:16
I had the same issue.  It would say the upgrade completed, but the next time I turned on the RC it ...

I have lost count of how many times I've tried! Lol I have updated and got the success message at least ten times. Still same thing
2016-3-22
Use props
Jalpa_Mike
lvl.1

joshhill Posted at 2016-3-23 12:50
I have lost count of how many times I've tried! Lol I have updated and got the success message at  ...

I spoke too soon.  

I got the message I needed to upgrade again today.  I performed the upgrade and it took.  I bet it comes back again next time I shut down and turn it back on.

Mike
2016-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules