Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
hijacked? or a pilot mistake?
12Next >
2725 58 2016-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
www.ctv.kz
lvl.2

Kazakhstan

• Hi, I do not have words to explain this. I was flying in downtown around the new high scraper. Suddenly everything was switched off. I have more than 500 flights. I know what I am doing. Tonight, THEY have a party in that place. Big party for government. Suddenly I lost all connections. I lost my p3p. Could it be a pilot mistake?

Single SelectVote, Total 17 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

52.94% (9)
5.88% (1)
11.76% (2)
29.41% (5)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2016-3-21
Use props
mrGREEK360
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236414 ft
Canada

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2016-3-21
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

'Could it be a pilot mistake? '

Absolutely, case closed.
2016-3-21
Use props
www.ctv.kz
lvl.2

Kazakhstan

Geebax Posted at 2016-3-22 10:35

Absolutely, case closed.

No it was not like that. I was up. That building was around 200 feet.
2016-3-21
Use props
www.ctv.kz
lvl.2

Kazakhstan

Geebax Posted at 2016-3-22 10:35

Absolutely, case closed.

Why are sending that message? Are you with DJI to close my conversation?
2016-3-21
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

www.ctv.kz Posted at 2016-3-22 15:49
Why are sending that message? Are you with DJI to close my conversation?

No, I am not with DJI. You started a thread with a poll in it that gave 4 choices of what happened, all of them the same and all saying 'Hijacked'. I don't believe it was hijacked, however I have no information to guess why it happened, and until you provide more information about the flight, no-one will.

However you asked if it could be pilot mistake, and my answer to that was YES. From the little information you have provided, it seems very likely. If you fly around tall buildings in an urban environment, you are asking for trouble.

Lets us start this off with the most important question, did you fly behind the building?
2016-3-21
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534970 ft
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2016-3-22 15:56
No, I am not with DJI. You started a thread with a poll in it that gave 4 choices of what happened, ...

> did you fly behind the building?

Good (First) Question.
2016-3-21
Use props
www.ctv.kz
lvl.2

Kazakhstan

No, I was up. That building is about 200. I was around 500. How could it be? I lost radio and video. If I am not mistaken, radio signal should work even if the bridge is down. Am I right?
2016-3-21
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

www.ctv.kz Posted at 2016-3-22 16:16
No, I was up. That building is about 200. I was around 500. How could it be? I lost radio and video. ...

I am not sure what you mean 'if the bridge is down'? Can you access the flight log on your phone/tablet?
2016-3-21
Use props
scarper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59272 ft
Australia

Maybe he means light bridge
2016-3-21
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Australia

www.ctv.kz Posted at 2016-3-22 16:16
No, I was up. That building is about 200. I was around 500. How could it be? I lost radio and video. ...

Were you up standing on the building?, and Where did the Bridge come from?

My point being that you are giving very sketchy information. nobody can determine what happened from the information you are giving.

We are trying to help, but from what you are providing we cannot...
Please provide as a minimum, Flight records and logs, for us to help you....,

Otherwise its like you asking the doctor to help you, and all you are saying is "Ouch" - you are not providing specific details, like saying where and what and how, etc...

2016-3-21
Use props
www.ctv.kz
lvl.2

Kazakhstan

I was looking at my bird, It was up. I do not have enough info. It is down my friend. I am not asking for help, I just wanna know the answer.
2016-3-21
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Australia

www.ctv.kz Posted at 2016-3-22 16:51
I was looking at my bird, It was up. I do not have enough info. It is down my friend. I am not askin ...

My Good Friend.
In the most nicest way possible...

We cannot answer your question if we don't have the details and information to answer your question.

You should have your Flight Record in GO on your Device.
  - Can you please post it here.
2016-3-21
Use props
www.ctv.kz
lvl.2

Kazakhstan

How could I answer your question, if I do not have any info from quad? I have some info from Ipad - it says I was good. We DID NOT HAVE any issues for more than 500 flights. Where is APRIL and WU I wanna talk to them/ We have met.. They know me.  
2016-3-21
Use props
SpecialProjects
lvl.3
Flight distance : 441010 ft
United States

A UFO abducted it!
2016-3-21
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Australia

I'm beginning to think that might be actually true!
2016-3-21
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Australia

www.ctv.kz Posted at 2016-3-22 17:05
How could I answer your question, if I do not have any info from quad? I have some info from Ipad -  ...

Post The info from your ipad here then.

BTW.,  April is next month. I wont know where or who WU is...Sorry cant help with that one.
2016-3-21
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

www.ctv.kz Posted at 2016-3-22 17:05
How could I answer your question, if I do not have any info from quad? I have some info from Ipad -  ...

The DJI people will only be saying the same as we are, post the flight logs from your device here so they can be analysed. Without them, you will not get an answer.

" I wont know where or who WU is...Sorry cant help with that one."

April and Wu are DJI staff who sometimes appear on this forum, however I have not heard from them for a long time, maybe they do not work for DJI any longer.
2016-3-21
Use props
www.ctv.kz
lvl.2

Kazakhstan

Who is WU?  Have You seen this guy?  May be he is on left?
2016-3-21
Use props
www.ctv.kz
lvl.2

Kazakhstan

2016-3-21
Use props
www.ctv.kz
lvl.2

Kazakhstan

No answer? Really? So how is WU I have his business card. He was fake? He promised a lot. Including test drive. I have all contacts. So... when I had a flyway, and no one explain how was that.... Explain please
2016-3-21
Use props
scarper
lvl.4
Australia

No answer to what ... you have posted 2 pictures that we cannot see and tell a story that we cant quite understand.
What is it you actually want us to do with the very little information you have given.
If you dont want to post your flight logs there isnt anything we can suggest.

2016-3-21
Use props
www.ctv.kz
lvl.2

Kazakhstan

Scarper. Hello first of all.  Do you see this photo. I guess you have an access to facebook.  https://www.facebook.com/photo.p ... ;type=3&theater
2016-3-22
Use props
www.ctv.kz
lvl.2

Kazakhstan

www.ctv.kz Posted at 2016-3-22 14:13
Scarper. Hello first of all.  Do you see this photo. I guess you have an access to facebook.  https: ...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.p ... 4374&type=3&theater
Do you know that guy? His name is Wu. I guess you have an access to facebook at least. Would like to talk to April.
2016-3-22
Use props
www.ctv.kz
lvl.2

Kazakhstan

Sorry for double post. Just wanna know the answer.
2016-3-22
Use props
scarper
lvl.4
Australia

ooooooopppps
2016-3-22
Use props
scarper
lvl.4
Australia

www.ctv.kz Posted at 2016-3-22 16:14
https://www.facebook.com/photo.p ... 4374&type=3&theater
Do you know that guy? His name is Wu. I gu ...

I do not know anyone in the photo.
you need to post your flight logs.
2016-3-22
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Sorry for your accident! You was flying in the zone of high interference, flying around the skyscraper is not a best choice of environment. probably the compass got interference and drone got lost... Please contact our support center to get them analyze your flight. Please remember to synchronize the flight records. Thank you!
2016-3-22
Use props
www.ctv.kz
lvl.2

Kazakhstan

scarper Posted at 2016-3-22 16:30
I do not know anyone in the photo.
you need to post your flight logs.

It is not gonna work like that. Sorry man. This guy told me a lot of stuff. He knows everyone in DJI. How come you do not know him. I gave him my copter to test and now nothing? I had a real flyaway. Probably gov people. But Just one question, how possibly was done? Any insurance on that?
2016-3-22
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Australia

Do you know this guy in the photo?..., You need him to solve it:

2016-3-22
Use props
scarper
lvl.4
Australia

dude you really make no sense ....as such i shall just stop helping. sorry...speak to DJI support they can help you.
2016-3-22
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your first and last mistake can be found in the first sentence of your post. This is why there are going to be more and more regulations.
2016-3-22
Use props
mrv8outboard
lvl.2

The flight logs will help tell the story. Just upload your flight log so the community can have that data to answer your original question. Pretty simple task.
2016-3-22
Use props
tayhan91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 481601 ft
United States

my god the patience on these forums is stunning! i never expected people to be so kind in trying to understand a fellow user. Hope DJI helped out!
2016-3-22
Use props
Anderjon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 666893 ft
United Kingdom

I would try to help this guy, except I really don't want to enter his world. It sounds weird and confusing full of strange characters called WU and being "up" in places and everything is promised to you, if only our could find WU.

Insanity await all ye who enter.......
2016-3-22
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

At the advice of the only Kazakhstanian I know, I chose option 3: Hijacked.
2016-3-22
Use props
microcyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

A few options here.
Pilot error
GPS signal loss due to buildings
RTH not set when signal was loss due to buildings
Pilot error

or
A signal jammer can be used to disrupt the signal.  Signal jammers for Wifi and GPS can be easily purchased.
Also, if you have any hacking skills, you can gain access to a drone or any other device through the GPS since it is not encrypted.

So, yes if you have a static spot say a building, and someone flies within range, you can in fact hijack the bird and make it drop to the ground or even take over completely.  Granted taking over takes more knowledge, but you can hijack if you know what you are doing.  

HOW/WHY? well because nothing is encrypted properly..

https://www.hackread.com/hacking ... -navigation-system/
https://www.hackread.com/hacking-drones-for-money/
An interesting read for you programmers.
https://www.virusbulletin.com/up ... etrovsky-VB2015.pdf

2016-3-22
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

dji-p3p1 Posted at 2016-3-22 10:23
Do you know this guy in the photo?..., You need him to solve it:

ha ha ha ha he could work it out for sure...

but here is the guy that did it...

2016-3-22
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

microcyb Posted at 2016-3-22 15:03
A signal jammer can be used to disrupt the signal.  Signal jammers for Wifi and GPS can be easily pu ...

Good info, albeit definitely more likely I would say outside of the US.  That type of signal jamming carries a felony here.  This guy found out the hard way here in Chicago .
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/03/

To your point though it isn't as difficult/complex as people might think.  I've been on a project lately that is testing different methods of Geofencing, and it is astounding what type of data is being transmitted with no or little encryption.
2016-3-22
Use props
microcyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

ryan209 Posted at 2016-3-22 16:08
Good info, albeit definitely more likely I would say outside of the US.  That type of signal jammi ...

Oops. Page has been hijacked.
Darn Government.

Also note, the Geofencing data can also be changed. Security is not as good as people expect it to be.
aaaaq.jpg

2016-3-22
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules