Ronin and DJI Follow Focus problems
1112 0 2016-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
benboehm.design
New

Germany

Hello folks,
I´ve been working sometimes with the Ronin Gimbal and just received my own Ronin. I have used the Ronin for a shooting with the new dji follow focus and it worked pretty well for 2 days. We´ve been shooting with the Sony A7S II, the Atomos Shogun as monitor and the Dji follow focus powered by the D-Tap connection under the baseplate. At the end of day 2 we pluged in the DJI Follow Focus in the D-Tap and turned on the gimbal but then after some seconds it´s started smoking under the gimbal and it smelled like burned plastic. We turned off the gimbal immediatly und plugged off the Follow Focus. We were totally confused about the probleme because it worked great before. The cabel of the follow focus melted with the receiver and smelled pretty bad. The Ronin itself works well again and do not smell but I think there has been a electrical short.

The rental company will send the follow focus to repair and I think I will do this too with the Ronin because I think the D-Tap connection might be dead.

Does anyone also had this problems or knows what could be the problem?

Best regards,
Ben

2016-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules