Fyling distance - 500m or 5 km?
1223 8 2016-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dukedinger
lvl.1

Australia

Hey guys,

I was wondering if someone could enlightne me on the P4's maximum transmission distance. I'm a little confused with the P4 product specs rating the controller as being able to transmit up to 3.1m/5km but in the DJI go app (where you can set limits), you speciffic a number between 1 and 500m.

I should say I've not yet tested how far it could go, but straight out of the box, what can the P4 do?

Thoughts/ ideas?

2016-3-22
Use props
rhysbennett
New

Australia

I do believe the setting in the DJI GO app you're referring to is for limiting the altitude distance rather than horizontal distance. The Phantom 4 has a max flight height of 500m
2016-3-22
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

The 500 meter limit is how high it can fly, there are other setting that can be turned on or of such as beginner mode. If your new to the hobby I suggest you research all the info you can find and use the flight simulator before you take off for the first time.
2016-3-22
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

The distance (range) is dependent on the terrain. The 500 meters is the height. You cane set the height in the GO Program. Be sure to set your RTH (return to home height) as well
2016-3-22
Use props
granne
lvl.1

United States

there is a setting for how far you can fly (not the max height), just turn that part off, and you can fly it further out.
2016-3-22
Use props
dukedinger
lvl.1

Australia

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-3-22 20:28
The 500 meter limit is how high it can fly, there are other setting that can be turned on or of such ...

Thank for that. The product shipped with the quick start manual but even when I received the unit, the full manual wasn't available for download. (Purchased on the 15/3) - is now.

I have noticed that there are still options in the DJI go app that aren't covered at all in the manual. For example, setting way points.

Loads more marketing info - not too much tech
2016-3-22
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

dukedinger Posted at 2016-3-22 16:12
Thank for that. The product shipped with the quick start manual but even when I received the unit, ...

That's the Dji way.  We are pioneers!!  Trailblazers,  even.  Boldly going where no man has ever even thought of.  Able to leap,  or crash into,  tall buildings at a single...  Wait,  I'm mixing my metaphors again.  

2016-3-23
Use props
desta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 948858 ft
United States

Was out to 1.25 Miles today before loosing video but there were a few tree tops in my way and i was flying around 500 so wasn't high enough to get line of sight
2016-3-23
Use props
Sajid Shah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 627539 ft
Portugal

You Can fly in  ATT MOD .. But for sure Return To Home is not working ... fly away or lost is yours own Responsibility ...
2016-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules