Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Never ending dilemma: update or not?
1329 19 2016-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dobmatt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

As the newly posted FW seems to be bugged in some areas, what will be the most desirable approach? Ignore the red warnings in DJI Go app and fly as usual waiting for the fix? Or update, go thru all necessary calibrations and setups, and pray for lucky next flying?
2016-3-22
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

No One is game to say mate   ......I would say stay tuned for at least a week.......better safe than sorry
2016-3-23
Use props
Nigpd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 597677 ft
United Kingdom

Call me a sissy, but I've got an Inspire Pro and I'm sticking to the below until all the "wrinkles" have been ironed out that have been identified all over the forums

APP              2.51
AIRCRAFT     1.6.00.40
RC                1.5.70
CAMERA        1.3.0.60

I can't see any reason to update as of yet
2016-3-23
Use props
dobmatt
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Nigpd Posted at 2016-3-23 04:09
Call me a sissy, but I've got an Inspire Pro and I'm sticking to the below until all the "wrinkles"  ...

That's exactly what my bird is flying with, except for the app being 2.7.1! It seems that DJI Go upgraded itself on iPad Air 2 without my approval or even my knowledge... I don't know how is it possible, via WiFi or what? OK, I'll wait and see...
2016-3-23
Use props
Westwoodfilms.c
lvl.2

Canada

Wait im running 1.6 with no issues and like others said wait it out another week. Let the test "dummies" bite the bullet.
2016-3-23
Use props
Nigpd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 597677 ft
United Kingdom

dobmatt Posted at 2016-3-23 10:34
That's exactly what my bird is flying with, except for the app being 2.7.1! It seems that DJI Go u ...

I always keep my iPad wi-fi set to off and also in aircraft mode, to avoid any chance of anything downloading without my knowledge
2016-3-23
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well I am no dummy, but I have updated both Inspire 1 V1 and V2 plus my P3P today. I had a camera fail update on the Inspire 1 V2 and then did the update over again with a fresh bin file and it worked great. I have test flown the Inspire 1 V1 and it is flying great no issues. I have checked out the P3P and it works great too.

So, no worries just take your time and complete the update.

Use the SD chip to update the aircraft and the DJI Go App to update the remote. Make sure you are not connected to the aircraft while updating the remote firmware. I made this mistake by accident but shut off the Inspire 1 and then re-downloaded the firmware and installed without any problem.  So three aircraft and five remotes all done  

Inspire 1V1 / V2
App: version 2.7.1
Aircraft: version 1.6.00.40
RC: version 1.5.80.
Camera: 1.7.00.90

Rich
2016-3-23
Use props
EdgyMedia
lvl.4

Japan

Fully updated. Inspire V1. Flew this morning after a 6 month or so absence (laws and public pushback in Japan on drones has been weird. And Winter), absolutely no problems. Flew a 47 and a 48 with no issues at all. I mean no issues other than 1. I was skittish as hell. 2. wasn't sure where the 'change the home point on the fly' button went. and 3. Forgot to change to D-log before the first flight *sigh*. But other than that, it was absolutely stellar. Video Soon.
2016-3-30
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

dobmatt Posted at 2016-3-23 05:34
That's exactly what my bird is flying with, except for the app being 2.7.1! It seems that DJI Go u ...

Dobbie , just do the Update, things seem to have settled down now.  I am very happy with my updates . I did have that strange + sign after the updated , but that went away when DJI reset there servers.   Your Go app was more than likely auto- updated, I know in my I-pad I have the option to auto update or not.  OR you may have visited the DJI site and it automatically did the update, probably in the fine print somewhere it says they can do that.  

-have Fun and Fly safe- donnie
2016-3-30
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-30
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Morph1 Posted at 2016-3-30 12:33
What is the flight time and the range you guys get on Inspire ?
I am thinking of perhaps buying on ...

Morph , I Own the Inspire 1 V2 and I love it,( I also owned the P3P but recently sold it)  I get  almost 14,000 feet of Range with my only modifications being the simple Windsurfer Antenna Reflector $ 20.00 and I did  the 32 channel " Upgrade " ( Free ) .  I had the upgrades on both my Phantom and Inspire and the range was almost exactly the same. My flight times are about 17 minutes and I am not pushing my packs either, I have 6 packs and could fly all day with resting and charging packs.    I enjoy the size and stability of the Inspire, It is easier to see, it looks cool as hell,  and is just built well. The small size of the Phantom can have some advantages, but I prefer the stonger, larger Inspire , when you pick it up it feels rigid and strong.     I thinks you could get one now new for about $2800.00 or less with a free additional  battery pack.

Have fun and if you need  any help , if you decided to get the Inspire 1  e- mail me at   donaldjames1990@gmail.com       Be sure to get the Inspire 1 V2 as well.

-donnie
2016-3-30
Use props
dobmatt
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Donnie Posted at 2016-3-31 01:02
Dobbie , just do the Update, things seem to have settled down now.  I am very happy with my u ...

Thank you brother Donnie (as somebody called you)! At this moment I'm trying to figure how to do proper IMU calibration on my training buddy P3P, after recent FW upgrade. I mean, how to avoid all these stray magnetic influences (cast iron pipes beneath my house, framing nails, Sherman tank buried below etc.). As soon as I figure it out - or after next session with my shrink - I'll do all upgrades on big bird... After all it's about time to fly here...
2016-3-30
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

dobmatt Posted at 2016-3-30 13:28
Thank you brother Donnie (as somebody called you)! At this moment I'm trying to figure how to do p ...

Dobbie, Personally I do my  IMU calibrations on   a Granite counter top in my kitchen , I try to keep it as far as I can from metal, also I make minor adjustments under the landing gear to make the( aircraft )  level perfect on the  IMU screen.  I then leave the room to avoid any vibrations in the floor, only takes about 7 minutes.   I am more critical about the metal when doing a Compass calibration.  I only do that after a FW update or If I travel more than 150 miles from the original calibration  site.  Also I am going to give you a link to this tips page, it is just awesome and has some great information on it for Phantom Flyers. (And crosses over to Inspire Pilots as well)
I would save this Page for your friend  as I find myself looking back to it for reference time and again.  
https://www.dropbox.com/s/10tozj ... ry%20Guide.pdf?dl=0

Cheers.....Brother Donnie!

2016-3-30
Use props
dobmatt
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Donnie Posted at 2016-3-31 02:36
Dobbie, Personally I do my  IMU calibrations on   a Granite counter top in my kitchen , I try to k ...

Yes, I've read this document before. Indeed, it's a Bible, probably the most comprehensive User Guide ever compiled and updated frequently. Highly recommended...
Anyway, do you have plastic utensils in your kitchen drawers :-) ?

Cheers.
2016-3-30
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2016-3-31
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Morph1 Posted at 2016-3-31 14:21
Donnie thanks for your reply,
What substantial differences other than gimbal receiver are there be ...

Morph , the motors are also larger with more power and supposedly the Transmitter has more Power ( this of course has been hugely debated).  Also the props have a new Prop lock system that I really like.  I think a NEW Inspire is in the works BUT will be at least 9 months to a year before coming out.  It will have sensors like the P4 and more for sure.  ( This of course is strictly my opinion )   I think If I were you I would keep the P3 and keep it at least another year, the price cant drop much more anyhow, so I would just keep it.  I sold My P3P while the market was still good and am looking to pick one up  a used if the right one comes along.   I love my Inspire, It is just a cool machine !

Good Luck - brother donnie
2016-3-31
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2016-4-1
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Morph1 Posted at 2016-4-1 11:19
Hey Brother Donnie !,

Hey there, I sent you an e-mail , I was wondering if you by chance had a lo ...

I received your E- mail and replied at least an hour ago.  I will double check to make sure it went.  

let me check that right now first ................
2016-4-1
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Morph1 Posted at 2016-4-1 11:19
Hey Brother Donnie !,

Hey there, I sent you an e-mail , I was wondering if you by chance had a lo ...

I re- sent it as well Hope you get it , let me know if not. I sent it first thing this morning too.  

As far as panning goes, I simply do it with the aircraft, I  have never had the opportunity to use a secondary RC, I believe you can  pan  with stick in  that set-up.   Also in some of the F modes , you can keep the camera stationary  and  do some neat panning shots that way.  

Maybe there is another way to pan ,  I am not that well versed in this aspect of the Inspire  and need to learn more about it.  

Donnie
2016-4-1
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2016-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules