And The Tale Continues
1253 22 2016-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
peters.monty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 145715 ft
Canada

I really don't know what to think of DJI anymore. They are great at creating leading edge tech but......
I ordered my Phantom 4 on the evening of March 1st. On March 11th, I got a message that the order had shipped, Fantastic. After a few days without any change to the FedEx tracking, telling me that the order had not been picked up yet, I enquired as to why 3 times and finally got an answer. DJI Chat told me that the order would leave in the next couple of days. This didn't happen. I enquired again threatening to cancel the order and was told it would ship Monday March 21st. And low and behold It doesn't ship Monday however I get a message today telling me that it has shipped and it now has a brand new tracking number (What happened to the first one??). When I check tracking with FedEx it says "Not found".
What an ordeal. So much for "presale ordering". and what an incredible turn off. I guess that my dismay will go away once and if I get the copter in my hands.
What incredibly poor service.

2016-3-22
Use props
Richard in Bois
lvl.3
Flight distance : 34721 ft
  • >>>
United States

So typical of the culture of businesses associated with China.
2016-3-22
Use props
djiphantom3xx
lvl.2

Canada

It's possible it is 'now' on its way - Fedex takes 1-2 days to 'update' their database. Check back in 1-2 days. If its still 'not found', then I'd suggest contacting DJI again.
2016-3-22
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

i'm sorry for your experience! Could you please give me your order number, I'll get our sales colleagues on your case, thank you!
2016-3-23
Use props
mjlstudios
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

You are very patient! I would have canceled the order and took a harder look at Yuneec Typhoon H. I hear Yuneec's customer service is top notch.
2016-3-23
Use props
peters.monty
lvl.2

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-23 20:17
i'm sorry for your experience! Could you please give me your order number, I'll get our sales collea ...

My order number is 001161538447. I have checked Fedex status this morning and it tells me that once again, only a shipping label has been created?? This is exactly what happened on MARCH 11Th!!!!!. As far as I'm concerned my order has been absolutely and completely mishandled from the beginning. I "Pre ordered" and  yet here I am with a second shipping label having been created. What happened to the first shipping lable and tracking number?. The only thing that will stop me from cancelling this order and going to social media now is if my order is shipped out today and expedited at DJI's cost.
Absolutely unbelievable how poor this service has been.
As I said, I will be cancelling the order this afternoon if I don't see resolution as suggested and If I have any problems getting a full refund I will contacting the better business bureau and reporting this company.
Sincerely, Monty Peters
2016-3-23
Use props
citivas
lvl.2

United States

I seems almost across the board that ordering from Apple generated a better outcome for people.  Pretty much anyone who pre-ordered got it on the 15th.  And if you have a problem Apple accepts returns while DJI tries to get you to submit DOA units for weeks of "repair" or refurbished replacement rather than just replacement.
2016-3-23
Use props
peters.monty
lvl.2
Canada

And the latest is that even though I've asked DJI for a refund because they have failed to deliver the product that I purchased over 3 weeks ago. They are saying that they won't stop the shipment even though the purchase is still in their California warehouse. This is turning from being bothersome to being a minor nighmare. 4 posts back, DJI Tim offered assistance but big surprise, I haven't heard a word from sales. DJI sales chat just tells me that they can't cancel the order. This is absolutely incredible.
Does anyone out there have some wisdom as to how I "might" get my money back for this undelivered product that is still sitting in a warehouse in California?
2016-3-23
Use props
mjanzou
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14820 ft
United States

peters.monty Posted at 2016-3-23 15:17
And the latest is that even though I've asked DJI for a refund because they have failed to deliver t ...

Call your CC holder and contest the transaction for non-fulfillment......
If the company in question can not provide an immediate tracking number, they loose.
2016-3-23
Use props
mr-nice-guy-82
lvl.1

United States

I ordered the 13th and the way things were going, I didn't expect it till april.. but on the 16th It was shipped with a tracking number. coming from Georgia to Illinois.. received it on the Friday the 18th. I was stoked... and surprised...
2016-3-23
Use props
DroneSpeed
Ban Posts

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-23
Use props
rasit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 386089 ft
United States

DroneSpeed Posted at 2016-3-24 07:36
Exactly. And you might end up getting a free drone if P4 claims they can't "pull it back".

Maybe two shipping labels =  two birds
2016-3-23
Use props
mjanzou
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14820 ft
United States

DroneSpeed Posted at 2016-3-23 16:36
Exactly. And you might end up getting a free drone if P4 claims they can't "pull it back".

Wishful thinking....

I did have to resort to this one time in my life thus far and they were given 1-billing cycle to complete the transaction, aka 30 days.

However, it certainly did not take 30 days once they were notified I was taking action on the purchase...

Got someone's attention.....
Besides, DJI aint gonna rip anybody off. I think they are a little overwhelmed at the mo......

Patience grasshopper.
2016-3-23
Use props
DJI Store
DJI team

Hong Kong

peters.monty Posted at 2016-3-23 20:58
My order number is 001161538447. I have checked Fedex status this morning and it tells me that onc ...

Hi,peters.monty,I'm so sorry to hear about that. I'm contacting our colleagues in warehouse for confirmation. We sincerely apologize for the waiting time and inconvenience caused.
2016-3-23
Use props
Fly Safely
New

I pre-ordered the Phantom 4 (directly from the DJI store) on the 7th of March and it only just arrived today, on the 23rd of March. (I live in Orlando, FL USA)
Not sure how many orders they received since they stated they will quote: "ship in the order in which they received payments"
This was rather a disappointing delivery and sadly this will be my last pre-order with this company.

I cannot even begin to fathom the frustration you must be experiencing having ordered on the 1st of March.
2016-3-23
Use props
peters.monty
lvl.2

DJI Store Posted at 2016-3-24 11:40
Hi,peters.monty,I'm so sorry to hear about that. I'm contacting our colleagues in warehouse for co ...

I have now asked for a refund a number of times. And it doesn't seem that DJI will honor my request. The tracking tells me that the purchase has not left the warehouse and that only a shipping label has been created (Same thing that was occurring two weeks back).  Why won't DJI just cancel the order and refund me as a gesture of good faith (And good business practice)?
So as it stands, DJI keeps repeatedly creating shipping labels/tracking numbers, the purchase doesn't leave the warehouse and DJI won't issue me a refund. Once again, this is unbelievable, particularly for a multi-billion dollar company!
We'll its off to my credit card company to see if they can assist me in any way.
This is just pure unadulterated greed on the part of this company.
2016-3-24
Use props
peters.monty
lvl.2
Canada

peters.monty Posted at 2016-3-25 05:53
I have now asked for a refund a number of times. And it doesn't seem that DJI will honor my reques ...

I have contacted my bank and they will proceed with action on my behalf in 1 week (As mentioned in a previous reply). I still can't believe that DJI won't just issue a cancellation and refund to an unhappy customer. Remembering that DJI still has possession of the P4 in its warehouse in California.
This is pure corporate greed.
2016-3-24
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I ordered a phantom 2 vision in October 2014 and still haven't received it!! So just be patient it takes awhile for stuff to come all the way from China.
2016-3-24
Use props
citivas
lvl.2

United States

peters.monty Posted at 2016-3-24 18:25
I have contacted my bank and they will proceed with action on my behalf in 1 week (As mentioned in ...

It's against the law so you could go further than your bank.  In the US you can't issue payment until you ship the product.  Since you have a record that they have issued multiple shipping notifications that are fake and never ship then canceled, you have a black and white case of fraud.  The fact that they refuse to refund you after written requests when the original transaction was already illegal only compounds it.
2016-3-24
Use props
DJI Store
DJI team

Hong Kong

peters.monty Posted at 2016-3-25 05:53
I have now asked for a refund a number of times. And it doesn't seem that DJI will honor my reques ...

Hi, peters.monty, our agent has updated a correct tracking number in the email for you. It will take about 2-3 working days to get it delivered. Sorry again.
2016-3-24
Use props
connorschulte
lvl.3
Flight distance : 261033 ft
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-3-24 17:34
I ordered a phantom 2 vision in October 2014 and still haven't received it!! So just be patient it t ...

I sincerely hope you're joking.
2016-3-24
Use props
gswilder
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18409 ft
  • >>>
United States

I ordered from DJI on March 2nd. March 15th rolls around and no progress on my order. Cancelled with DJI, and placed order with Apple. Got within 2 days.
2016-3-24
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Before I send mine back (unopened) anyone want to buy it?  $1400, you pay the shipping from LA
2016-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules