25809 72 2016-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans84d9a482 Posted at 2017-8-17 11:39
Question, can't DJI deactivate a Mavic Pro via serial number, in cases of thefts?

Sorry that the drone cannot be traced with serial number, we can only checked its activation info in our system instead of its location unless customer syncs the flight records and provide us his/her DJI account. And these records are used for data analysis in case of any accident.
2017-8-17
Use props
fansc94bb020
New
Flight distance : 98442 ft
Australia

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately my magic has been stolen is it still possible to retrieve the serial number as per the comments in this thread? I activated the drone when I first flew it with my email so are we able to recover the serial number some how?  The police require the serial number.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Shannon

2017-9-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fansc94bb020 Posted at 2017-9-7 15:27
Hi everyone,

Unfortunately my magic has been stolen  is it still possible to retrieve the serial number as per the comments in this thread? I activated the drone when I first flew it with my email so are we able to recover the serial number some how?  The police require the serial number.

Send an email about this to support@dji.com, see if they can use your email to find the serial number of your drone.
2017-9-7
Use props
Pecherskyi
New
Ukraine

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-1 08:07
What is your email and I can see what I can do.

Hey!
My drone got stolen
m.pecherskyy@gmail.com
2017-9-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Pecherskyi Posted at 2017-9-22 03:46
Hey!
My drone got stolen

We are sorry to read on this, unfortunately we are unable to lock or track the drone at the moment, please contact local authorities for assistance. You have our sincere apologies.
2017-9-22
Use props
fansbcc3391b
New
Flight distance : 4777 ft
United Kingdom

Hi have my mavic pro stolen from my car in Geneva city center outside SUBWAY. DJI KEN, Can you please help me in this regard.
2017-9-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansbcc3391b Posted at 2017-9-24 14:41
Hi have my mavic pro stolen from my car in Geneva city center outside SUBWAY. DJI KEN, Can you please help me in this regard.

We are sorry to hear that, please refer to my post in 45# and contact police for further assistance.
2017-9-24
Use props
fans0921c1f7
lvl.1

Ireland

Hi. I came across a drone while on holidays in same position for 2 days so didn't look like owner could locate drone. I picked it up myself and charged it hoping location would show up for owner . I am trying to locate owner. Any ideas
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans0921c1f7 Posted at 2017-9-28 01:28
Hi. I came across a drone while on holidays in same position for 2 days so didn't look like owner could locate drone. I picked it up myself and charged it hoping location would show up for owner . I am trying to locate owner. Any ideas

Thanks for your kindness, I'm sure the owner will be very grateful for your assistance.
Please send email to support.nl@dji.com with serial number, our Support will assist to find the owner. Thanks.
2017-9-28
Use props
fanscdf805b3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 220466 ft
  • >>>
United States

Morning folks! So I have had all of dji products  in my hand at one time I've flown everything from the spark to the M210.  But that's not what I'm here to talk about I just recently had a friend give me a drone phantom three that she found on her property I check the SD card and there is only one video but did not give any description of the individual. My question are you guys is is there a serial number on the burden so I can  so I can get it back to the gentleman who it belongs to. This was over a year ago, I  was just given it
2017-12-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fanscdf805b3 Posted at 2017-12-16 05:24
Morning folks! So I have had all of dji products  in my hand at one time I've flown everything from the spark to the M210.  But that's not what I'm here to talk about I just recently had a friend give me a drone phantom three that she found on her property I check the SD card and there is only one video but did not give any description of the individual. My question are you guys is is there a serial number on the burden so I can  so I can get it back to the gentleman who it belongs to. This was over a year ago, I  was just given it

Hello Sir, thanks for your kindness.
On a Phantom 3 series drone, the aircraft serial number can be found on the tail of the aircraft inside a circle. SN.jpg
Please contact our support to see if they will help to find the previous owner, thank you.

2017-12-16
Use props
djiuser_HX1m0daXRWTJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 70210 ft
Mongolia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-23 13:56
You piggybacked of a post I was assisting another user with.
Please PM the story. And the only way it can be tracked is if the person uses their email for the GO app and if DJI gets a location with email and IP address. You need to file a police report and the police have to contact DJI with a subpoena as they will not release any information to you.

Stolen Mavic Pro Platinum! What email address does the police need to send the subpoema to?
2018-4-23
Use props
djiuser_HX1m0daXRWTJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 70210 ft
Mongolia

DJI-Ken! It appears that you're the only one who's burdened to deal with unfortunate owners of drones. My case is lot worse. My brand new Mavoc Pro Platinum was stolen with it's RC, brand new Galaxy Tab S3 (still attached to the remote), and entire Fly More Combo that was in the Lykus bag. My dji account email is horizon.quests@gmail.com. Police is working on the case. I'd like to request all the help dji is able to give to notify me once the drone resurfaces again on the digital grid. What can be done and what I can do to help you help me? Thanks
2018-4-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_HX1m0daXRWTJ Posted at 2018-4-23 07:24
DJI-Ken! It appears that you're the only one who's burdened to deal with unfortunate owners of drones. My case is lot worse. My brand new Mavoc Pro Platinum was stolen with it's RC, brand new Galaxy Tab S3 (still attached to the remote), and entire Fly More Combo that was in the Lykus bag. My dji account email is horizon.quests@gmail.com. Police is working on the case. I'd like to request all the help dji is able to give to notify me once the drone resurfaces again on the digital grid. What can be done and what I can do to help you help me? Thanks

We are sorry for your loss, as a matter of fact, we are unable to track the drone. If your drone is stolen and the person registers his own DJI account, we are unable to get any location if he doesn't sync the flight records to the cloud. Please contact local authorities for assistance. Sorry again for your loss.
2018-4-23
Use props
Myarsulik
New
Flight distance : 11886 ft

United States

My mavic pro was stolen. Reported to police. I relieved a flight sync data after it was stolen. Is there a way to see its gps location with my serial? Still have box and receipt
2018-6-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Myarsulik Posted at 2018-6-6 13:20
My mavic pro was stolen. Reported to police. I relieved a flight sync data after it was stolen. Is there a way to see its gps location with my serial? Still have box and receipt

Myarsulik, we cannot access the flight records if the drone was flying under another DJI Account and did not sync his records. Sorry about this.
2018-6-6
Use props
stonecold1
lvl.1

Switzerland

Hey all

Ordered a Mavic Pro but it got stolen on the way from the company I ordered it to me.
Don't know the serial since I never had the drone in my hands. Should the company where I ordered it have the serial in their records and can they provide it to DJI to verify who registered the drone? Any possibility to put the drone on a blacklist as soon as it gets registered?
2018-7-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

stonecold1 Posted at 2018-7-4 22:16
Hey all

Ordered a Mavic Pro but it got stolen on the way from the company I ordered it to me.

We are sorry for your loss, it is regretful to tell you that we cannot lock the drone regarding this, please contact your seller to make a dispute with the courier services company to see whether they can compensate your loss.
2018-7-5
Use props
stonecold1
lvl.1

Switzerland

It seems that a not activated/registered drone who I reported stolen now has been found by transportation company. Can you check by the serial if the drone has been blacklisted by my supplier and if yes, can be taken of the blacklist?
2018-7-12
Use props
fans775c2888
New

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Hellllppp  meee  
My Drone Mavic Pro stolen
I have original box and all serial numbers
My email:   ugi.jotanovic@gmail.com
2018-10-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans775c2888 Posted at 2018-10-30 17:12
Hellllppp  meee  
My Drone Mavic Pro stolen
I have original box and all serial numbers

Hi there, we are sorry for your loss, unfortunately, we are unable to lock or track the drone at the moment, please contact local authorities for assistance. You have our sincere apologies.
2018-10-30
Use props
djiuser_8DulfGJ8uPuT
New
Norway

Hello, someone just stole my dji mavic pro platinum plus my fly more pack. I really don't know what to do. Is there a way to locate it even tho it's probably off? Please help me
2018-11-3
Use props
djiuser_8DulfGJ8uPuT
New
Norway

Hello, someone just stole my dji mavic pro platinum plus my flight not pack. Is there anyway to locate the drone all tho it's probably off? Please help me!
2018-11-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

djiuser_8DulfGJ8uPuT Posted at 11-3 07:13
Hello, someone just stole my dji mavic pro platinum plus my flight not pack. Is there anyway to locate the drone all tho it's probably off? Please help me!

Hi there. We are sincerely sorry to hear on what happened. Regretfully, we are unable to track your stolen aircraft. Tracking it would require the aircraft to be flying when it was lost through the flight record on your DJI Go 4 App. We recommend that you report to your local authorities of the theft that had happened, and allow the police to run on their investigation of this incident.Hoping we could do more, we apologize. Thank you for understanding
2018-11-3
Use props
Mochanl
New
Flight distance : 10781 ft
United States

My drone was automatically landing today because a low battery. I could not stop it.  By the time I got to where it landed( about 400 feet away) someone picked it up and took off with it.  Is there anyway to find it? They turned it off because I couldn’t locate it. I stood exactly where it said it landed. I was a the beach where there was nothing to get lost in. Just enough people I couldn’t see where it landed and I couldn’t see who took it.
2019-3-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mochanl Posted at 3-31 22:06
My drone was automatically landing today because a low battery. I could not stop it.  By the time I got to where it landed( about 400 feet away) someone picked it up and took off with it.  Is there anyway to find it? They turned it off because I couldn’t locate it. I stood exactly where it said it landed. I was a the beach where there was nothing to get lost in. Just enough people I couldn’t see where it landed and I couldn’t see who took it.

Hi Mochanl, we are sorry for your loss, unfortunately, we are unable to help track the drone on this situation, please contact the local authorities to see if they could help.
2019-4-1
Use props
djiuser_t4eBKMzNNSl1
New

India

Nice article thanks for sharing……
2019-4-1
Use props
fans5c88396a
New
Flight distance : 12470 ft
Belgium

Good morning

My (new) drone DJI Spark was stolen in Milan last week. Is there a way to track it down via GPS...? Will it show up it’s position when turned on?

Thanks a lot for your help
2019-6-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans5c88396a Posted at 6-7 23:30
Good morning

My (new) drone DJI Spark was stolen in Milan last week. Is there a way to track it down via GPS...? Will it show up it’s position when turned on?

I feel sorry for your loss, we are sorry for your loss, unfortunately, we are unable to help track the drone on this situation, please contact the local authorities to see if they could help.
2019-6-9
Use props
simey
New

United Kingdom

I've had my DJI Inspire 1 stolen & police notified but no luck. How do I get it locked by DJI?
2019-10-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

simey Posted at 10-28 11:41
I've had my DJI Inspire 1 stolen & police notified but no luck. How do I get it locked by DJI?

We are sincerely sorry to hear about the experience. Regretfully, we are unable to lock your stolen aircraft. Only the local authorities may help.
Hoping we could do more, we apologize. Thank you for understanding and have a great day.
2019-10-30
Use props
djiuser_VSVpV1N0SFN1
New
Netherlands

I lost my osmo pocket a while ago can i track it if it has been used??  Mail is kevinplusa@gmail.com
2019-12-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_VSVpV1N0SFN1 Posted at 12-29 13:54
I lost my osmo pocket a while ago can i track it if it has been used??  Mail is kevinplusa@gmail.com

Hi there, we are sorry for your loss, unfortunately, we are unable to track or lock the lost device, please contact the local authorities for assistance.
2019-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules