Well, I *guess* they repaired it
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stephen.h.watso
lvl.2

United States

Got an email that said that I'd receive a repair tracking ID, earlier this week, after they received my P3P at the repair facility.

Of course, never got one.  

Still, it looks like the drone is being shipped back to me, because I got a FedEx notice that it's being delivered today (and would have been nice to have been noitified when it was shipped, so I could either plan to be home to sign for it, or have it held at the local FedEx facility; since DJI didn't tell me squat, I can't do either today.  Thanks, DJI!)

No repair tracking ID ever sent, no notice of drone being shipped back, no indication of *what* *might* have been wrong/repaired...that is some STELLAR customer service, I tell you what...
2016-3-23
Use props
rhbraun007
lvl.1

United States

I am surprised at the number of complaints about this I have read. When I crashed my 3P3 and told them about it, they  immediatly sent an RMA with a shipping label for FedEx. I sent it to their repair facility in Carson.CA. I was able to track its progress on the website, and I got it back less than three weeks later. No problems, and they even repaired free of charge, when I thought I would have to pay.
In the US, you have to get the North America service. In one case, where I wasn't sure where to ask, I got their headquarters in China, and the answers seemed to take a long time. I think the left hand there doesn't know  what the right hand is doing, But when I really needed service, I got it fast and friendly. My aircraft has been flying without any problems since its repair (and taking good pictures).
2016-3-23
Use props
P3_Nutz
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Another classic DJI "service" by the sound of it. God I hope I never have to send mine in.
2016-3-23
Use props
stephen.h.watso
lvl.2

United States

I should have mentioned that this is the second repair for the same problem (No Signal, gimbal disconnect) plus a new problem (USB ports not working).
2016-3-23
Use props
waxking1
lvl.1

United States

I also just got mine back today P3P.  I've posted about this before, but I had the drone about 2 weeks and was flying in front of my house.  The drone squealed, flipped and straight to the turf about 20 feet down.  

My guess is a motor went out and the noise was made by bad bearings?  Anyway "No repair tracking ID ever sent, no notice of drone being shipped back, no indication of *what* *might* have been wrong/repaired", this was the same in my case.  Although the service is timely, I really wonder what was fixed.  I can see they replaced the damaged casing but I wonder if a motor was replaced.  For all I know the motor may have been an intermittent failure and I will have to deal with this again.

I live on a small lake and have flown over it several times.  If the motor had gone out over the lake and the drone sank I would just be out the money I spent.  I really have no confidence in the reliability of this drone.
2016-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules