722 2 2016-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SteadyFly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

First off, I'm a complete DJI fanboy.  I own everything they have put out.  I mean this literally.  I have multiple drones of each kind, Ronin, Osmo, focus control, and parts galore.  
Of course when the Phantom 4 was announced I bought it that day.  Besides the horizon issues, I love the product.  I have read about the potential defects and am waiting to hear from DJI about this (apparently everyone is a Apple executive on the forum).  However, seriously none of this bothers me that much.

What bothers me is the complete lack of customer service for the phantom series.  DJI has said loud and clear that they don't care at all about their Phantom customers.   I'm currently on week 4 of a drone "issue" in which I've still heard nothing about from DJI.   If this was the first time a lack of customer service was an issue I would not be writing this...

For the last 3 years, DJI has neglected to hire more phantom series support.  A 1-3 month turn around is not acceptable for any company.  A simple gimbal repair used to take 6 weeks or more!  Now, a simple log analysis test takes 1 month and counting.  I've had so many issues with my phantom series drones and gimbals. In my opinion, even the most well maintained drone will have issues eventually.  So does it give you piece of mind to know that you are buying a very volatile product with very little support?  

I initially thought this was an issue all around DJI.  It is not.  The pro support is top notch.  My inspire 1 pro was diagnosed and returned to me within 2.5 weeks.  My ronin battery broke and I received a new one in less then 2 weeks.  I had a faulty Inspire 1 unit and it was quickly replaced.
So what gives?  Why has DJI decided that Phantom customers and products are not worth it?  Sure, money is an issue, but why wouldn't DJI want to showcase the fact that these drones are durable and easily fixable?  If Apple is getting involved I very much hope they teach DJI about streamlining the maintenance and repair department.  
The phantom series represents the most publicly visible part of DJI.  If they don't pick up the pace, the phantom that I see in every park will slowly change in to Yuneec products or whoever can pounce on this weakness.  As I've said before, I'm a huge fan of the pro series and will keep on with my S series and Inspire series products.  However I am done with the Phantom series after the P4.  The product may be awesome but who really cares if you can never get it maintained?  DJI needs to wake up and take care of the face of the company, aka the Phantom series.
2016-3-23
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft

I just had the "Landing" issue where it was trying to land instead of RTH when I lost line of site.

It would not fix no matter what I did so I got rid of the image and zoomed in on the map and switched to ATTI mode and with 2% left in the battery, managed to catch it.

I was sure I was about to have my first failure. I have yet to lose a bird of any sort and this was damn close and the girl on the phone gave me the reason that it auto lands at 20 meters from the homepoint if you RTH from that distance!!! I was floored.

I said I was flying off of a valley, if that happened, it would have landed in a location it would have never been found.

She said it was the same in the P3P and is on page 16 of the users manual.

Of course when I came home to check her info, it says that the P4 will "decelerate" at 20 meters away from the home point.  Quite a different thing.

I am sort of pissed right now.  I said in another thread, it would take someone that has never really flown to give such a statement.

I am going to say some words to DJI.... Xerox, IBM, and Microsoft.  I could go on but these were companies that once had nearly 100% market share and now the best one is split at best and the rest are just novelties.

Be careful.
2016-3-23
Use props
SteadyFly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

ArtistFirst Posted at 2016-3-23 18:30
I just had the "Landing" issue where it was trying to land instead of RTH when I lost line of site.

I'm glad it didn't crash.  It would have been a long road getting that thing fixed
2016-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules