Flickering Video. Inspire 1 Pro
1206 2 2016-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
noahaon
lvl.1

United States

Since upgrading the camera on my Inspire 1 with the X5 my video now flickers in the shadows. I gone through the forums and feel like I have tried everything that has been suggested.
I have done every frame rate, every shutter speed.

This video is ISO 100 / 60FPS / Shutter Speed 120 / F11

The drone is hovering at about 250 feet. You can see flickering in the shadows. The shadows is where it is most noticable.

I am beginning to believe this is a problem with the actual camera or firmware and not user settings.

If anyone out there has any suggestions I'd most appreciate it.

Thank you!

2016-3-23
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

I think there is another post similar to this somewhere...... I believe someone from DJI said this is a known issue and is being worked on for a correction in the next FW upgrade.
2016-3-23
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Yeah, few things going on here.  First of all the compression itself causes a slight flicker in luminance levels because of the GOP structure.

Then you have artifacts in the shadows which creates a dancing effect, which can also happen with tight lines or detail.

So my opinion is everything you are seeing is happening because of the compression.   

I'm looking forward to seeing some high detail footage from the X5R, which shouldn't suffer from any compression issues.
2016-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules