Exposure, Saturation, Sharpness and Contrast
2342 5 2016-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stevencossio
lvl.1

United States

Hello Team-
New to the Osmo, Have a Gopro4 Hero Black.
Love my osmo, Stabilization is insane even while running.

Here is my question.
When I record videos of my kids playing outside in broad daylight and then playback the footage on my TV or laptop I feel as if something is slightly off with the color.
My subject (kids) faces look dark and over sharp and the background or sky very bright. Those zebra stripes come on over the horizon.

Im not a MANUAL settings guy but.....
If I want my footage to look more natural tone and have clarity of skin tone (faces) what settings should I be adjusting?
I found in the camera setting different picture type like B&W, Vivid and a bunch of other ones but dont know whats going to give me the best result.

Im simply looking for the BEST CLEAR Picture that captures video as I see it through my own eyes!. Hope that explains what im trying to get out of it.
Any settings or preferences you can share for me to get this type of look im looking for would be greatly appreciated. My GoPro captures good detail and more accurate color profile. So what settings should I be using. Most of my footage is outdoor (parks, beach)

Thanks
2016-3-23
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello!
Hope you can find more useful info. at this website http://www.ricoh.com/r_dc/photos ... preparation/is.html
2016-3-23
Use props
stevencossio
lvl.1

United States

Awesome thanks ... Anyone else who might have manual configurations or settings that provides more accurate tones , highlights and shadows?
2016-3-25
Use props
rj74
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

stevencossio@gm Posted at 2016-3-26 00:48
Awesome thanks ... Anyone else who might have manual configurations or settings that provides more a ...

Latest firmware color profiles are improved - are you on latest firmware?
Try D-Log profile for best shadow and highlight detail. Also try Cinelike-D.
Put sharpness down to -2 in 'style' settings to get rid of the over sharpened look.
You can also adjust contrast and saturation in 'style' settings to your taste.
White balance presets are too warm IMO. Try auto WB, or custom 5300K for daylight setting.
2016-3-25
Use props
robind_r
lvl.3
United Kingdom

rj74@me.com Posted at 2016-3-26 01:55
Try D-Log profile for be ...

I agree with your points, but I wonder if it's sometimes best to apply any "un-sharpening" adjustments in post?
2016-3-26
Use props
stevencossio
lvl.1

United States

rj74@me.com Posted at 2016-3-25 21:55
Try D-Log profile for be ...

Yes, Latest firmware.
I found the settings your talking about. I will record a few clips with the adjustments you recommended and see which ones give me the best picture and definition.

I appreciate your feedback.
Thanks you
2016-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules