speed
2714 19 2015-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nicholasbowersm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5282280 ft
United States

I am only seeing 17.5 mph in the pilot app!  I am in ATTI!  Am I missing something?
2015-1-11
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

It should be doing more than that.. I do know they slowed it down but let's hope not by that much. Are you sure that's not m/s?
2015-1-11
Use props
jones5r
lvl.4
Flight distance : 105722 ft
United States

Blade_Strike Posted at 2015-1-12 03:04
It should be doing more than that.. I do know they slowed it down but let's hope not by that much. A ...

Slowed it down. Are we talking GPS mode, ATTI mode. Both?? It's speed and performance is one of the main reasons why I took the plunge. I haven't received mine yet, but this is troubling.
2015-1-12
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

As far as i know the pilot app has meters per sec in default, the iOSD modul also show M/S. 17 m/s would be 61km/h / 38mph.
2015-1-12
Use props
mlglisson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

Daninho Posted at 2015-1-12 19:11
As far as i know the pilot app has meters per sec in default, the iOSD modul also show M/S. 17 m/s w ...

That sounds more like it.
2015-1-12
Use props
jleblond1
lvl.1

United States

yes me as well blade what do you mean they slowed it down.  i thought i could do 49mph
2015-1-12
Use props
rbendjebar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3170190 ft
  • >>>
United States

As I understand it, the Inspire max speed limitation is based on the max forward attitude allowed by FC to attain speed through an airmass. Yet speed indicated on the app is measured by GPS, which is really Ground Speed, since it's measuring movement over the ground not through the air mass. If you're flying into the wind, that will limit your speed over the ground. And if you're travelling with the wind the FC will limit the ground speed to the set limit.
2015-1-12
Use props
acfilms
lvl.1

United States

Can I ask a dumb question? Where are you seeing the velocity? My app doesn't show speed telemetry and only shows mileage, time, and max altitude on the flight record page where all flights are listed.
2015-1-13
Use props
Arctictern
lvl.2

United Kingdom

The speed info is displayed at the bottom left of the screen while flying under HS.
2015-1-13
Use props
cow
lvl.1

United States

acfilms Posted at 2015-1-14 02:47
Can I ask a dumb question? Where are you seeing the velocity? My app doesn't show speed telemetry an ...

On the flight record page you have to actually play back your flight in order to see the ground speed. I believe what the others are saying is correct... it may say miles per hour, but it's giving you meters per second.   When I was flying my unit I noticed in the upper 30s and when I went to replay it it was showing me roughly 17 m/s.
2015-1-13
Use props
jones5r
lvl.4
Flight distance : 105722 ft
United States

Blade_Strike Posted at 2015-1-12 03:04
It should be doing more than that.. I do know they slowed it down but let's hope not by that much. A ...

DJI PLEASE PLEASE don't send out firmware updates to tame this unbelievable beast every time some idiot gets in over his head. It's not fair to the true hobbyist and RC pilots out there. Thanks in advance.
2015-1-13
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

jones5r Posted at 2015-1-14 06:09
DJI PLEASE PLEASE don't send out firmware updates to tame this unbelievable beast every time some  ...

I agree and 2nd your comment.
2015-1-13
Use props
acfilms
lvl.1

United States

I've played back all my flights and the max I've been able to fly was 7.9 m/s in GPS mode. I'm not sure what I could be doing wrong.
2015-1-21
Use props
chato1974.email
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3657356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine has only gone 27 mph (as shown in the app) with no wind.  I too was expecting that 50 MPH as advertised. But the smile on my face doesn't care that much right now. I'm just glad It hasn't crashed from some firmware bug1 lol (Kidding!) sort of.....
2015-1-21
Use props
Nes
lvl.3

United States

ATTI mode and this Inspire is a beast of a machine. No issues whatsoever since day 1 (two weeks ago) very stable, responsive and agile when needed. Here is a pic someone took over my shoulder and it was still gaining speed. Saw it around 53.change with the tail wind. I am also placing a link from a previous post I did) here of the same day where you can see the Inspire1 going through the paces in ATTI Mode and the hovering done with GPS. Don't normally fly this way, as I use it for steady video, but wanted to test the firmware out.

http://youtu.be/xzvt7iWVNI0

MPH.jpg

2015-1-22
Use props
Roastie
lvl.2

France

Gordon Bennett..................

As far as I can see from the specs, there are no pitot tubes or other sensors on the aircraft to measure airspeed...
If you had a 40mph wind coming from the north and you flew south at 40mph airspeed, your groundspeed would be 80mph.  Would that keep you happy?
But in the same conditions you flew north, your groundspeed would be 0mph

GPS can't measure airspeed, and because you don't know the wind conditions at the location the aircraft is flying it is unreasonable to complain about your "speed" when you read it off the app...  

Wind speed and direction can vary greatly at very small differences in altitude / position

2015-1-22
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

That's fast
2015-1-22
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

jones5r Posted at 2015-1-14 06:09
DJI PLEASE PLEASE don't send out firmware updates to tame this unbelievable beast every time some  ...

I agree. The high-strung are going to transfer their hysteria in this litigious world. We need progress slow and steady rather than knee jerk reactions that come from fearing the wrath of the spoiled.
2015-1-22
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just want mine to go!
2015-1-22
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3