OSMO New Firmware Version v1.6.2.10 - What's new?
123Next >
14880 84 2016-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Moshe.mmm
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1320098 ft
  • >>>
Israel

m.friedl@a1.net Posted at 2016-3-26 21:45
@Moshe.mmm

Hmm, works only in Photomode 2x  

so in video recording you can make zoom only at maximum resolution mode of uhd?
2016-3-26
Use props
m.friedl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
Austria

Moshe.mmm Posted at 2016-3-26 20:24
so in video recording you can make zoom only at maximum resolution mode of uhd?

you can use 2,7k Mode

try yourself

Mike
2016-3-26
Use props
tiagoantoniopav
New
Flight distance : 271742 ft

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-26 12:50
The audio performance of audio may not in the professional level, however, we'll try out best to i ...

You guys need to focus on improve the captation of soud of the original mic, but more than that improve how osmo interact with noisi environent. I using osmo to record the best djs on brazil. Very loud places. The gopro hero 4 wont distort never.i hope osmo get on same level whem i use my rode mic.but until now is not heappening
2016-3-26
Use props
Kalifornia
Ban Posts

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-26
Use props
RegDawg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 54091 ft
United States

I just got my Osmo and immediately installed the newest firmware and the audio issue thats been reported is not bad with what I've experienced. I could hear the audio clearly although I could hear a hint of the gimbal motor with the stock mic. I have a Rode VideoMicro that I have not yet tried.
2016-3-26
Use props
Spud
lvl.1
United Kingdom

just updated mine via SD card as recommended. it only took 5 minutes compared to 15 for the last update, it hope it's installed properly (3 beeps and green lights suggest so).
2016-3-28
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

tiagoantoniopav Posted at 2016-3-27 08:54
You guys need to focus on improve the captation of soud of the original mic, but more than that im ...

Our engineers will try to improve the quality of the audio to the most in the future.
2016-3-28
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Kalifornia Posted at 2016-3-27 10:33
I updated and I am still getting the message osmo is currently connected to another mobile device. A ...

If you use Android devices, this issue may happen because of the running background programs.
What's the model of your mobile device? Please make sure that your device is compatible with DJI GO App.
2016-3-28
Use props
joshuanicholas1
lvl.2
United States

So after the update, When taking a video, the fan turns off right, but is it normal to still hear some noises being made from inside the X3?
2016-3-29
Use props
PhotoProEvent
lvl.3
Flight distance : 118806 ft
  • >>>
France

Hi is the fan stop an option while recording or an obligation?
2016-3-29
Use props
RegDawg
lvl.3
United States

joshuanicholas1 Posted at 2016-3-29 04:05
So after the update, When taking a video, the fan turns off right, but is it normal to still hear so ...

I get the same thing. I think its the gimbal motors that the osmo mic is picking up. I have a Rode VideoMicro mic that I have not yet tried so hopefully that does better.
2016-3-29
Use props
joshuanicholas1
lvl.2
Indonesia

The mute fan option is already on when you start filming, but if I remember correctly, I swear in the previous update, the motor sound weren't there before, my videos we very quite which was awesome!
2016-3-29
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

PhotoProEvent Posted at 2016-3-29 21:34
Hi is the fan stop an option while recording or an obligation?

It's an option, you can turn it on/off in Camera icon->Audio(Mic) Control->Mute Fan.
2016-3-29
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

joshuanicholas1 Posted at 2016-3-29 19:05
So after the update, When taking a video, the fan turns off right, but is it normal to still hear so ...

The noise may come from the spinning motor.
We'll try to improve the quality of audio further in the future.
2016-3-29
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

joshuanicholas1 Posted at 2016-3-29 23:26
The mute fan option is already on when you start filming, but if I remember correctly, I swear in th ...

The motor sound may be covered by the sound of the fan. When you mute the fan, then the motor sound becomes clear.
2016-3-29
Use props
tiagoantoniopav
New
Flight distance : 271742 ft

Bad mic after update.

Recording on 2.7k and 4k, mic gets noisy after last update. using rode dslr mic. anyone else? what to do?
2016-4-2
Use props
bigmouth.kwok
lvl.2
Hong Kong

This update is very smooth & did not require to pull & plug the SD card anymore, all can be done via the Dji Go app, well done Dji
2016-4-3
Use props
harald_r
lvl.1
Flight distance : 693504 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-30 03:59
The motor sound may be covered by the sound of the fan. When you mute the fan, then the motor soun ...

Hello, is it possible to update the OSMO firmware through the X5? I have an adapter for the OSMO.
2016-4-3
Use props
harald_r
lvl.1
Flight distance : 693504 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Can I upgrade OSMO Firmware v1.6.2.10 using the Zenmuse X5?
2016-4-3
Use props
klim83
New

Italy

hello Guys!!!I need a help.Today after update,i find one problem,When i put my osmo in horizontal  directional i cant move the cam with joystick in pan directional only tilt  . Whats this problem?
2016-4-3
Use props
emrboran
New

Turkey

hello can i update the upragade using dj go app?djı go app warned me about latest update but in forum members usıng sd card to update.whıch one i prefer?
2016-4-5
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

harald_r Posted at 2016-4-4 05:34
Hello, is it possible to update the OSMO firmware through the X5? I have an adapter for the OSMO.

Hello!
I'm sorry that the latest firmware v1.6.2.10 is only for X3 camera with the Osmo.
As for the X5, please wait for our further release.
Thanks for your understanding!
2016-4-5
Use props
emrboran
New

Turkey

hello DJI-Adela whicj update method i must üse?app or sd card?
2016-4-5
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

klim83 Posted at 2016-4-4 07:48
hello Guys!!!I need a help.Today after update,i find one problem,When i put my osmo in horizontal  d ...

Hello!
Please make sure that you've upgrade the firmware of the Osmo and the DJI GO App successfully.
Try to re-install the DJI GO App and check if you can solve the problem.
Connect to the DJI GO App, please check Gear setting->Gimbal->toggle on the Advance, you can adjust the Smoothtrack settings, and you can calibrate the horizon and gimbal etc. in this menu.
If the problem can't be fixed, please let me know.
2016-4-5
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

emrboran Posted at 2016-4-5 16:56
hello can i update the upragade using dj go app?djı go app warned me about latest update but in for ...

Hello!
You can upgrade the firmware either by the DJI GO App or the SD card.
Please refer to the document about How to Update Firmware at http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#downloads
If you have any problem, please let me know.
2016-4-5
Use props
RegDawg
lvl.3
United States

Will there be another firmware release for new updates to the Osmo in the near future? It seems the updates are getting better and better and I'm just hoping the updates  don't stop but instead they keep the newer firmwares for a possible Osmo 2.
2016-4-5
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

RegDawg Posted at 2016-4-6 06:05
Will there be another firmware release for new updates to the Osmo in the near future? It seems the  ...

Thanks for your post and support!
We'll keep improving the quality of our products!
For any further new update, please keep an eye out of our next announcement.
At the same time, we would be appreciated to receive more good suggestions from you.
2016-4-5
Use props
coffeebugg
New
Flight distance : 125 ft
Philippines

Should've just stuck it out with FW 1.4....

I'm not getting a live feed on on my Lenovo A536 after upgrading both the DJI go App and the Osmo FW. Can't even downgrade to a lower firmware.

Gademmet.:@
2016-4-9
Use props
davelent
lvl.1

Thanks Adela. Installed 1.6.2.10 last night on my day-old Osmo after nearly panicking about the audio (shooting an awards ceremony Sunday night). With the Flex mic and Rode Video Go there was much crackling. Reducing the level to 30 to 50 helped, but still noticable BG noise. My Tram lavaliers - internally powered - sounded great, as did every powered mic I tested. Very happy with the firmware...But: When I pan the Osmo, I see a subtle but noticable jerking - at whatever frame rate I use. Any ideas? Thanks, Dave (P.S. I can live with the jerking - just won't be doing much panning tomorrow night - but it will be great to hear that it's fixable.)
2016-4-9
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

davelent Posted at 2016-4-10 12:14
Thanks Adela. Installed 1.6.2.10 last night on my day-old Osmo after nearly panicking about the audi ...

Thanks for your comment!
We'll try to improve the audio quality in the future, it involves both hardware and software.
About the noticeable jerking, could you please give me more description so that I can understand your problem better? If it only happens when panning, please take care of your operation and movement, each axis movement of the gimbal has its own mechanical endpoint, it may not perform very well when it reaches its limits.  (Please learn more about the Spec. at http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#specs)
2016-4-11
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

coffeebugg Posted at 2016-4-9 20:17
Should've just stuck it out with FW 1.4....

I'm not getting a live feed on on my Lenovo A536 after ...

Sorry!
It's not available to downgrade the firmware at present.
Your phone is not in our recommended list, we won't guarantee the compatibility with the DJI GO App. However, you may fix it by clear up the phone's memory so that it would be more powerful to run the DJI GO App.
After checking the specification of Lenovo A536 at http://www.gsmarena.com/lenovo_a536-6674.php, I'm afraid it may not be compatible with the DJI GO App. If possible, we would recommend changing to a mobile device with at least 2GB RAM.
2016-4-11
Use props
davelent
lvl.1

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-11 16:12
Thanks for your comment!
We'll try to improve the audio quality in the future, it involves both ha ...

Thanks for replying so quickly Adela. Concerning the panning, the jerkiness happens whether I'm simply moving the camera (without using the joystick pans) left or right - slowly or quickly - or if I'm panning with the gimble...same result. I'll see if I can put together a short sample for you this week.

Concerning audio, the three hours I recorded Sunday night of a fashion show/fundraising benefit contain many unusable audio sequences - problems I may have been able to work around had I the ability to monitor the audio being recorded. So I hope your company understands the importance of audio monitoring for customers with high standards for programming and filmmaking. Cheers, Dave
2016-4-11
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

davelent Posted at 2016-4-11 18:21
Thanks for replying so quickly Adela. Concerning the panning, the jerkiness happens whether I'm si ...

Thanks, Dave!
About the problem of panning and audio, we'd like to have a look at your samples if it's convenient.

As regard to the audio monitor, we've recorded this new feature in our list, our engineers will take consideration. I hope I may get more further information for you soon, please pay more attention to our official website for any update.
2016-4-11
Use props
FabricioE
lvl.3

Venezuela

So far so good.

I updated the last version through DJI Go and it works fine. I'm still testing but I guess is not going to be a significant audio improvement. It seems that the horizontal level problem is corrected.

I hope soon DJI can make a pan/tilt timelapse option
2016-4-12
Use props
davelent
lvl.1

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-12 10:17
Thanks, Dave!
About the problem of panning and audio, we'd like to have a look at your samples if  ...

Hi Adela. I was able to download all of the fashion show footage today and. to my surprise. all of the "crackling" (which had occurred during playback on my iPhone 6s) were not there...all of the audio is fine. I suspect it was the iPhone that could not handle the audio level but my Macbook Pro handled them. Or, perhaps something in the relationship between the iPhone and the Osmo that interfered with playback audio. Nevertheless, I don't think this is a problem, just a quirk. Thank you for reaching out to your engineers and I hope you'll relay the good news.

Also - and strangely enough - the playback noise (sort of a scratchy sound) from the Rode Video Go and complained about, was clean on one of the two tests I did last night. So, instead of shipping it back to B&H, I will do more tests and let you know what i find out. Cheers, Dave
2016-4-12
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

davelent Posted at 2016-4-13 08:29
Hi Adela. I was able to download all of the fashion show footage today and. to my surprise. all of ...

Hi,
Those are all good news! Thanks, our engineers will be very happy to hear of the further feedback!
I'm with you about your speculation of the cause of the audio problem in Playback. If only the original files in the SD card are OK, please don't worry about the Osmo. You may need to choose to use another Media Player with a better quality..
Not all of the Mic are compatible with the Osmo, we suggest using the recommended MIC in our official website, please take a look for your reference at http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#specs

We would like to hear of more further feedback from you, soon!
2016-4-12
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

FabricioE Posted at 2016-4-12 19:22
So far so good.

I updated the last version through DJI Go and it works fine. I'm still testing but  ...

Thanks for your comment!
We'll work hard to realize some new features in the future, thanks for your attention!
2016-4-12
Use props
davelent
lvl.1

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-13 10:08
Hi,
Those are all good news! Thanks, our engineers will be very happy to hear of the further feed ...

It will be wonderful when your software engineers find a way to send audio as well as the video to the smartphone for monitoring what's being recorded, yes?
2016-4-13
Use props
davelent
lvl.1

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-11 16:12
Thanks for your comment!
We'll try to improve the audio quality in the future, it involves both ha ...

Hi Adela. Like the over modulated audio that turned out to be fine after the file was downloaded, the "jerky" pans also appear to have been bad communication by or with the iPhone, which may not have been able to play the large file smoothly.. As you can see in this sample from Sunday night that I assembled for you, the pans look smooth. If a slight amount of jerkiness is visible, it may be an artifact of shooting in 30p - and I can live with that. You can tell this was my first shoot with the Osmo; I learned alot and can't wait to do more. I sent back the Rode Video-Go today and bought the Video-Pro (thank you very much. My audio levels were too low, so I may use an external audio recorder and synch it later if necessary. That being said, I love this new tool, which makes shooting much more like fun than work P.S. I could have cut this sample much shorter but thought you deserved a little entertainment in return for your analysis, Cheers, D
2016-4-13
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

davelent Posted at 2016-4-14 01:57
It will be wonderful when your software engineers find a way to send audio as well as the video to ...

Yes, absolutely! That's a really good suggestion.
Hope that we can witness its birth in the future!
2016-4-14
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules