Flash light Mode -
1500 12 2016-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Davidaw
lvl.2

Russia

Silly Question!

I'm struggling to find the benefit or use of this mode, what am I missing?

2016-3-24
Use props
rodAndTheCat
Second Officer

New Zealand

It gives you a very low angle of view. You can also turn the osmo upside down and get an even lower view- great if you are following young children .
Rod and the cat
2016-3-24
Use props
DaveK
lvl.2

United Kingdom

It's good for filming small dogs!

2016-3-24
Use props
Davidaw
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DaveK Posted at 2016-3-25 01:46
It's good for filming small dogs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb7ye_dEPnA

Nice DaveK!
2016-4-2
Use props
Davidaw
lvl.2

United Kingdom

rodAndTheCat Posted at 2016-3-24 12:51
It gives you a very low angle of view. You can also turn the osmo upside down and get an even lower  ...

Gosh!  I'd forgotten I'd posted that question, been away for a while.

Yes the upside down thing I've cracked!  and finding quite useful but I've found you can't easily transition from upright to horizontal! (or is that something else I'm missing!)
2016-4-2
Use props
joshuanicholas1
lvl.2
Indonesia

Flashlight mode has also been proven to be more smooth when filming then when you are holding it upright. I saw it in a YouTube video
2016-4-2
Use props
Davidaw
lvl.2

Russia

joshuanicholas1 Posted at 2016-4-2 21:00
Flashlight mode has also been proven to be more smooth when filming then when you are holding it upr ...

Good to know thanks, I'll try that out!
2016-4-2
Use props
MyNameIsFrazer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 116247 ft

Yea 100% smoother than using it upright (Y)
2016-4-2
Use props
robind_r
lvl.3
United Kingdom

MyNameIsFrazer Posted at 2016-4-3 05:50
Yea 100% smoother than using it upright (Y)

Interesting - but why should that be?
2016-4-3
Use props
C.Birch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56365 ft
United Kingdom

robind_r Posted at 2016-4-3 09:11
Interesting - but why should that be?

Holding the Osmo in a flash light way, lets the front on the camera move up and down in a kind of a shock absorber way next to how your hands moving. Holding it up right and the camera will move up and down the very same as your hand does.

So upright gives the camera a 1 to 1 movement with how the hand moving, where the flash light way does not move in a 1 to 1 manner with your hand, because it's a more loose way to hold it so like i say it acts like a shock absorber.
2016-4-3
Use props
robind_r
lvl.3
United Kingdom

C.Birch Posted at 2016-4-3 10:57
Holding the Osmo in a flash light way, lets the front on the camera move up and down in a kind of  ...

But I would have thought that you're only moving the camera position through ninety degrees, and that the gimbals would still be reacting in the same way.
2016-4-3
Use props
C.Birch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56365 ft
United Kingdom

robind_r Posted at 2016-4-3 15:43
But I would have thought that you're only moving the camera position through ninety degrees, and t ...

Your moving the camera from a position above your hand whats going take in every up and down movement of the hand, to a position out in front of the hand and with a holding style thats a more lose hold, so the camera will not move the same amount as the hand does.

It's all about letting the camera float more in your hand and not take in all the movements.
2016-4-3
Use props
MyNameIsFrazer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 116247 ft

If any of you guys follow Philip bloom on facebook he has been testing out a new accessory from dji that apparently totally removes all up and down movement. But honestly from his test shots i couldnt see a huge improvement from just using the Osmo in flashlight mode.
2016-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules