IOC with Failsafe. or ATTI and lost transmitter signal with RTH
1650 9 2015-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marc.aronowitz
lvl.2

United States

I'm just asking this, since I haven't tried it yet (but should).    If piloting in IOC, will Failsafe work if activated?   I haven't tried yet so thought I'd just ask.    Also, what about if operating in ATTI.  If the transmitter signal is lost, will RTH activate (provided 6 or mor satellites)?

Thanks.
2015-1-11
Use props
Jamie Hellmich
lvl.4

United States

Yes, and Yes.
2015-1-11
Use props
marc.aronowitz
lvl.2

United States

Thanks.    Easiest test I ever did
2015-1-11
Use props
cmgreenejr
lvl.2

United States

The short answer is yes. IOC simply means that, if you activate HomeLock in naza mode, and pull back on the right stick (meaning reverse), Phantom will head back to home, regardless of its orientation, at its current altitude. This is a great tool for situations where you have flown Phantom too far away to see, and/or you have lost WiFi/FPV view, so can't tell orientation, but need to bring Phantom back toward you and into view, at which point you simply move S2 back to the top position, and resume flight control.
2015-1-11
Use props
Jamie Hellmich
lvl.4

United States

cmgreenejr@bell Posted at 2015-1-12 04:10
The short answer is yes. IOC simply means that, if you activate HomeLock in naza mode, and pull back ...

Clarification:

In NAZA Mode GPS ATTI (S1 in top/first position)  Home Lock and Course Lock are functional.

In NAZA Mode ATTI (S1 in middle/second position) Course Lock is functional, Home Lock is not.
2015-1-11
Use props
marc.aronowitz
lvl.2

United States

Again,  If flying in CL....if I lost site and moved S1 to Failsafe (leaving S2 in CL), would the bird come home is she see's 6+ satellites?    I understand I should first try HL, but if I can't see it, would FS on S2 bring it back.  
2015-1-11
Use props
Jamie Hellmich
lvl.4

United States

marc.aronowitz@ Posted at 2015-1-12 07:42
Again,  If flying in CL....if I lost site and moved S1 to Failsafe (leaving S2 in CL), would the bir ...

The answer to your question would be yes.  If failsafe is kicked in because you called for it on Switch 1, or if it is returning home to to low battery, or because of transmitter signal loss, S2 switch position is of no matter.
2015-1-11
Use props
tonyphantom147
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Yes. Failsafe effectively turns transmitter off.  RTH will enable and override everything.
2015-1-11
Use props
Jamie Hellmich
lvl.4

United States

cmgreenejr@bell Posted at 2015-1-12 04:10
The short answer is yes. IOC simply means that, if you activate HomeLock in naza mode, and pull back ...

Actually, if you have indeed enabled NAZA flight mode within Vision Assistant, you need to be in S1 position putting you in GPS ATTI mode to enable Home Lock.

Find the NAZA-M V2 manual here, http://download.dji-innovations. ... _Guide_v1.26_en.pdf  ,

And note on page 10 in STEP 1 the 2 bullet points regarding IOC Home Lock and Course Lock in GPS ATTI and in ATTI mode.

GPS ATTI mode Home Lock and Course Lock functional

ATTI mode, Course Lock functional.  Not Home Lock.
2015-1-11
Use props
aerodrone
New

Mexico

WHEN I TURN MY PHANTOM 2 AND TRANSMITTER ALL WOKS FINE.. AND CONECTED,  BUT AFTER A FEW SECONDS THE SIGNAL LOST AND ENTER ON FAIL SAFE MODE.. EVEN IF I CLOSE (1 METER) AND WITHOUT ANY INTERFERANCE.. I DO ALL ITS POSIBLE AND NOTHING WORKS. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.
2015-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules